Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

gonna need a Brian Jacques-esque description of this feast
maybe they could have maintained cordial relations in that case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AcidCat posted:

Yep, that long hair on your ear just sprouted up since this morning. Since you "don't look to closely at yourself" you are lucky to have a partner who will take care of your nasty inappropriate hairs, sit still for ten seconds and let her get rid of it you buffoon.

bro it's a single hair on the guy's ear, chill

I swear some people are just furious that human beings are mammals.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 27, 2024

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
OTOH

quote:

My bio-mother is basically Darlene Cates from What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and they didn't get much smaller from there.
I also won't pretend that I wasn't put off by them at first. In my defense, I wasn't expecting them to be so heavy

It seems like OP may have made it extremely clear to bio-family that they didn't appreciate having obese relatives. Like it would be weird of the family to be upset by how much OP ate or didn't eat, but for OP to show up and be like "who the gently caress are you people, I'm looking for my svelte bio fam" is pretty rude. It's obvious that OP is fatphobic and trying to downplay it.

It's giving Randy Moore

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 27, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
As someone whose ears have been sprouting hair randomly, they blend in with the hair on my head until they get to a certain point

But apparently being Italian and mildly shaggy is nasty inappropriate and not just my style slash a symptom of depression

Rude

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I admit, I have an irrational hatred of stray hairs.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am mailing a box of my hair to you, acidcat

I will have regrown the hair by the time it arrives in your hands

I have so much hair to give

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

AcidCat posted:

I have like four chest hairs and three back hairs and buddy you'd better believe those fuckers get plucked on sight

mystes
May 31, 2006

AcidCat posted:

Well then give them a home so they aren't stray

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
How do you even survive the cold months without some bodyhair?

TBLALV
Aug 5, 2022
More easily than surviving the hot months with body hair

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CoffeeBoofer posted:

Would I be the ah if I texted my husband’s best friend (female) to see her reaction?

I think it's been established she is the ah if he is innocent and she is in the clear if he's guilty

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

CoffeeBoofer posted:

Would I be the ah if I texted my husband’s best friend (female) to see her reaction?

just accidentally snooping through the entire list of my husbands messages during the honeymoon

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Quackles posted:

Instead of Pandemic, I will now say Panic! at the Disco.

Content:

AITA for telling my friend she shouldn’t feel threatened by her stepdaughter?

Emphasis added.

Lmao holy poo poo the work friend who turned into your proto-mom has hosed up boundary issues?? WhoOaOAaoaoooh dude!!!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

FMguru posted:

Yet another hilarious TikTok breakup "prank" story:

AITAH for breaking up over a prank

Pete approves (although he would say you probably should have broken up after the first time she "tested" you).

"I'm upset at you for throwing away a 3 year relationship over a silly joke."

gently caress off! I'd be more upset that you were ending a 3 year relationship because some strangers on the internet did it 'as a silly joke'

Also Its not the first time she has "tested" him? Surely with these kinds of "tests" that once you pass the first one, you are good. Coz if you have the need to keep "testing" then surely the trust/intimacy in the relationship is gone/was never there.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Bit of a long one but kinda :chefkiss:

I (30F) cheated on my husband (27M) he's taking it well but I feel he resents me

quote:

I (30F) cheated on my husband (27M) he's taking it well but I feel he resents me I know I did something awful and disgusting, and when I couldn't take the guilt anymore I cut off my affair partner and confessed everything to my husband.

He got more upset and depressed than angry, and I begged for him to not divorce me. I proposed counseling, therapy, even allowing him to have sex with other women, but he wasn't interested. He said he wanted to try to work us out and I jumped in being the best wife a man can ask for.

I cook his favorite dishes, leave him loving notes, and bought new lingerie to entice him. His reactions are lukewarm at best. He smiles and thanks me, but not once he has said he loves me since I have confessed. He barely initiates anything and I basically have to push myself on him, not that he complains.

Sometimes we talk about this, but I think I still lost the man I love. His behavior with me feels very artificial and nothing changes his facade: I can be playful, I can be sad, I can get angry and I can get seductive, his reaction is always this stupid smile and polite words.

He was so emotional and sincere before all of this happened. I want him to let out his true emotions with me, even if he hates me. I still love him so much. What can I do to fix this?

TL;dr I cheated on my husband. He didn't get angry and is always kind with me, but I feel he's become indifferent to me.

I (30F) cheated on my husband (27M), and now I suspect he's seeing another woman

quote:

He knows I cheated. We didn't separate and I begged him to not divorce and let me fix this. He agreed but his behavior since my confession has basically been one of indifference. Like I wrote on my last post, I do my best to be the best wife he could ask for: I cook his favorite foods, get him gifts, screw his brains out every night.

He just smiles and thanks me. He acts kind and never yells at me, but I feel his icy indifference under that mask of courtesy. Two weeks ago he started coming home late. Very late. And when he does he just goes to bed. I asked him what's going on, and he told me in the kindest way possible that it's not my business.

I call him when he stays out and he picked up only once. I heard a woman laughing in the background. I am starting to think he is cheating back on me. It loving hurts. If he told me at least I would do my best to stomach it, I deserve this after all. But he won't tell me, he just shuts me out. A common friend told me she spotted him in a car with a woman she didn't recognize and this felt like a stab in the heart.

She said she couldn't describe her exactly because she wore big sunglasses, but she recognized my husband because of his particular taste in neckties. They were talking, but my friend said that from their position it looked like they were holding their hands or one of them was touching the other's lap.

I don't know what to do. If he is having an affair I deserve it, but I need to know. The uncertainty is killing me. Should I confront him? Should I try to find out more?

I don't know how much more I can take of this. I wish he would at least communicate with me.

Update - 2 days later

quote:

He left me and he was cheating on me. I did like you guys said and begged him to talk to me. He didn't want to but I cried and yelled so much I puked all over.

He got softer with me, he helped me clean up and we talked. I asked him if he was cheating on me and he said he was talking with someone, but didn't do anything with her. I asked if she was the woman my friend saw him with, he thought on it a little but said no, it was another woman whom he met a month ago in his office.

I asked him how could he and said I gave him permission, and he didn't do anything besides unloading his problems and our situation with her. But he played it like he was having a full affair so I could feel what he felt, especially because according to him I neglected him and made it obvious I was cheating on him. He said he was suffering and I was almost rubbing it in his face, I told him I wasn't doing it on purpose and he said this was even worse because I didn't care at all.

He said that everything I did after confessing meant nothing and just made him think I am selfish, self-centered and lack any sort of self-respect. I asked him if we could work on myself and our marriage, but he said we can have counseling to sort ourselves out, but the marriage is over.

He said he wishes no ill on me, and decided to cut his charade because he could no longer bear to the woman he once loved suffer like that. But he said I am no longer that woman. I started sobbing again and he held me, but he kept saying no when I asked him we work this out.

I asked him what he was going to do and he's moving out, he already found a new place. I asked him if he was going to live with that woman and he said he, but she was close enough. I asked him how he could pick a total stranger he met a month ago over his wife of five years. He said his wife of five years no longer exists, he has to pick between two strangers, and that woman made a much better impression on him. I told him he was a fool and he could not know this woman will probably use and dump him, he got harsh and said she's better than me for sure.

He said he won't say to our families our marriage ended because I cheated, but because we grew apart and that he will leave the house to me as long as I make the divorce smooth. But if I try to take him to the cleaners, drag it out, or cause any problem he will tell everyone what I did and "destroy" me and my reputation.

This happened yesterday and he has already packed up almost everything. I can't stop crying and I can't believe this is happening. This is horrible and unfair.

You know what? Just pretend that 3rd post is bolded in it's entirety.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

oh jay posted:

On the other hand, saying "The 'rona" is really fun.

When I hear "the rona", it puts me in mind of a Vanilla Ice album track where he sings "What it's like, Having a Roni"

Yes, they are different words that sound different. But my brain will make the associations it wants to thank you very much.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

idiotsavant posted:

Lmao holy poo poo the work friend who turned into your proto-mom has hosed up boundary issues?? WhoOaOAaoaoooh dude!!!

TRAUMA POLICE
ARREST THIS GIRL

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BrigadierSensible posted:

When I hear "the rona", it puts me in mind of a Vanilla Ice album track where he sings "What it's like, Having a Roni"

Yes, they are different words that sound different. But my brain will make the associations it wants to thank you very much.

Was he singing about the San Francisco treat?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is it weird that I'd love to hear a hip-hop cover of that jingle?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of that is apparently because people with brainworms search for any post containing those terms and spew conspiracy bullshit in the comments regardless of anything.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

Is it weird that I'd love to hear a hip-hop cover of that jingle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CU7CUQGO6A

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hughlander posted:

Bit of a long one but kinda :chefkiss:

I (30F) cheated on my husband (27M) he's taking it well but I feel he resents me

I (30F) cheated on my husband (27M), and now I suspect he's seeing another woman

Update - 2 days later

You know what? Just pretend that 3rd post is bolded in it's entirety.

Cheating Wife posted:

You guys are right saying that I suck. But he has fault too, he never really wanted to fix this. He used me for months and then discarded me.

And yet I want him back and forgive and forget all the hurt we done to each other. As for his girl, I don't think she will be good for him.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

A roni is a virgin, at least in the context of the song.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for walking out of my sister's wedding because she did not want my children to be present there?

quote:

My older sister, Sarah, is very much child-free and hates children. I have no problem with this since it's her life, but I like my kids. I have two: Aiden and Rachel. They are twins.

The gist is, she came to our house to invite us for her wedding and essentially said "I want all of you to be present there, and you can invite whoever you want. But don't bring any kids as it's child-free." Both my wife and I agreed to this, and we did not have anyone else to invite anyway.

Everything went well until one of Sarah's friends began to talk to Aiden, and asked him about how things are going for him, etc. During the conversation they learned that he's 17, and Sarah was shocked. As they're twins, she knew that Rachel is 17 as well.

She got mad at me and accused me of betraying her by bringing a 17 year old. I said that she invited everyone, but she responded with "I did, but that's because I thought they were of age. I'd forgotten, but you knew that I am child-free". We got into a huge argument and in the end I stormed off.

She's mad at me for "ruining" her wedding and has been calling me names now, and so is her husband,

AITA?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

mystes posted:

Doing this is completely deranged and the OP is fully justified in breaking up with her girlfriend over it, it's awful that it's a trend on tiktok, and anyone who does it with the intent of posting it on tiktok in particular should be shot into the sun, but I do kind of wonder if some of these people have some sort of underlying mental illness and tiktok videos are playing on their fears and making them feel like they have to test their partner to make sure they really love them

Everyone who is stupid enough to think it's a good idea, deserves to have their relationships exploded by it.

"Yes yes I hurt him badly, can we please focus on how I'm the hurt one now, that's the important thing"

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 28, 2024

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Edit: misread

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"Yes yes I hurt him badly, can we please focus on how I'm the hurt one now, that's the important thing"

I can't believe he would be so cruel as to tell me that my actions killed his interest in continuing the relationship. But I'm willing to forgive and forget

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Hughlander posted:

I can't stop crying and I can't believe this is happening. This is horrible and unfair.
Horrible and unfair!

LMAO.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I can get enforcing a hard stop age on the child free wedding stuff, just to stop people from being annoying about wavering on the line. But, come the hell on. It isn't like at 18 you suddenly turn into a perfect, full-formed member of society. You were even enjoying the time spent with them before you knew the truth!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It sounds like Sarah's friend was mad because she had just spent time hitting on a 17 year old

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I guess it is different if OPs friend is on the registry and legally can't be around children

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Desert Bus posted:

YOU GET TO MEET A MICKEY

Can this please be the thread title? It's too unhinged to not be.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

The Bee posted:

I can get enforcing a hard stop age on the child free wedding stuff, just to stop people from being annoying about wavering on the line. But, come the hell on. It isn't like at 18 you suddenly turn into a perfect, full-formed member of society. You were even enjoying the time spent with them before you knew the truth!

Wonder if anyone can find that post from like January of the woman not going to her sisters wedding because it was child free, 17 years 11 months and 21 days was too young, 18 years, 0 months 15 days was perfectly ok.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The Bee posted:

Exactly. They were fine and dandy with the twins being there. Interacting with people and having a jolly old wedding time.

But they find out the ages of their nieces is one year earlier than they thought? The whole day is ruined. Better get my husband to ring up and call her names.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hughlander posted:

Wonder if anyone can find that post from like January of the woman not going to her sisters wedding because it was child free, 17 years 11 months and 21 days was too young, 18 years, 0 months 15 days was perfectly ok.
I think that one was just wanting to exclude the specific kid so even if it was lovely it was still more logical than this where the person basically explicitly invited the 17 year olds and then freaked out during her own wedding when, after they had already been there for a while, she heard their age (if I'm understanding it right).

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Ultra Carp

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It sounds like Sarah's friend was mad because she had just spent time hitting on a 17 year old

Mx. posted:

I guess it is different if OPs friend is on the registry and legally can't be around children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuDjN6KsLdo&t=4s

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

ad090 posted:

Update: AITAH for telling my mom she is dead to me if she mentors my bully?

The solution is obviously for OP to get adopted by the guidance counselor.

Mx. posted:

AITA for refusing to use the take-me-home outfit my father's girlfriend bought for my daughter?

I think it's great that people keep inventing very special memory moments that conveniently involve consumerism
I've posted before about my annoyance at people trying to preserve every aspect of their children's childhoods. But I'm also really annoyed that so many moments to remember from childhood are prescribed. You have to have a specific outfit to take your child home in! You have to go the Disney! You have to take photos on the first day of school! There's so little emphasis on things like just sitting and reading to your child. Probably because you can't take photos of it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

trickybiscuits posted:

Probably because you can't take photos of it.

That would be super livestream-able.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for demanding back our apartment keys, even though my BFs parents didn't overstep boundaries (again)?

quote:

Last year I (24f) moved in together with my boyfriend "Alex" (27m). I moved to his city because it was more convenient with work for the both of us. His parents live a few minutes away from us. They and I don't really get along. They blame it on "cultural differences", but in short: his mum is overbearing and doesn't care about boundaries and his dad is a tyrant. My boyfriend does stand up for me, and doesn't pressure me to spend more time with them than politely necessary.

When we moved in, he said he will give two spare keys to his parents, in case we forget ours. I was really uncomfortable with that, but he promised, that even though they are as they are, they would never just enter our apartment, so I agreed.

Not even 2 months later, I'm woken at 5am because I hear someone enter our flat. I'm terrified and wake Alex, who only seems annoyed when he gets out of bed. I hear screaming, and suddenly, the door to our bedroom swings open and his dad starts yelling at me that he called one of Alex's coworkers, who said Alex is sick, and "as a good woman" it's my "responsibility to make him go anyways". I was in shock, covering my bare chest, when Alex finally managed to drag him out the flat.

Scared, disrespected and violated did not even begin to describe what I was feeling, and Alex promised that the first thing he will do the next day, is make sure his dad doesn't have access to our flat anymore.

It has been a few months without incidents, but yesterday I found out that even though Alex took his dad's key, he still left one with his mum. I was really upset, because he promised to take care his dad would not have access to a key anymore, and that I want that second key back today, but Alex was not understanding. He said it's just inconvenient for us to Break open the door if we ever forgot the key, and that I should not be so dramatic, since nothing happened the last few months.

I told him I don't know that, since someone could have been at the flat when we are not there, and besides that, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, they severely overstepped, and taking the key seems like a natural consequence. He then asked why I'm punishing his mum, and I countered by asking how it's punishing his mum if the key is not hers to begin with. He said that this will create a lot of drama with his family, and that I'm an AH for demanding he put up with that when there is no reason. I feel like this one incident is reason enough, not to mention that he broke my trust by letting me believe he took both keys. But what do you think? AITA in this situation?

i would like to know more about the OP's relationship. oh here's a comment she left on a post called "I (23M) use drugs and my girlfriend (25F) wants me to stop. What should I do? "

quote:

Had a similar conversation with my boyfriend. He used the same logic as you and said "I just do it for fun, not because I have to! I could quit if I wanted, I just don't want to!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i found that an effective middle ground for giving keys to your in laws is you give them the keys to the door but not to disable the sen's fortress style traps littering the mazelike halls

you can barge into the room while i'm trying to sleep if you want but you gotta earn it