Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Funktastic posted:

after an employee died, her team has driven off anyone we hire to replace her

Jane was one of my reports (I manage her manager).

I don’t even know where to start. I am way out of my depth with this.

You are a senior manager you loving goober, literally employed so the C level jackoffs don't have to deal with poo poo like this. Get in the pool and start fuckin splashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

teen witch posted:

Ok but Moam

is this loss?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

AITA For making a bad joke?

quote:

I work in a truck repair shop and we make pretty hosed up jokes often. I (black person) saw this guy I work with (white person) who also makes dark jokes at a table with another guy (also white) and saw an opportunity.

In the show from the mid 2000s, The Boondocks, Grandad wanted to appeal to an investor of his business by offering him a plate of cheese after learning while people on the show love cheese.

I sat down next to them and said “ah a group of fellow Caucasians. Have you tried any cheese lately?” He kind of snickers but you can tell that he thought it crossed a line.

Every white person I’ve told about that joke found it funny. Did I cross a line? In retrospect if you flip the roles it could be perceived as kind of racist.

If this isn't a race-swapped post where some chud got in poo poo for asking a table of black dudes if they want some fried chicken and watermelon I'll eat my dick and balls

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

The Bee posted:

Was there ever an update to Timothy?

I sort of remember one where they tried to gift her her own mouse and she had a meltdown, could have been a different story though all these fuckin things blend in to one after a while

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

kntfkr posted:

kinda sick gently caress has never had lobster by their mid 30s

I'm 42 and have never eaten lobster. No idea why, I love seafood, just never had it.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Not in any way defending coffee hand biter, but caffeine withdrawal isn't a fun time, it makes you nasty and snappy and a lot of people don't realise why.

It's the reason survival shows go to poo poo within the first few days, people just can't cope with it.

That being said, lol, just get some caffeine tablets and suck it up.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

deety posted:

Is it ridiculous for me (19f) to break up with my bf (27m) over a stressful Halloween party?

He accused me of not having the maturity to put proper work into an adult relationship.

"You're just too immature", I scream at my literal teenaged girlfriend

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm curious what this means since it wasn't phrased as "she's a model".

places like modelling agencies tend to also employ very attractive people even for admin roles because god forbid anyone in those circles be forced to look at at fat person

Edit: lovely snipe, have some more "weddings should be banned" content

quote:

AITAH for refusing to remove a piece of jewelry at the request of my friend on her wedding day?

My (31f) friend (30f), we’ll call Mary, got married last week and I was in her bridal party. For context, we are friends from high school and all of her other bridesmaids were her friends from college who I hadn’t met until her Bachelorette party several months ago. I also wasn’t familiar with anyone at this wedding outside of Mary’s immediate family.

I was supposed to attend the wedding with my own fiancé but he contracted Covid 5 days before we were supposed to leave and made the choice to stay home for everyone’s safety (I tested negative and we don’t live together). Our 5th anniversary of our first date was 2 months ago and he got me a beautiful opal necklace on a gold chain specifically to wear to the wedding because it complimented my bridesmaid dress. I asked Mary in our bridal party group chat if she was alright with us wearing our own jewelry to the wedding, she said no problem.

Day of the wedding comes, all of us bridesmaids and Mary meet early in the morning for pictures outside the chapel. Mary sees my necklace and loves it, and actually asked if she could switch her necklace with mine. Some other bridesmaids chime in and say that it would be her “something borrowed”. I tried as politely as I could to tell her that my fiancé got this for me to wear to the wedding and especially since he can’t be here, I’d like to keep it on. Mary and the other bridesmaids were persistent, saying it was her wedding and her pictures and I wasn’t being accommodating, but I firmly told them no. Mary then said if I could at least take it off since it looked nicer than her own jewelry. Again, I told her I’d rather not, I’d like to share the wedding photos of myself in the necklace with my fiancé. She was not happy, neither of the bridesmaids were either. I received a lot of cold shoulders and dirty looks at the ceremony and reception. I felt awful. After the first dance, Mary’s sister came up to me to tell just how upset Mary was and rude it was that I upset her so on her big day.

Am I an rear end in a top hat? It’s been more than a week and I’m still thinking about it nonstop and Mary hasn’t answered any of my texts.

OP posted a picture of this exquisite piece of fine jewellery....

AceClown fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 10, 2021

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

this will never not be evergreen

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Xun posted:

I have met a lot of people who literally didnt know the Roma are not a fantasy Disney cartoon creation and that g*psy is a racial slur. It's uh. Pretty odd. Some of them got real weird about it when I pointed it out too like "everyone knows they're a fantasy staple! How could you say I'm being racist?"

Gypsy isn't a slur in the UK, the preferred way of referring to people from these groups is "GRT" which stands for Gypsy, Romani or Traveller.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I remember a throwaway chapter in on of the Belgariad books where they have to take shelter in this house and it's a family of total narcissist horrible people. Anyway, when they leave Garion is all like "holy poo poo they are terrible people, we should do something" and Beldin I think is all like "if you can think of a better punishment than letting these vile people live out the rest of their lives, never finding happiness, in each others company then by all means share it" and Garion is all like "daaaamn that's fuckin cold, but also fair"

anyway, it's been 20 years since I read those books and this thread makes me think of that chapter often, thanks for coming to my TED talk.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

Note that she's mostly concerned about the value. She was always planning on turning her request into a demand for $1200, however OP responded.

now you have me wondering if there wasn't something medically wrong with the dog and she wanted OP to take it in and have it die on him so she could demand the money

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I was very close to forgiving wedding dude until...

quote:

My bother sent me a heartbreaking email afterwards on how he felt so rejected that we weren’t at his wedding nor apologised afterwards

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

value-brand cereal posted:

What do I do? I learned I am not my father's daughter. Posted byu/paniced
3 days ago

quote:

"You can officially have sex with him"

uhm... wow... thanks u/WafflerWaffles ... that's what i really needed to hear...

oh reddit, never change

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

therattle posted:

When they dated as kids they were 13 and 15 but are now 19 and 23?

Edit: ignore me, I'm dumb

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Beachcomber posted:

I hope reddit is giving this lady what for.

Locked and deleted after a few double downs in the comments

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

value-brand cereal posted:

I (21F) moved in with older male colleague, dad is acting jealous and it’s extremely creepy.

What in the actual gently caress

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Limb Loss Lump Sum

mods plz

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

its_my_birthday posted:

yall live in castles or something? housework takes like 90 minutes max if you keep up on it every day. and what the hell kind of babies never sleep. you sleep when they sleep. i got so much sleep on the couch throughout the day while my daughter was in her tree frog pose on me snoozing away

I'm in the UK where 2 bed 1 bath is the norm and when I see american houses with like 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms I cannot imagine trying to clean all that on the regular

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

a memorial table at a wedding is some psycho poo poo

It's not unheard of at weddings I've been to to have a small table with a few photos/trinkets of people who have died who would have been at the wedding had they lived, but yeah she's not talking about that, she's talking about a loving shrine.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I thought an irish goodbye was when you say you're leaving then spend hours dragging it out by chatting poo poo with everyone you're saying goodbye to

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

a podcast for cats posted:

This sounds a bit like a setup for a weird comedy movie or sitcom episode, but I really wonder what the older sister's endgame here is.

younger sister cheats on dirtbag boyfriend with OP's husband, ends up so wracked with guilt she ends the relationship with the dirtbag and absolutely no drama ever comes from it again, no sir.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

Hey, remember that total nutjob who put pepper on his dick and talked about hypnosis in childbirth?

He uh... he said more things in the replies. Warning: A LOT OF WORDS THAT ARE VERY CRAZY

as someone who medically cannot have children I want to slap this kid so fuckin hard

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I don't know what Boho Scandi is supposed to look like, but Ikea furniture is both minimalist and scandinavian by like definition

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Technocrat posted:

And the update that would let you quick-charge the battery by putting the phone in the microwave, too!

my favourite one is people who fell for the trick that said if you put your phone in the microwave the turn plate would simulate walking speed and hatch out your pokemon GO eggs

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Xachariah posted:

Do some people just have a complete inability to speculate on potential consequences of their actions? I feel like someone needs to sit down with these people and kindly explain possible consequences of their actions as if speaking to a slow child.

"Now what happens if they find the cameras? Don't you think they might be angry? Perhaps they will prosecute you for this and get a restraining order? Couldn't this potentially jeopardise your custody arrangements?"

"Don't you think your daughter will care more about the dog than legal technicalities? It seems like it will greatly harm your relationship with her and she will hold it against you?"

Th narcissists prayer my goon

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for caring about my son's safety?

Boomers: "these kids are lazy, when I was their age I'd be out dawn till dusk"
Also Boomers: "I have a rule set that none of my children can walk outside the house by themselves until they are 17 years old."

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Thinking women wearing a certain type of clothing look sexy isn't really... a fetish, insofar as I would use the term, but ok

oh he's on the train to an inflation fetish and it's juuust started rolling out the station

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

I had to google this -- where are Lightly Salted Doritos sold?

UK has em

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

When I started reading the predecessor to this compilation thread I used to think the stupidity resided only in the questions people posed to the reddit community. Through reading comments there I've learned the true stupidity is in believing it's a community whose opinion is worth listening to.

I will never not love the super rare ones that end up being "edit: oh poo poo reddit is agreeing with me, I must have really hosed up, laters"

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

therobit posted:

From r/legaladvice

Loud conspiracy theorists wrecking my friend's cafe business

lmao why is telling the loud old conspiracy theorists to just gently caress off not an option?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for texting from my GF's phone?

r/relationships: Thanks a lot reddit.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Kung Food posted:

I'm guessing lifelong virginity, because some dads will never be able to handle that their precious, pure daughters have had sex.

thanks, now I'm reminded again of that horrific "having daughters is the ultimate cuckoldry" hot take that is somehow seared in to my brain

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

therobit posted:

AITA for being openly hostile towards my sister and telling on her thus potentially making her husband loose custody of his children?

Step Aunt saves the day.

tell me there's an age gap without telling me there's an age gap

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

r/relationships: there is piss mist all over the room

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

quote:

I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed right now and just making a quick comment because all of you are being so nice. Sat my bf down after dragging him off his game and grilled him about what was happening but he said I was being crazy when I started all this and to just let us write a text to his parents apologizing. I said no and that we would go over to apologize but he started freaking out which was the final straw. He's doing everything to get me to stay home but I'm going over and sorting this out since I tried calling anyway but the number's out of order?

Some more responses before I leave I'm so sorry I can't answer everyone:

My parents are from the Caribbean and he's very American but he and his family have never been racist or anything before.

They are actually much more well off than me and my gifts are never expensive since I pay for them on my own which is why I'm now very suspicious of them behaving this way.

The reason only the dad texted me is because his parents aren't super tech-savvy and share a simple phone he picked out for them.

I know there's a bit of an age gap but I pursued the relationship myself because he asked me out casually at work as a frequent customer and I accepted.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for yelling at my bf for taking a nap with his roommate?

I think you missed an "ex" off the story title there OP lmao

Invisible Clergy posted:

Did someone say "boundaries?"

AITA for not wanting to call my daughter by her nickname

r/relationships: I will not go into detail.

AceClown fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 4, 2022

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Age gap girl finds out what happens to a lot of men when they hit 40+

AITA for getting mad at my BF for not caring about his health?

quote:

Since the pandemic my (22F) bf (41M) has gained a lot of weight. He went from being healthy to obese. He's now about 105kg and he's quite tall but still. The past year I've been the only one trying to help him get healthy. Try to make him healthy meals and encourage him to exercise. I've been brutally honest when he's slacking because he's asked me to do it. His family on the other hand give him unhealthy snacks whenever we are there and don't take it seriously. I've taken this super serious as he has heart condition that could worsen significantly by unhealthy habits and be irreparable. Lately he turns his parents unhealthy food down but I had to argue with him about it when he was nearly 120kg and kept accepting slice after slice of cake. To me this is sad since he's in risk right now. We don't live with his parents btw.

Well it's been nearly a year since the Dr told him he needs to be under 100kg for his condition. In his defense he's lost some weight the past months but I feel lately he's given up again. Yesterday I encouraged him to buy a cardio machine and he did so I am proud he took that first step. It was so amazing. However, if I'm honest deep down I feel it's going to be another hurdle to get him to use it and it's starting to infuriate me. It's like I try help him over and over, as he's asked, and he isn't trying himself. For example today he ordered pizza for us. In my opinion if you're not where you want to be health wise, you shouldn't be eating unhealthy stuff. He said he took pizza with vegetables which to me, you're just fooling yourself and just the other day he had 3 pieces of cake. I got irritated as I feel I'm the only one who gives a crap about his health and part of me feels he's being very selfish as we've planned a future together and he's not trying enough. I told him that to me when he was nearly 120kg it was scary and I never want it to get to that point and that if he's in a risk category and doesn't care about what he eats to me it looks like an eating disorder or stress eating. I said I don't think he's trying enough. My bf got very sad and said I took it too far and that I'm right but I took it too far and he went silent. AITA

I would like to stress this topic causes me a lot of sadness and anxiety and I've cried over the possible outcomes of him not getting healthy. I love him so much.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

$200 per month is $50 per week

4 hours per week is $12.50

However if she's getting paid on top about $10 per hour then I guess that's a good way to get a decent paid job for 4 hours lmao

But yeah, any extra hours reduces that exponentially and if she needs gas and other expenses then it gets silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Mx. posted:

AITA for calling my husband unreasonable for only wanting to invite people he knows personally to our son's birthday party?

Disrespecting my authority!!

I'll take that he's having an affair with one of the mums at school on this one