Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its going to snow tomorrow. and then turn into the worst version of snow, slush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

petit choux posted:

Get these:

They make flossing a really trivial job.

I love these things, especially for my beautifully preserved wisdom teeth (thats right, I kept the extra teeth the government doesnt want you to keep)

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Xaris posted:

also there's lag time and general uninterest in examing (or funding) anything until long after.

also there's lag time between breakdown and dispersal

surely the massive rise in obesity across humans + animals across all diets (captive or wild), plummeting male and female fertility (not associated with birth control/'education'), shrinking penis sizes, alarmingly falling average years of puberty on-set (down from 12-13 in 1980 to 10-11), massive rise in autism and neurological problems, early onset dementias, and prob a bunch of other stuff is unrelated

drat I can't wait for the fat autistic guys with tiny dicks (which I am not) to rule our world. then girls will have to date us because theyre also autistic and we're all thats left. then we will all be truly free

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Radio Ecoshock is a good rear end podcast. very depressing though

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its gonna be alright. I've got a good feeling about it

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

thats one of the places Sam Porter Bridges gets deliveries from in Death Stranding

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Leo getting mad at guys online was funny. Jonah doing his thing in every scene was a little too much though

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

maybe if we give them a couple of billion years they'll become sentient

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

whats a little more when youre already filled with plastic

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

we're all going to be living underground like Gurren Lagann

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the entirety of India and Pakistan being over 100 degrees is wild. just the most sweltering oppressive heat

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its cool that we invented a lovely material thats ruining the planet and stays around forever. but also its cool that microbes are evolving to degrade plastic, nature at work

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Griz posted:

anything good in this will be more than offset by manchin's bullshit

https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/n...NQzBRQXZEX0J3RQ

lol thats perfect, first we drill baby drill and then eventually maybe we'll get around to doing the other stuff

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

well there's the Elden Ring DLC, and then the next Fromsoft game. after that we'll see what it's like outside

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its fine, barely anyone or anything uses water

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Pryor on Fire posted:

There has been no drinking water in Jackson, MS for a month because of flooding

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1564431286474792962

drat. shouldnt FEMA be doing something? besides disappearing the homeless into camps to experiment on as we all learned from Deus Ex

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

another beautiful 70 degree November day here in Minneapolis

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

rough allergy day today especially since I refuse to take pills for it. gonna go ahead and blame climate change

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its too hot outside

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

just change the y axis to +/- 100 and it will be a nice smooth line

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

finally getting some of that bad fire air and yeah I dont like it

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

hey Apples weather app is showing a little news widget telling me about the bad air quality in my area. the apps are adapting

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

what a feeling waking up to spicy outside air. time to treat it like a snow day and game instead of ‘working’

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

beefing with whatever pro growth lefties are seems like a terrible waste of time

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

dude single origin coffee beans are gonna be so expensive in the apocalypse

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

ahh nothing better than going to sleep with bad air quality and waking up to bad air quality. but who needs to breathe outside air anyway

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I’ve gotten so used to the feel and sound of AC that it feels eerie when its off

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Zodium posted:

biosphere thread when the periphery is being destroyed by climate change: lol. lmao. dehumanize yourself and face to gigadeath. that's entropy bitch :twisted:

biosphere thread when the core has one hot summer: it's too hard to face the suffering, and i have to keep the ac on. :(

well yeah because its happening to me

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its time to get back to our roots and start drinking mayan hot chocolate, a most delicious beverage

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

drat I'm sleeping so much better now that its colder out. hmm maybe being too hot outside is bad

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

real dark Radio Ecoshock episode this week. but the 90s vibes and nostalgia it gives off balance it out

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/CopernicusECMWF/status/1726578518463816078

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

maybe its good that its 50 degrees in Minneapolis right now. lets give it a chance

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

these temperature swings are doing a number on my allergies. has anyone considered that? how climate change is is affecting me sneezing in the morning

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

maybe we should go back to spewing dangerous chemicals to slow down the warming

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its funny you think of January 1st as a reset of sorts but not to our messed up planet

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

yeah it was a wild one. her podcast is good too. though of course its no Radio Ecoshock with its choice 90s style radio edits

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

drat its gonna be so hot this summer

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

unfortunately I have been born too late to live in the Gurren Lagann underground city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

500excf type r posted:

It's actually an "excessively drained soil" and it being swampy is because of ridiculous rainfall from the changing climate and being in a valley where the runoff collects. If you look carefully in the background of the bottom photo, there's a storm drain that just dumps on the ground where there is no natural waterway which is not ideal.

"DRAINAGE AND SATURATED HYDRAULIC CONDUCTIVITY: Excessively drained. Surface runoff is negligible through low. Saturated hydraulic conductivity is high or very high.

USE AND VEGETATION: Cleared areas are used for hay, pasture, and silage corn. In the southern Connecticut River Valley, Hinckley soils are used for growing tobacco and truck crops and in eastern Massachusetts, truck crops. Most areas are forested, brush land or used as urban land. Northern red, black, white, scarlet and scrub oak, eastern white and pitch pine, eastern hemlock, and gray birch are the common trees. Unimproved pasture and idle land support hardhack, little bluestem, bracken fern, sweet fern, and low bush blueberry."

are you sure it's not a bog or at the very least a marsh