Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I'm going to get Thomas and Kavenaugh really into base jumping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Can't wait to see the trans genocide get going full swing, but Biden protected trans people from Juul pods so who's to say whether he's good or bad?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I just remembered that a couple cops died on Jan 6th.

Let the Chuds have America they have a higher kill count on cops than leftists.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Republicans: More money for us, gently caress you.

Democrats: More money for cops, gently caress you.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Michelle Obama Elizabeth Warrening being trans is definitely the funniest option for a democratic candidate for 2024.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah its extremely dangerous post dobbs to at minimum not have a law passed rn guaranteeing free commerce between abortion and non abortion states. traveling for a medical service is interstate commerce, allowing states to get crazy here is gonna lead down a bad road

counterpoint: we should be doing everything we can to encourage the breakup of this demon cracker nation and letting the states go ham is the best way to do that.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

how the hell are they still saying ultra MAGA someone please put me out of my misery.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

a primate posted:

NORC is a dumb name for a polling firm

NORC is probably a dumb name for anything

The lesser known third god of the Orks.

Neither Cunnin' nor Brutal.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Ville Valo posted:

i know the universe is loving with me because the funniest possible outcome, pete butt primaries biden and wins, supreme court outlaws gay marriage, is also the most personally devastating to me and my gay marriage

Pete taking office as the 2nd bachelor president would be pretty funny but I don't know if it beats hilldawg losing after screaming "run that poo poo back" for a full year.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Kamala laughing awkwardly as she hurls a molotov into an LGBT community center.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

The worst thing about the Democrats taking congress is that I had to learn what a parliamentarian is.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

just found out that my plans to buy an EV are going to get hosed by the Inflation reduction bill. they tied the credits to the cars being manufactured in America. literally the only thing they got accomplished on the past two years and it’s hosed me over. cannot wait for the democrats to get destroyed.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I think it’s to not exclude bisexual men

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

fart simpson posted:

yeah i don’t live in america

:rubby:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah no one wanted to eat the gross sea-bugs until someone had the brilliant realization that they taste good if you slather them with a metric ton of melted butter (a trait they share in common with everything else.)

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Remember when Republicans were good and honorable and heavily implied that their opponents had mixed race illegitimate children rather than doing it themselves?

visit lincolnproject.us to donate now!

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Personally I'm interested in seeing who the new 2 joe manchins are after the dems expand their hold on the Senate.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

The funniest outcome is the senate parliamentarian becoming the most powerful government official overnight.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

THS2 posted:

i dont think its a stretch to draw a line from what started as an entirely manufactured moral panic over drag queens reading stories at libraries, to accusing schools of “grooming” - for this to increase the likelihood of violence to especially vulnerable queer people, and stoking some of their base to go more deranged on lgbtq stuff. i also doubt republicans would be playing from a different playbook on monkeypox. this isnt enough to support the democrats (for something better to happen, they must die) but it would be silly to deny that republican leadership isn’t uniquely bad in this particular area of social liberalism

The Democrats blamed trans people for Roe getting overturned. If we keep giving them power they'll do the pogroms before Republicans get the chance.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

THS2 posted:

probably a few blamed trans people?? but most of them are cynically using roe as a cudgel to beat the republicans with, when it was the democrats fault that this was never codified (and they surrendered 2 pro-row supreme court slots to deranged catholics without a fight). i dont see “the trans did this” at the top of democratic messaging tbh

im obviously not here to defend the democrats, though, so have whatever reason you want to see them destroyed be what feels best to you

The NYT op-ed page is a peek into the mind of the voter who thinks the Democrats are good. in the immediate aftermath of the decision we saw 3 separate op-eds saying that it happened because we made evangelicals too mad with our weird pronouns.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Private Cumshoe posted:

how do you get from trans people to abortions I missed that one but democrats never fail to be idiots so I believe it

Basically the Catholic psychos got so mad about pronouns and drag queen story hour that they just had to ban abortion as revenge.

It's an insane take but one that absolves the Democratic party of any responsibility.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

I don’t see how Protestantism run amok is our fault but go off king.

Wouldn't want to piss off the catholics, they might gently caress some children in revenge.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Also fun fact every justice that voted to overturn Roe is Catholic.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

And the ones that didn't, am I right?

Sotomayor is the only catholic appointed by a Democrat

Kagan is Jewish and KBJ is protestant.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Amy Coney Barrett is a crypto snake handler and the Pontiff has made major moves this year to rein in the Opus Dei. Given time, the SJ and OP will be able to clear out the forces PJP II empowered in the name of anti-Communism.

oh holy poo poo we found an actual catholic church stan what the hell

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

"Pope Francis is going to purge the Catholic Church of the pedos and psychos" is "hope and change" for people who still feel affinity for the vatican for whatever reason.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

Yep we’re here. Also lol . Gorsuch is a Protestant. At the end of the day you’re going to have to live with us.

How's it feel to pledge yourself to a global pedophile ring?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Guys, Obama is going to hold the bankers who destroyed the economy accountable and end the GWOT! He just needs time to build his political capital! Trust the system!

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Source4Leko posted:

I'm sure they're going after these guys finally wait, what's that?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...abuse/93122018/

Oh lmao nevermind he has his reward in heaven for doing the lords work now.

He got his name taken off some buildings, Pope Francis' work is done.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Until recently, Opus Dei operated under the unique title of “Personal Prelature,” meaning that its entire global structure was its own separate Diocese headed by an appointed bishop. You don’t need to know much about Catholic hierarchy to realize that this ends up placing the OD on a more equal footing compared to any other religious order or diocesan priests and bishops (diocesans are those not affiliated with any order or congregation). Who gave the OD this special category? John Paul II.

Why was the OD given this heightened status? Because it’s a religious order made by and for wealthy and conservative Catholics. The other major Catholic congregation/order tailored to the wealthy are the Legionaries of Christ founded in 1941. They were implicated in child abuse. Who protected the Legionaries? PJP II.

The Opus Dei is a glorified sect cum secret society for the rich, powerful, and sexually repressed that demands strict obedience to itself, worded in just a way that it still reminds them that the actual Catholic Church and the Pope are above it.

It is the Pope who will put an end to it. Pope Francis issued a Motu Propio (Here) back on July 22nd by the name of Ad charisma tuendum, in which he officially demotes the Opus Dei from its privileged stature as an independent Prelature-Diocesis.

The head of the OD will no longer be a bishop, there will be a check on its hierarchical structure and, more importantly, they will now be held accountable, on a yearly basis, reporting to the Dicastery for the Clergy, the overseers of diocesan priests.

I'm sure you're quite excited for everyone to get over the whole pedophile ring thing so that the church can get back to doing god's work persecuting LGBT.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I think people don't like the Catholic Church because they've presided over and covered up innumerable sex crimes against children

No, that was all done by the deep state crypto protestants. We have to trust the plan and be ready to strike when Donald Trump Pope Francis calls for the true Americans Catholics to rise up.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

The Priesthood is going to rape children in 2022

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

everyone knows the real civil war is goi g to happen when 60% of the country suddenly loses access to fresh water and they declare war on the upper Midwest.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

It would be cool if we got rid of the thin veneer of Democracy that still exists in America because all it does is make the most insane people on the internet go into shirt rending hysterics because they feel guilty about what their government is doing, when in reality they have no input to the system.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

I hope Dems win because it will be funny to see the excuses for why the magic number to do anything just increased to 53 senators.

Oops! all Manchins!

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

There's no reason for the train companies to bargain in good faith since they know the Biden administration will make their employees work at gunpoint if it comes to that rather than let the supply train get disrupted.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Seyser Koze posted:

I confess I will probably end up voting for Mandela Barnes in November because gently caress Ron Johnson, but on the other hand if the ads I’m seeing are any indication Barnes is running an absolutely tepid dogshit campaign, so :shrug:

Every ad I see for him is "They told you I want to defund the police and abolish ICE, but I actually love cops"

ready to vote for Johnson just to spite his rear end.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

ever since the rousing success of Obama's Story dem pols have relied on "personal narratives" rather than stances on issues for campaign ads.

they're trying to roe the vote this year but given like half the party's tepidness & inaction on anything abortion-related since they helped pass "fetal protection" laws they're falling back on the gop-style emulating about kissing & funding cops.

Mandela Barnes in Wisconsin is definitely running off the Obama playbook and he's going to get crushed by terminal smoothbrain Ron Johnson.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah I'm not sure what they're trying to get across with the "whether you voted is public record" line but I've seen it in a bunch of those dem "just vote" PAC ads.

If I had to guess I'd think that the next dem strategy is scouring the voting rolls publicly shaming non voters on twitter or something, not getting that the people who don't vote don't give a poo poo about political twitter either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I for one am just glad that Diet Obama ate the poo poo of the biggest idiot CHUD in the nation in Wisconsin