Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

I want both Trump and Biden to lose, which is why I'm voting for neither of them.

A vote for neither of them is a vote for both of them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Can someone tell me what the platform is of the national Democrat Party?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sometimes Democrat partiers commit war crimes while wearing Pride stickers. Pretty cool!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Best Friends posted:

-kill Russians
-keep trying to provoke China
-kill Palestinians
-torment refugees

And if you have a problem with any of this, you have a lot of growing up to do

Tell me about it. I haven't even turned the corpses of my dead wife and dead kid into political props yet!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Oh okay.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this really is incredible work on biden's part

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love the Gen Z perspective!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TheSlutPit posted:

excited to see where conner o'malley takes this new bit of his

This is too absurd and dumb for Connor.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

President Uncommitted! :swoon:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The337th posted:

ping ponging between the two of them is probably the best path to hastening the decline

Trump 2024 - Biden 2028

I will vote for Biden if he runs in 2028. This is the only scenario I will ever for Joe Biden.

Well that's not true, I'd vote for him in 2032 too.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

is there a way they could... both be president?

if they kiss, yes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Leviathan Song posted:

There is the very real phenomenon of polls being useless now. This thread was convinced a republican wave was coming in the midterms that never happened. I remember getting shouted down when I said there was aproximately zero chance that Patty Murray would lose despite her poll numbers showing it neck and neck:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/2022/washington/

57 to 42. Polls couldn't predict a 15 point spread.

That doesn't necessarily mean Biden is going to win or we can unskew the polls somehow. It means they're useless.

I think it's particularly hard in the context of two horrible people running.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

That is the American normal though.

I was asked what has Biden accomplished, and I came up totally blank. Even looking up pro Biden sites couldn't name a compelling example. It's all stuff that was already worked out independent of the White House for years and coincidentally came out during Biden's presidency, like COVID vaccines.

A few large spending bills were passed, but no one is able to list what those bills accomplished. The money did not translate into real world impacts. At most a bunch of legal rule changes were passed under Biden like specifics in housing discrimination, but there's no evidence of an impact. Shits still expensive and everything in American life is deteriorating.

The only things I can lay squarely in the hands of the White House are all massive policy failures, like all these immoral wars Biden is losing.

Making Juneteenth a holiday was good... as far as actual material impacts: lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

the democrat party gets slagged for being oldheads but they've got some real firestarters coming up for the party's future!

these are some terribly ugly children

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

well done sir! the coffers for your ducklos shall never be empty!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

You guys are such unscientific babies to be worried about an overt fascist being up in virtually every poll after conducting four years of attempted fascist policies and an attempted coup. You aren't allowed to be worried until I say so.

wait, is joe biden up in the polls now???

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tuvok sure did let a lot of shenanigans happen on Voyager, despite being head of security though.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/wwrwrecker/status/1765925753290465660?s=20
do they realize there is no legal mandate to do this

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Biden would cruise to reelection if he ordered Seal Team Six to canoe Donald Trump.

yeah i think that'd be pretty funny

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

well done joe

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ClassActionFursuit posted:

To me what's wild is just the open contempt for the people they in theory represent, be it Tik Tok users or people opposed to genocide. You'd have to have a humiliation fetish to support these people. The craziest part to me is that the more marginalized the group, the more open they are about making GBS threads on them and the more fervently that group clings to them.

I think it was this thread that had the story of the Maryland state legislator telling a trans person on Twitter that no, we're not going to vote on a bill that guarantees your human rights because despite having an 80% majority in both houses and the governor's mansion we don't want to be seen actively supporting you. I think about that story often because it tells you everything you need to know about the democrats.

You'd have to have a Hamilton fetish to support these people.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I have two friends about to go on multiple Boeing flights in the next few months. I wish them luck! I hope they light a candle to Saint Mayor Pete prior.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/BostonJerry/status/1769751722358903165?s=20

hmm seems like suicide

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FistEnergy posted:

nope, Boeing wasn't finished questioning his testimony so I'm afraid it's incomplete and therefore invalid. to allow his very specific and well documented testimony to stand would irreparably harm the rights of Boeing, which has personhood and cannot be violated you red scum
It's funny how literally all of law school goes out the window as soon as it's real life, and you can just murder people.

External Organs posted:

2015 is building a time machine to wage war on 2024

Certainly feels this way.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

It's funny that the united states has been a paper tiger this entire time.

whoops we hollowed out everything, including the imperialist death machine!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

is texas blue yet?

yeah sure

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

So why should anyone listen to what the SCOTUS says about anything from now on? One of the biggest states said "make me" and the SCOTUS backed down.

This rule only applies to genocides.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

yay we love genocide now

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/jessesminombre/status/1770819569680076821?t=Omb4yDWM9uf3t0IAcPOzFA&s=19

So true, Decolonize Your Workplace

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The people yearn for Mr. Trump to liberate their bodies and spirits.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i can't even imagine gushing about white house staff

ducklo, my love

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Thoguh posted:

I wonder how many more cycles Minnesota will hold out as the last non coastal stronghold for democrats other than Chicago.

It's the most consistently Democrat party state (if you don't count DC), having resisted the 1984 Reagan sweep. Which made it all the more funny when people in NH during the primary told me they were voting KLOB! *click* because she understood Red State people, when there is literally no state less red.

But yeah, if the current iteration of Dems loses it (and they probably will this year or next election at this rate), it should cause some self-reflection... lmao jk it won't

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SgtMongoose posted:

If it hadn't been for the Libertarians stealing the rightful votes of Donald J. Trump, Minnesota would have gone red in 2016 with the rest of the blue wall.

That's how you know the GOP doesn't believe in defending democracy. They won't fight these perfidious third parties getting on the ballot and ruining the election.

lol I didn't realize that. but also libertarians are so inscrutable that they may randomly vote biden or hilldawg.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

senator supermutant, please kill yourself

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the surprising part is that he didn't stick some of his extra family members on the bridge, first.

I am not sure there are many of these left.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

my favorite thing about people trying to unskew polls is that instead of like, digging into the demographic information and getting the raw data and changing how it was reweighted--you know, what you'd actually do if you wanted to correct an unrepresentive sample--they just pick some new numbers at random that fit the narrative they believe in

"smh i don't need to educate you"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

lmao it's amazing seeing the course of American politics over the past 40 years and walk away with the lesson "the left just didn't compromise enough" from someone who seemingly wanted good things.

Does he think the European systems getting gutted right now is because the left over there just isn't working enough with conservatives to help preserve them?

people got poo poo brains

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

going from microtargeting ad campaigns to picotargeting ad campaigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

This seems like something a Stephen Miller acolyte would do, which is logical since Joe Biden is a Nazi.