Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Professor Beetus posted:

As to misinformation, it's not an official rule or anything but I will absolutely nuke poo poo like someone coming in pushing ivermectin or basequin or whatever the next bullshit is.

Is *anyone* on SA endorsing ivermectin non-sarcastically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

HonorableTB posted:

Hey Beetus while you're here, can you do gangtags for OP contributors? Or is it just avs/plat?

BTW, I realize that I'm 18 months too late, but aren't the "Super Spreaders" and "Yes I Want Coronavirus" gangtags kinda inappropriate for this thread?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Potato Salad posted:

I mean this in good faith: you get that they're jokes, yes?

I realize that, but that's not carte blanche.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

This is false. Rules require enforcement. The Biden admin can actually do as much as they want if they decide to ignore the courts.

This is technically true but it's not a place that anyone wants to go, right or left.

I mean, Biden is Commander in Chief, so he could theoretically order the military to kick down doors and forcibly shoot the vax into people. Except that when they're done, we don't have America, we have an Iron Bloc state.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

mod sassinator posted:

Is this what science looks like?

A hell of a lot of 'science' takes place in back rooms over cocktails.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqN3Ur-wP0

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The CDC isn't some constant conspiracy you need to defeat and scam. If they say that you: a 30 something stay at home with no major immune issues are probably not going to benefit from a booster at this time, they might just actually mean that, they might not be trying to trick you where you need to pull out some weird "b...b....b....but I get colds sometimes!" thing. If you went and got an antibody test right now, they know the odds are for you it'd show appropriate levels of antibodies to protect you as is, so have not recommended the shot for you.

Good old OOCC, charging full-tilt at windmills that don't even exist.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Fritz the Horse posted:

You're all making this out to be far more complicated than it need be.

Simply nerve staple your citizens. Drone riots will not occur for at least 10 turns.

...and then what, once the nerve stapling wears off and the drones have built up an immunity?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Dick Trauma posted:

Since CA opened up the booster right after I canceled my appointment I made a new one. By the end of the month I should be boosted.

https://twitter.com/oliviadeng1/status/1459226811364220931?s=20

And they can't decide how to pronounce it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

redbrouw posted:

I'm not going to lie, I mistakenly saw goatse in that link and clicked.

Yeeeeeah, whoever chose "Goats and Soda" as the title of their column hasn't been on the internet long enough.

(or maybe they've been on too long, who knows)

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

When Wired says something is going to happen, it's not going to happen.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Saying a new variant has "32 new mutations!!!!" is meaningless by itself. That's like a commercial claiming a new brand of diet soda has "32 new chemicals!!"

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Here in the US, at least in my area, we also don't have a proclamation that COVID is over (really the opposite,) public venues still insist you mask up even if you're vaccinated,

again, if we're discussing Massachusetts

I'm in MA, when I went grocery shopping yesterday I saw about 25% masking on workers and 10% for shoppers.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
When a new mutation arises, only three things matter:

1) Can it spread at least as easily as Delta?

2) Does it evade the RNA vaccine, in full or in part?

3) Does it make your asscheeks fall off?

If a new variant is significantly less transmissible than Delta, then it can be safely ignored, because Delta will outcompete it. If it wholly or mostly evades the vaccine, then we have a big problem, but fortunately that's extremely unlikely, due to the nature of the spike protein. Any mutation which significantly alters the spike protein will almost certainly make the virus unable to infect a cell, making that mutation irrelevant.

It doesn't matter whether a new variant has one or 32 or a million mutations. All that matters is; how contagious it is, whether it evades the vaccine, and how deadly it is.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Who are the active hosts, this is important

Someone whom you don't know.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

I'm actually wondering whether this is an awesome troll or an absolute moron.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

ILoveCovidandDeath posted:

Admin edit: nope.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Going forward, could we get some kind of timelock on hot-button threads like this to prevent people who just reged from posting? It's always some rear end in a top hat's parachute account.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Shammypants posted:

That dude has an astonishing 9% probation rate (9% of his posts leading to probations). It's rare to see someone on here for 18 years with 139 posts total, virtually all of them poo poo posting right wing memes and having probes off 12 of them.

Haha where does it say this?

EDIT: I'm not doubting you, I'm curious which button one pushes in order to see these statistics.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 5, 2023

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Fritz the Horse posted:

It's been handled, please return to discussing COVID-19.

Oops sorry, didn't see that post before posting my post.

To get back to Covid talk, do the take-home 15 minute tests have a significant error rate? I've been having mild flu-ish symptoms the past week. I took the IHealth test and it came up negative, but I'm still kind of wondering.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Fritz the Horse posted:

Short answer: yes, rapid tests have a high false negative rate. I suggest you test once or twice a day for several days and I also recommend doing a combined nose and throat swab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qHTBlxfNes

I'm sure someone has more specific data on hand.

I did some googling and found that IHealth tests have a false negative rate of 5% to 35% depending on who you talk to. WTF? A home pregnancy test that sucked that hard would never go near the market.

I'm prolly not going to test again because I'm feeling better today and I'm fully vaxxed+boosted. Also that was our last test.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

GargleBlaster posted:

Blank post there fella

It's been years since I've seen a probe for emptyquote or :effort:.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Bel Shazar posted:

Funny, this also describes the original intent of IQ tests.

It was the military who first made use of IQ tests on a large scale.