Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

K so TT was openly putting things together during the Beta etc, folks like me who had no idea who he was or any of his history signed right up for the guild / discord. For future reference maybe bring up the reasons that TT running things is a bad idea a little sooner? Would have been nice to know before launch although I guess we did get a pretty hilarious meltdown in the last thread so maybe it's worth it after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Martout posted:

I didn't know TT either but I was very much aware of the Archeage fiasco with fishing pacts, bob from marketing etc. and knowing he was even halfway adjacent to that is a huge yikes

I'd say worth it for the fun meltdown but I guess it depends on how invested you were into his particular company

I'm in one of the spillover guilds, have really liked the goons am playing with in game, and like the game a good bit in general (except for the queue bullshit). So, I have zero qualms with moving to a new discord etc, but it would be nice to keep as much of the 3-companies worth of goons we have on Royollo together as we could. I've only seen 1st hand one of TTs friends (Lumbering Troll / Tandon Erro) calling people "retarded" and then raging against the machine when asked nicely to stop doing it but that was enough to give me pause, and shortly after that the thread blew up. Otherwise the large goon crew over there has been chill / fun / helpful.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Great Axe is always a good option if you're not at all sure what you want to do. It still feels pretty broken / OP in a lot of scenarios.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

Well that kind of kicks the "you can level all weapons but your choices are limited by your stats, but you can respec your stats on the fly so it's ok" cover in the teeth.

That's very cheap by the time you're at that level. And usually by that point your gear is going to be contributing a ton to your stats and you're going to be picking your gear based partly on your play style. Compared to a lot of other MMOs I've been around it's a little more flexible to let you remake what you want to do / how you want to play.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Son of Rodney posted:

Having three threads with each less than 50 pages was a pretty good indicator already, but I'm still gonna ask as I'm interested in this game: what's the goon consensus on this game? Everything i heard is more or less average but good looking with fun combat. The buy and play until you're done price of 40 is just enough for me to concider spending a few hours in a game, but if it's just bad then of course Ill skip it.

Totally worth the $40 in my opinion but given the state of servers like... this week if you're not in already and can only play around primetime for your TZ server I'd suggest waiting a week or so until server queues are less of a problem.

The game is a lot of fun, scratches the major MMO itches mostly in the right places and is worth the price just for that alone.

Downsides to the game right now are definitely the horrible queue times, the bland / generic questing options. The PVP structure is good on paper but I haven't seen it quite play out as well as I was expecting it to in the real game yet, but that could be easily tweaked along the way so less of a pure negative rn imo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Fun fact posting this gets you banned from the other discord in seconds.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

loving :laffo:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ragaman posted:

I’ve been on SA for a long time, but I don’t typically hang out in this sub so you can’t expect people to know who the local idiots are for every subforum community.

Yeah same

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

maybe they should patch the game to make it more compelling than goon drama

Such vaporware does not exist

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Barnsey posted:

What should my housing strategy be? just buy at the earliest opportunity ? There's a small one in my town for 2.5k with reduction.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I feel that the base game regarding the graphics, sound, netcode, zone layout, general atmosphere and the general mechanism of weapons skills driving the class etc are all incredibly solid and a good foundation for an MMO.

There's lots to improve but at its core it seems good. The real question is if they want to improve upon it or just open up cosmetic cash shops and try to milk whales until its not worth keeping the servers open.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

BadLlama posted:

I want it to crash and burn so jeff cant go to the moon

I mean, just want for Jeff to literally crash and burn

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress off with this poo poo.

Nah.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hulk Smash! posted:

If anyone else is like me and has old people reflexes, I finally found a weapon combo that works for me.

Sword & Shield/Musket. Open with musket then stab-stab-block-stab-stab-block. Repeat.

Not sure how effective this will be long term and for group content but overland PVE works just fine.

This is what Im currently doing too.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

orange juche posted:

Is that the swamp area? I love the swamp area, super spooky, also filled with seepstone.

Nah it's like a glowing tree forest / cave complex.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

1v1 slappers only no Oddjob

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ort posted:

Please stop jumping all over people super aggressively when their opinion isn’t the same as yours.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Too bad that salt cannot be mined from faction chat.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

bird. posted:

one thing i like about the town project board is it is real easy to log in, check it, see if there's anything that is cheap on trading post to turn in, turn it in, and close the game periodically while doing other stuff and passively get levels. my MB standing is now well ahead of my actual level from this lmao

I just wish there was a thing that showed if you had the items in storage in another town or not. It would be a really small quality of life change that would be nice

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Kill All Cops posted:

Guess I'm just gonna carry this T3 and T4 azoth staff in my backpack forever

Equip it, theres a specific slot for them.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Biowarfare posted:

do i even want to ask what a salt discord is

It's where you seed it with pro unionization members right?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Flavahbeast posted:

the end boss of invasions is pretty wild

Woah that poo poo looks good

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

It looks cool but they kinda ripped it off from 20th Century Boys manga.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

poemdexter posted:

I'm only 49, but I still haven't purchased a house and have no plan to do so. What does it even give you besides another place to quick warp to?

New taxes.

Are you talking about the game or real life

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Abuse the gold bug then post smugly itt about it and blame everyone who is poor for not doing the same.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

what do you mean blacklist? you have three guilds, if you want a town go take one, there are plenty to choose from

you have plenty of people in the faction discord as well, you can ping there if you want help pushing a territory

edit: fed in particular would love to see you actually start pvping, if we had given you bw back you'd have lost it weeks ago

Lmao this is great bootlicking.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

I'm trying to avoid importing drama

Lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I love that the person that "warned us" about TT is carrying water for the person that invited TT into their guild after we mass quit and broke with TT.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

tempus thales aint in fed, I specifically asked and made certain before I even bought the game

not only did I warn church about TT, every single remaining atlas goon also did, even the ones that dont play nw

This you?

Ad by Khad posted:

TT and the uwu holdouts joined federation lmao

I'm quite certain that Church, the leader of fed, knows what he's doing here but Royllo goons please be aware

Me and many other atlas goons who know fed have been warning them profusely, they know a little bit about who TT is. But hey, now I'm telling you

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

yeah, this was me too

they did the right thing in the end

Typical quisling logic on display.

You've been crowing for weeks about the menace of TT yet the moment that accepting him into your group gives you some benefit you're fine with it.

Principles are worthless if you only have them when it's convenient.

But please do go on and tell us how good Church is :allears:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

What do you call a group that accepts nazi sympathizers?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Simon Numbers posted:

Church actively fucks over a nazi piece of poo poo (tt) then gets vilified for it.

This is hilarious.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Simon Numbers posted:

ITT: TT sympathisers mad about his outing and causing drama.

You know the people blowing up Ad, and now you, are all people that quit TT's guild in disgust right?

Strange that Ad didn't do the same when TT was invited into their own company. But hey, principles aren't always important for some folks.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

BadLlama posted:

lol holy poo poo this thread owns again

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

East coast has been drama free after the split, just have some goons who jumped to the guild that TT went to and make noises itt about it. Day to day is chill, couple idiots got kicked along the way for saying idiot things as they should be.

Otherwise I think everyone is just chilling and waiting for the server transfer stuff to stabilize.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

piss-bottle man posted:

Logged in for the first time in a while and I was reassigned to a random company...Fed Turquoise or something. What happened now? I will probably just leave and play solo until I drop this game, which I'm thinking will be pretty soon.

Community Unity Movement was forced to change names so you're still in the same company

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

we insisted we wouldnt win invasions by glitching them out and it made the first one we won legit a hell of a lot sweeter

Ah now you have principles...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

aTosser posted:

I still feel if you are PvP Flagged you should be able to boot people off of nodes. Everyone would have to flag when harvesting. Then it becomes a group activity for the company. "We need to protect our harvesters"

Yep, pvp flag should allow you to push unflagged people off nodes, chests etc. Should be a nice perk for flagging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Eels posted:

i mean, that's just gonna get all the non-PVP people out of the game.

What % of players actually flag for open-world PVP.

Kind of a post hoc fallacy tho.

People dont flag for pvp as much because there is only a minor benefit for a major inconvenience (particularly if just doing solo questing / harvesting).

If pvp flagging allowed you to take precedence on harvests over non-flagged people, it'd make it more likely to be used, and give another reason for people actually wanting to pvp as competition for resources etc ramped up. Also gives you a way to gently caress with bots etc if you wanted.