Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Beachcomber posted:

Dogcape/Dogcloak barbarian

I [16F] feel like my "cousin" [16-17M] is ruining my life, how can I make my Mom understand?

This always amused me because this girl knows a real life Disney character (dead parent, animal companion, etc) and just whines about it. She came up with this picture in her head of a nerd like her and ended up with the Aussie countryside version of a nerd.

She could've done great with her cousin, Conan the Destroyer, but she just had to be a whiny little poo poo about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

You read the first paragraph of that and know exactly how it's going to go.

Yeah your girlfriend should totally not make your parents death anniversary about herself.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Stocking a pantry with cans and other long life products as insurance against natural or other disasters, or economic hardship, seems like a smart thing to do in a country like the US.

Also stores sell appliances which are definitely not a dollar.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I knew someone who's friend didn't know they were pregnant until they gave birth, had a period the whole time, had an ultrasound because they were putting on weight that didn't spot the baby, and they are a midwife as well. They've got two uteruses because nature decided they needed spare parts in there. But massively professionally embarassing.

It happens.

But good for this guy for ditching the childfree psycho.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

ad090 posted:

WIBTA: Hired with a fired coworker

Not sure this person knows what a friend is. Should I try and get my single mom co-worker fired by telling everyone she's a thief, which I actually don't know for certain, and don't know if she was deliberately left like a $2 gift card by a customer who didn't want to carry it around after spending most of the balance or whatever? Should I do my best to ruin this person's life because I'm bored?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah, it's literally the economy being set up to squeeze as much out of everyone who isn't rich, through high rents, high house prices, low wages etc.

You live with your parents till you're 35 or you'll never afford a house, or you just have to have a multi-generational household and be poor your whole life in places like America where everything is trying to gouge you for as much as possible.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Literally chomping down on the hand that feeds, gnawing it down to the bone.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

In the comments he's doubling down and saying how his daughter won't walk to him when she's with her mother and how she testified against him at the custody hearing.

None of it surprising. He's full on narcassistic rage and everyone is pointing it out to him.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Raising one of your siblings children as your own used to be fairly normal in Anglo Saxon times, when birth control didn't exist and people were making GBS threads out kids left and right. Hence Sweostor Nifts being a special relationship and turning up a lot in things like Arthurian literature.

But people are psycho as poo poo on AITA, so people doing open family adoption with sensible arrangements and boundaries are not going to turn up there.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

It's where he says he feels like his daughter will sever all contact with him as soon as she is able.

Yeah genius, wonder why that would be.

Also that he did exactly the same thing with her dance recital the previous year.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

Yeah man, "all over a paternity test", it was clearly just that and not all of the things she very clearly said.

I can't see this update, please link so we can bathe in the obliviousness.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

She's asking how much debt they're in and he's telling her it's an amount that people would kill her children for.

So she's going to be concerned.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my brother and SIL “you got your big day now you have deal with the consequences”

oooof

Yeah, airlines don't let you fly 9 months pregnant and ready to pop. Also getting incredibly salty about people almost 100 years old not travelling, people with fairly late stage breast cancer not travelling, and people who can't afford a two week holiday that they didn't choose the venue for and which revolves around people who seem to be at best very hard work shows a lack of self awareness only rivalled by trying to make the 'mom will be dead in six months' family dinner all about their stupid wedding.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

haveblue posted:

What kind of wedding requires guests to commit to traveling for TWO WEEKS?

The kind the bride wants as she had 27 guests turn up and the groom had 2.

And has permanently damaged his family relationships over it.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

pentyne posted:

lol "I love you but looking at you is painful therefore I left you 100% unsupported and struggling after 12 years of being in your life"

there's like a 50% chance this starts one of those derails about making paternity tests mandatory at birth

I think there's some missing reasons there given he moved to a different state and changed his name, she mentions she's still single, and she doesn't do any intermediate steps between finding his new identity and turning up on his doorstep. Looks like the cheating mom had a fantasy of putting the family back together as things didn't work out with the bio father, who the daughter sees but is a bit of a dead beat.

I think it's a bit different with a situation where people are actively supporting someone leaving you and then you stalk and ambush them in their own home six years later.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

He got disability from the military but he's got some scarring from whatever imperial war chewed him up, so she didn't sleep with him for seven years after his discharge when he was raising her daughter.

The OPs comments make it a bit worse. Basically the daughter has mental health issues and no one trusts the mother because she's a Kardashian style train wreck without the money. And they ran the ambush idea past a therapist who told her it could potentially have a very negative outcome.

It's either someone who's just wrecked the lives of everyone around them or a creative writing piece from someone ticking things off a list. Cheating on someone deployed, paternity fraud, being delusional and entitled, a home invasion, racism, etc.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Sounds like the daughter and Matt would have been better off in this hypothetical land! Though it is strange to me if he had suspicions he would have waited so long, why 12 years?

Since he got out on disability discharge and is 'disfigured' according to OP, it's possible he had a bunch of mental health issues, possibly related to the OP since he had help in leaving from his ex-NCO and there was then family interventions, then he got a new identity.

If there was a chance for the non-dad to be in the girls life OP here has destroyed it by going straight to a confrontation at his home in front of his family for OP to scream at him for leaving.

It's either a well written troll or just very bleak, but I know someone very similar to the OP and everyone just works around her to make sure her daughter is fine.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

some of these...like, she knows she's not the rear end in a top hat for having her stuff stolen. she just wants...what exactly? do you get stuff for having "the best" story?

I imagine to back her up given potentially a lifetime of her sister being whiny and spoilt. She doesn't have a niece problem, she has a sister problem.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Yet another of the thousands of divorces caused by the children.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

PetraCore posted:

It sounds like it was a good idea to send her kids to live with their father because she couldn't care for them. She couldn't! And repressing her grief was loving her up and I doubt she was actually even hiding it as well as she tried to! Parents are people too and sometimes intense grief can render a person unable to provide support for others for a time. Everything after that point sounds like a lot of compounding bad decisions that are now enshrined in her mind as Tradition, and I wonder what the gently caress sort of grief counselor she has that she hasn't been guided away from this self-destructive rut.

Checking out of your surviving kids from ages 4-11 and 13-18 is a hell of a thing to do to them.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I think the boat thing is about what he isn't saying.

You know, the implication.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

The Bramble posted:

My [27M] wife [27F], a PhD biologist, is unvaccinated and hospitalized with COVID-19. Now she won't talk to me about anything besides ivermectin.

Yeah, might be time to dust off the old dating profiles for this guy here. Whichever way it goes.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

"There are about 80 different hospitals she might be in. She won't even tell me where she is"

If he's frantic I don't understand why he wouldn't spend a few hours calling every local hospital. It's real unlikely there are more than a dozen within ground ambulance range. Then he could talk to her nurse and find out how she's doing.

He's concerned but not that concerned.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

why do these people marry folks that are scared of gays

A lot of people keep it under wraps, or later get broke brains.

Also normal people don't ask each other questions like 'So what do you think about the Holocaust?' during dates, so when someone turns round with 'Hitler was right about the jews, he just took it a little too far' it's too late if you've made a committment like marriage or a kid.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Grooming can look like an adult in your life actively trying to make it better and make up for your poor treatment in the past, it's why it's so insidious.

If everything is above board it's great this kid has an adult in her life in a semi parental role who isn't an rear end in a top hat.

If not uncle/niece incest may be illegal in the US in some parts, but I'm sure Americans will come out with the list of where it is/isn't legal and attack/defend their proud traditions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

teen witch posted:

oh you really got us good. what a ZINGER!

E: know what? I’m on my period and my diva cup runneth over. tell me where you’re from, and how it justifies what you said.

You have an hour

I'm from the UK so that's no excuse because we've got a royal family still and some of them are inbred enough their parents are the same person, just teasing some yanks because of your reputation for cousin marriage.

Reading it over it wasn't received that way, and I apologise.