Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

Why would Urban go to a place that has all the expectations and craziness of Texas, but without the money and infrastructure of Texas when he already turned down Texas last year?

It’ll be USC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dango Bango posted:

There's a lot of overlap in the "college football coach" and "grifter" Venn diagram.

Superimposed over Tommy Tuberville’s stupid face.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

She seems happy I think it's nice good for them

Sure it’s nice. It’s still really funny.

On 9/11 too. :laffo:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

All I'm hearing about Florida is they have a quarterback controversy and fans think the backup is better than the starter. Don't worry Gator fans, you play Kentucky in a couple weeks, the springboard for backup quarterbacks arriving mid-game, coming from behind to win, and taking their teams to new heights (see: Trask, Kyle; Jackson, Lamar; Bridgewater, Teddy).

Wuerrfel, Danny

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Komet posted:

Remember when Steve Spurrier brought Wuerrfel to the Skins to be his starting QB? What a wild time to be a Skins fan.

I remember him wearing a glove on his throwing hand and I was tremendously embarrassed for him.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Komet posted:

It's completely ridiculous to fire your coach after two games, especially when the next three or possibly four are totally winnable going into a bye before a not-very-good Notre Dame. I don't know what throwing the team into disarray for the season does when you're probably not announcing your hire until December anyway.

This is exactly wrong. Once you know, it’s time to drop the ax. Don’t give them enough time to introduce doubt with a handful of gimme wins.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

drewhead posted:

While I 100% agree with this... what was it that USC learned in the first two games that they didn't already know last year? And why were they so slow to learn it when basically everyone else on the planet already knew?

Being wrong last year doesn’t make it less right to fire him immediately this year, even if it’s been apparent to everyone else for awhile that he wasn’t the guy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Do we have a college hot seat/coaching carousel thread up yet? Because someone needs to start one so we can throw all these rumors in there to argue or laugh about.

https://twitter.com/SportsTalk_SEC/status/1437878869265104897

Mainly laughing at this one I think.

Our heyday happened when I was a teenager and my future is just watching Saban run away with the conference until he dies. Whatever happens in the meantime is immaterial, as long as the football is entertaining.

Having said that, it’d be hilarious in the context of that article two days ago about how excited he was to come to UF.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Dan Mullen created the account anonymously to express his real and sincere thoughts about his desire to leave The University of Florida.

I mean, we *are* total assholes.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Who the hell are the Papaya Bois.

Danny Ric and Lando Norris went 1-2 at Monza and I got a gangtag out of it (McLaren’s official orange color is “papaya”).

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

I would legit adopt SCAR as my sidepiece team if one of the times they did the magic trick it was Spurrier who popped out.

Sorry he’s back home now it’ll never happen

although this idea is boss as hell and I wish it’d happened

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Apparently Stetson "unleash the loving dragon" Bennet has a strained back. UGA quarterback situation getting weird.

Good. So is ours. Lol...maybe we will both hobble into Jax and just slap dicks for a few hours and see how it turns out.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

EvilHawk posted:

Unlike the NFL there's next to no coverage of college sports in the UK. I'm not even sure what channel it's shown on over here (it used to be ESPN but who knows if that's still going). There's nothing on the BBC or any of the major sports websites referencing it. Unless you have a reason to pay attention it's just not entered the UK consciousness at all.

So when a layman hears "college sports" they think of maybe the Oxford/Cambridge boat race but American Football and it all seems very silly and strange. There is/was a bit of a push to get it going with universities here but that's still very much not popular.

Turns out there isn’t much of an appetite for bashing your brains in for free on the slimmest hope of unfathomable wealth in a nation with basic and functional social services.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I wonder how big Mullen's raise will be. Well-deserved at this point imo, even if he is an abrasive dipshit.

It's all relative, friend.

Also, tories trying to tear it all down doesn't change the fact they implemented them in the first place.

Again, by comparison, they look like a communist utopia.

America would be pretty rad if it did the bare minimum of caring about its citizens instead of funneling money to like 500 people while the world burns.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Sash! posted:

The only reason that college football is a thing is the unstoppable force of inertia. Reading any more into it is a fool's errand. The sport was an amateur sport almost to the 70s. Pro football as a national sport barely existed in the 60s. That's practically yesterday. Our parents were still children.

The AFL that becomes the AFC didn't exist until 1960. Eight NFL teams predate World War II. The Big Ten was 24 years old when the first NFL team formed. Penn State was on season 46 when the Steelers and Eagles both formed. College football is old.

I have to basically ignore the problematic parts of CFB to enjoy it anymore.

Goddamn, I do love it though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I don’t know what you do for a living but I’m assuming you haven’t worked a lot of overdoses or done much CPR in homeless camps under overpasses or behind Walmarts in our thriving corporate oligarchy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dan Rubenstein used the words “scared for Bama” in the Solid Verbal week 3 preview and I cannot stop laughing…..

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

I won't go down that D&D rabbit hole other than to reiterate what I was getting at with the concrete brutalist hellscape: other systems (and people are voluntarily migrating from those to ours) aren't that great, either.

Yeah this isn’t a political forum but cmon man…you can’t possibly believe this.

As long as we both believe in Anthony Richardson, all things are possible. :hf:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

CharlestheHammer posted:

What’s funny is those brutalist buildings are unironically better than most American apartment complexes

There isn’t a SINGLE VISIBLE CRACKER BARREL and thus it is poo poo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Franklin to USC is too dumb not to happen.

nah posted:

Most people believe it as well because it's true so it shouldn't be that outlandish to you

lol ok. Back to football.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I am faced with a dilemma. Do I bother watching UF-Bama on Saturday? I’ve watched all our other matchups hoping for an improbably upset but I’m kind of tired of hoping.

gently caress.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scionix posted:

we're going to beat your rear end lol

Oh im quite certain y’all are going to flash fry our asses in the first 5-7min.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1438842908111745029

Spencer bringing some good heat right out of the gate this morning

TAMU just smashing a bank vault (twice!) on behalf of Jimbo loving Fisher is still just the funniest thing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

I'd trade any Colorado-exclusive chain for just a single Bojangles, anywhere in the state... I'll drive from Denver to fuckin Durango for a cajun filet and some Bo rounds.

Bojangles is my usual game day breakfast and has been for 20 or so years and I would never trade it despite all the years it’s taken off my life.