Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Doug Baldwin, Super Bowl champion Wide Receiver taught the whole Seahawks locker room Magic.

And he plays UW mother-may-I control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

say no to scurvy posted:

Hi new thread!

What is your favorite obscure (or not-so-obscure) MTG slang/nickname/jargon?

I'm a fan of bicycle lands.
"basically a time walk" as a descriptor for anything that interacts with your opponent.

counter a spell? basically a time walk

kill a creature? basically a time walk

also calling that new 2G t: G for each creature elf "Guy, a cradle"

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

is Annul maindeckable yet? Esika's Chariot is everywhere and I think there might be enough splash damage (Ranger Class, Portable Hole) to make interaction that's that cheap playable. obviously you're over the moon if you snag some big dumb artifact like Maul of the Skyclaves

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

the low opportunity cost (U) is certainly there and having 1 mana interaction for the admittedly narrow "on the draw, vs monogreen curving out with ranger class on 2" is the specific spot where It might win the match on its own that makes it so appealing that I even posted.

sniping showdown and chariot are just bonuses at that point

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

If I read it correctly, they allow people who aren't vaccinated but have a negative test as well. Over here in Germany, stores require a vaccination or proof that you have recovered from Corona to play in events, a negative test is not enough. I played some prereleases last week because of that, I wouldn't have if they allowed unvaccinated people to participate.

Chariot and W7 will be banned before the year is over.
get on the Miserable Hermit train man
that card is absurd against Gx goodstuff because all their topend is non-creature

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

what was the last good cat card?
Lurrus

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

PlasticAutomaton posted:

If anything needs to go it's Epiphany. Can WotC please stop printing Time Walks, especially time walks that are win cons on their own?
epiphany is a good card, it asks you "can your deck win before turn 11" and if the answer is no, you lose.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Does Echo Chamber get around Hexproof effects?

It doesn't target the opponent; can I select an opponent with Leyline of Sanctity?

It doesn't have me making any selections; can it target Slippery Bogle (since 'an opponent' is making the choice)?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

Choices aren't targets. Hexproof only stops the word 'target'.
You still control the ability, even if your op choose the target for it. Hexproof only cares about that first part.

Toshimo posted:

It has been erratad to not targeting a player, so yes you can choose a Leyline player.
so yes I can select a Hexproof opponent, but they are not allowed to target a Hexproof creature they control?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Lord_Magmar posted:

I honestly think they'll be one at a time game modifications. Playable emblems but you replave your previous one when you play a new one.

Like yugioh field spells.

oh goody.

Currents didn't break NetRunner or anything.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Dr. Who is my go-to example of a show that's overall 'pretty bad'. When you look back episode by episode there's so many more misses than hits, but when it does hit, it his so good I get why people love it. & still affectionately look back on a couple of seasons myself.
this is also how illicit drugs work hth :lsd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Judge!

Can _____ block Pompous Gadabout?