Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It's a dumb tweet on her part, but it's made even dumber because it's in response to Glen loving Mazzara. :stare:

Edit: to be clear, I'm not a TWD fan, but goddamn do I love The Shield.

Edit: a Tomlette was made, likely at the expense of many Greggs.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Guze posted:

Tom has been considering divorce for awhile and the conversation with Shiv where she clearly hasn't even thought about where he fits in the post takeover company seals his decision to rat them out.

He gets to stay in the life and in power without her.

I'm fairly certain Tom can't just call up an attorney for info about a divorce settlement he has no stake in.

My guess is that Logan and Tom have talked about it before, and it's something they've been working out with Rex beforehand.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Withnail posted:

I think I know where this is going...

I love this post so much. Succession and BCS are my current two favourites.

Also, my wife, who watched it all with me, just asked "Rex Hendon? Who IS that anyway? Rex marriages, more like it."

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 16, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

Do y'all remember when grandpa quotes some fancy poo poo at Greg, and he responds with something like "....Ah, good ol' _____. He always knew what to say!"

What episode was that, and who was he quoting? It's driving me crazy. I think it was season 2?

Anything relevant happen in Tuscany back in those days?

I don't remember what episode number it was, but it was at Logan's surprise party. End-ish of season 2.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I picture Ian Mcshane.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I liked the pilot episode well enough, but it was Tom finding out about the Death Pit, the mind virus, and then spreading that to Greg that really got me hooked.

And here I thought (at the time) that they got out of that just fine.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ratcreeps posted:

think this might be a reference to the LAPD unofficially designating the murders of prostitutes, drug addicts etc as "N.H.I." (no human involved)

Jesus christ :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Doctor Jeep posted:

i think my favorite characters right now are frank and karl, with hugo a distant third because he hasn't had much screentime in season 3

Fisher Stevens has a small head, small neck, or both. He doesn't look well, but maybe I'm just totally off. I hope so :ohdear:

Also, I didn't even realize that the Peep Show guy was the creator/showrunner of this show. My wife and I met because of Peep Show.

Back when Google+ was a thing, a mutual goon friend posted some black and white illustration of the Ninja Turtles out in the dead of winter, wearing Russian-styled jackets and hats. I made some comment about how Bebop and Rocksteady never knew what it was like to face the situation in Stalingrad.

She liked it, also being a fan of Peep Show, we ended up chatting, and now we've been married for 8 years, have two kids, and just binged all 3 seasons of Succession in about as many weeks.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 18, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

sticksy posted:

drat, had never heard of the surname “Theegg” before

Same with Wambsgam or however you spell it.

Where the gently caress is that from, anyway?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

He doesn't actually want his children to succeed. He wants to beat them.

The Succession is his, not theirs.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, so where did the incest poo poo come from with Roman? Did I miss some episode where they went into it?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I'm sorry to be the guy who's bad at watching TV, but I am. Connor has a different mother than Shiv, Kendall and Roman, right? Was it from a previous marriage, or an affair?

I wondered the same thing, but I just checked a wiki. Because of course one exists.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

My mom now think I am insane because i empathized with Tom over Kendall. She asked me "Why do you always take the side of the WEAK?" and only sees him as a gold digger. I think he genuinely seems to love Shiv and the way she treats him just rubs me the wrong way. Am that pathetic?

Edit: I confess that maybe i am just a tad jealous that my mom seems to show Kendall far more pity and empathy than she has ever shown me. Yes, I might in fact be jealous of a FICTIONAL CHARACTER.

I wouldn't be embarrassed about this; if anything, it's worse that your mom feel that way, that much stronger, towards a fictional character than a real-life person.

I'd be upset if my parents did that for someone IRL, but I'd be WAY more upset about it if it was for someone who didn't even exist.

She should be the embarrassed one, though something tells me that she's not feeling any of that at all.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I wonder why Cromwell used superglue and not a more adhesive and potent gloop :thunk:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

For anyone here following the tremendously captivating Alex Jones dumpster fire of a trial...

https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1554922604619866112?t=gqIgfEe20ii79yu54B-4Fw&s=19

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bedshaped posted:

What age is Connor Roy supposed to be? Jeremy Strong (Ken) is 40 but Alan Ruck (Connor) is like 66 and only ten years younger than Brian Cox (Logan).

Connor's had a lot of stress in his day. Logan didn't take kindly to him absolutely wrecking his car, and he also married the first woman he slept with, and she treated him like poo poo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think there'll be some finality to it, maybe in the same way (or hopefully better) that Breaking Bad S4 finale had, and they just decided they were going to leave it there.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_AbzFADBEc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Same with me and Mariska Hargitay.

Forever, I thought it was Hart-i-gay. Nope!