Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Nemo2342 posted:

If someone doesn’t play a warforged I will be sad.

Liam said he made a backup character he loved way back when, but I can't help but think an artificial being has just the sort of quiet ennui he's looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

So Sam's new character is Clank.

Makes sense.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

jng2058 posted:

Honestly, it could be an indicator that the whole cast will be fluid. Some of the new PCs might cycle in and out, guest stars could be more common and stay for longer....it could be closer to the LA by Night model where there's a huge cast and only some of the main players are in any given episode. :shrug:

A lot of spinning wheels would also explain the need for the DM to take a week off every month to get things prepared.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

eke out posted:

it would be a very good joke if this was literal

Considering the rest of the party, a troll would not stand out. Except in a crowd, of course.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

I can't imagine Bertrand stays long term. He's well past his prime and I doubt he wants to go back to the hard knock adventuring lifestyle as an octogenarian.

He hated the hard-knock adventuring life even when he was in his prime.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

My working theory is that Laudna was one of the Briarwoods' undead minions who got trapped in a coffin or sarcophagus or something during their reign and then got lost or forgotten about after their defeat. How she got her freedom and free will I have no idea, but I get the feeling that she was either trapped or unconscious until very recently.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

NowonSA posted:

I wish in retrospect that they'd had Bertrand come in at level 3, just because joining at a higher level telegraphed that he wasn't going to be around forever.

My guess is that Travis' proper character will be one of Vex and Percy's kids. Having a proper legacy character with a closer tie to that OG VM party would be a lot of fun, now that I've seen how fun it was just to have Bertrand around. Whoever it is, I'm sure I'll love them, and I hope they get introduced ASAP in the next episode.

That assumes that all the telegraphing was unintentional.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Adus posted:

-am i the only one distracted by the mentions of 'dream theater' as a fan of the prog metal band of the same name?

You are not. I assume it's a deliberate reference.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Hexmage-SA posted:

drat this has been a brutal fight. I wonder if Matt's trying to up the difficulty this campaign or something.

At least for this encounter, Matt has discovered the effectiveness of infinite mook reinforcements in D&D 5. I've used the technique more than once in my own games. It's a good way to keep the pressure up throughout the fight and often adds a puzzle element as the players figure out how to stem the tide.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm surprised none of them even tried out the obvious "Troublemakers."

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Senjuro posted:

Between EXU and C3 they're are spoiling the poo poo out of C1 for new viewers. Don't know why they're not being more careful considering they're also spoiling The Legend of Vox Machina that's almost here.

They're the original creators making a sequel to their existing work. That's like complaining that George R. R. Martin was spoiling the upcoming Game of Thrones adaptation by releasing a new Song of Ice and Fire novel.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

xarph posted:

I was kind of disappointed with how well the bard duel went for him because "stage fright bard" is my favorite archetype and seeing a genuinely good performer pretend to continuously flatface brought me significant joy.

It makes sense he didn't feel stage fright this time. The competition was private and the only audience was a group of friends.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

TotalHell posted:

I dunno if I’m reading too much into this, but they trademarked Travis’s Chetney character name back a few weeks ago along with the other C3 characters, but they didn’t do that with Bertrand Bell. Which says to me this isn’t a troll character, this may be Travis’s long-term character choice for C3.

Travis making Chetney his permanent character is the troll.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Ultimate Mango posted:

After all this insightful discourse it occurs to me that SWANA might not be the Solid Waste Association of North America.

But then again that might just be what this is about.

Cultural appropriation aside I enjoyed S2 and Mrs Mango and I are watching S3 together. So that is cool and good.

SouthWest Asia and North Africa, just for anyone who hasn't yet cottoned on. Basically the regions most heavily influenced by the Arabian Empire and its successors.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

Wait.. I've had this on in the background - is it shaping up that their first major villain is going to be.... The Stonemasons?

Sure seems like some sort of Masonic secret society going on here.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

He tried so hard to help her not get caught.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Quinton posted:

A thought on swearing, violence, and nudity in the first two episodes of TLoVM -- I think the combination of the visual representation and the much more compressed runtime compared to the original format (which has no shortage of swearing, innuendo, violent combat, etc, but is much more spread out across 3-4 hour episodes) and expectations many people have of cartoons inherently being "kid friendly" by default leads to it really standing out.

I do feel like they were maybe trying to set some baselines for where they'd go upfront (several interviews, backer updates, etc, include commentary about it *not* being a kids show, potential networks other than Amazon not getting that, etc). Better to have people who dislike it (or don't want their kids exposed) to bounce off early rather than feel betrayed (and angrier?) when things get dark, messy, or rude partway through?

Kind of reminds me of the Harley Quinn cartoon. It was excessive and over-the-top for the first episode or two before getting on with the business of being a very good (and only sometimes gorey) adult-oriented cartoon.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The wave of expressions as they realized about the Lord of the Quad Roads was incredible.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I suppose we're all here for different reasons. I personally love the urban antics and crazy combat situations that the campaign has been thus far.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

They don't seem to have a YouTube stream going today.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I hope they realize that going loud will be to their benefit for once. They have a perfectly reasonable cover story: four dinner guests heard a scream, watched two guards investigate, heard gargling noises, and checked the room to see that another guest has become a murderous monster. Just run, make a big stink, and see what the mercenaries and detectives do next.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

TotalHell posted:

Holy poo poo the Brennan Lee Mulligan crossover has begun.

The crossover began ages ago with the Escape from the Bloodkeep campaign on Dimension 20. What's happening now is that it's finally come full circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm guessing the travelers who got the long description are going to turn out to be the B team.