Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Noob Saibot posted:

Word on a super intellectual forum (resetera) is that once roe v wade is overturned it will actually be the republicans who get destroyed in 2022.

Losing is winning, giving Republicans a 7-2 court is a poisoned chalice

Just wait and see how awesome the Democratic victory will be when Republicans pass the fetal personhood and death penalty for homosexuals amendments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Ardennes posted:

That is 2.7% of the population.

I don't know how to explain to you that you need to care about other people

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

ex post facho posted:

sneak preview of what will happen to the Dem vote in November 2022 from terf Island

https://twitter.com/broseph_stalin/...ingawful.com%2F
Bullshit

Those are made up place names

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

SgtMongoose posted:

Anyone who thinks Hillary "won" those debates bought and still buys the media narrative that she was just the best ever and should be checked for residual brainworms.

Link's to the stage show reproduction of the debates where they flipped the genders of Trump and Hillary to "prove" he won due to misogamy. Turns out Trump would win even harder as a woman.

Yeah I watched those debates and I don't know how anyone could come off thinking Hillary wrecked Trump. He embarrassed himself a few times because he's a moron (like ranting about how he has the best temperament while the audience laughed at him), but Clinton's performance was absolutely horrible so it was more like a draw at best.

Trump: *correctly explains why NAFTA was a bad deal for millions of American workers*
Clinton: "well that's your opinion" :smug:

How do you lose a policy argument to Donald Trump of all people (answer: because your record of shameless flipflopping put you on the wrong side of a bunch of issues but you can't admit you were ever wrong no matter how obviously wrong you were that even Trump can remember a few facts about it from an index card)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

I dunno, Hillary was possibly the most obnoxious candidate in American political history, and yet she still managed to nab the third, now fifth, most votes in American electoral history. All Sinema has to do is yasssss queen slay her way to the White House and avoid making any corny remarks and she should be good as gold

Hillary presented herself as a serious competent managerial type and did have an actual record of accomplishment in the Senate to run on like CHIP. She was also really obnoxious because she had a record of terrible stuff too and her defense for it was either a bunch of big word debate-lord sophistry or a stern lecture or whatever, but that kind of thing does actually appeal to some people, and some other people are willing to get over it because again she did occasionally do a good thing even while opposing better things.

Sinema is just relentlessly annoying with no redeeming qualities whatsoever to anyone except other relentlessly annoying assholes. She wears gently caress Off rings and her senate record is just her grandstanding in the spotlight and saying no to almost everything with no rhyme or reason, even refusing poo poo that even Hillary of all people could be convinced to support.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I wouldn't say she learned nothing from 2008

She learned that she needed to buy out the DNC before the primary and ban any challenger with name recognition if she wanted to be the nominee

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

bi crimes posted:

It's incredible that she won as many votes as she did with her incompetent campaign, being deeply unpopular, smug, unlikable, bad with the public, bad at speaking, and being a war criminal

well I mean look at the other guy

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

ex post facho posted:

The republican HellCongress 2022-2024 is going to be loving hilarious before DeSantis is sworn in in 2025, and you bet your rear end they'll have federal abortion restriction and tax cut bills ready to be signed

Heh I'd like to see them try to get those past the parliamentarian

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

THS2 posted:

living in texas, the beto o'rourke campaign is completely baffling to me. i don't know what the point of it is. why put up this idiotic heel up for the governorship

Grift donations from out of state and pay them to your friends and family in the consulting and political advertising businesses

More lucrative if your candidate isn't a no-name, and they couldn't get Matthew McCanaughey so

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

DoubleDonut posted:

drat that's crazy. is there some kind of national organization that could take action to pressure its members into doing things

no that's fascism learn how things work before you speak up next time

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Man they've just given up completely on trying to convince people to vote for them.

"Oh you thought Democrats dangled student loan forgiveness to get you to vote for Biden? Well if you'd listened carefully you would have understood that actually Biden wasn't promising anything at all and giving himself an out to gently caress you over later, so if you were smart you wouldn't have voted for him in the first place"
:smug:

Oh ok

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
https://mobile.twitter.com/JHWeissmann/status/1528857564812804097

Ok but he didn't explicitly say how he would forgive the debt. Maybe he meant executive order, but maybe he was talking about wishing on a magic lamp. You don't know! Are you really gong to blame him for not finding a magic lamp? They don't even exist, grow up.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Lol at this thread freaking out about this nothingburger.

Let the RNC waste their money on pizza parties in black neighborhoods, it's not going to do anything for them because, get this, minorities already owe Democrats their votes! Duh.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
Besides the chuds falling off of the capitol walls they were trying to scale instead of just taking the stairs, the funniest part of Jan 6 is 18 months of democrats harping on it like it was the worst attack on America since Fort Sumter while steadfastly refusing to hold anyone in power accountable for it because :decorum:

Even if you care about 1/6 what does bringing it up over and over do except remind you that Democrats won't do jack poo poo about it because they don't want to lose their invites to the ringleaders' congressional yacht parties

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Shear Modulus posted:

jpow said he was thinking of raising rates some time in the trump years and then turmp raged about on twitter for a while, then there were some news items that trump was supposedly looking at what he could do to fire jpow, then suddenly jpow changed his mind and decided not to crash the economy

biden gets into office and says sure jpow, do whatever you want

so refreshing to have a president who actually listens to the experts!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

tangy yet delightful posted:

It's similar energy to

"trump is literal Hitler"
*trump gets COVID*
"I sincerely hope Trump recovers fully so we can honorably defeat him in the voting booth"

*votes to expand Trump's domestic surveillance powers*

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
What's really funny is that if Trump's dumb version of W Bush's lawfare coup to steal the 2000 election had actually worked, these same liberals would yelling at anyone who objected to his illegitimate presidency that the Supreme Court made its decision and you need to RESPECT THE PROCESS!

Literally they are only mad that some gross poors played let's pretend in the senate chambers for half an hour

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Willa Rogers posted:

all of us boomers

Don't be so hard on yourself Willa, you're not a boomer

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Defective Pikachu posted:

can you imagine being one of the Wise Council of the Elders of Law and not just making GBS threads all over an idiot like Thomas constantly

Yes if you admit a crazy dumbass can get on the court because his views are lucrative for people in power, then what does that say about the holiness of your own position or the intellectual and moral authority of your fatwas

The honor of the court is entirely based on a myth of intellectual and educational superiority

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Tarnop posted:

You mean checks for single mothers to spend on drugs?!?

Oh my god that's really why it has to be smart cards isn't it, to make sure people don't cheat and spend it on food or something

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dems had literally one month to have a plan and hit the ground running when the ruling came out. IT WAS LEAKED! YOU HAD THE loving OPINION IN YOUR GOD DAMNED HANDS FOR WEEKS YOU FUCKS

Uh they did have a plan, they rushed to get that anti-choice judge confirmed before the ruling came out, not their fault they were too late!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

MonsieurChoc posted:

drat, maybe the Dems should do something then.

They don't owe you anything. Grow up.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Foo Diddley posted:

wow so i guess president manchin is getting another term

He's not up this year

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

IAMKOREA posted:

I haven't lived in the us for many years now so I'm a little out of the loop but why do people say "men who have sex with other men" now instead of homosexuals men or gay men?

E: I guess it just seems strange to me to use the MSM term in the same tweet you talk about stigmatizing LGBTQ. Isn't the whole point of saying MSM that they aren't necessarily LGBTQ?
It's pretty simple, you can have sex with another man without being gay.

If a dude gives me a blowjob that doesn't make me gay, that makes him gay! He's the one sucking a penis!

But medically speaking I can still get monkeypox that way so when evaluating risk it's about whether I'm having sexual contact and not whether I'm thinking of myself as gay while doing it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Coolness Averted posted:

love to see the transition from "Biden is the new FDR" to "if you ask biden for any material improvement in your life, you're practically voting for the death of democracy"

"Can he do any FDR stuff other than probably dying in office?"
"Oh like graze rainbow-farting unicorns on the south lawn? Grow up!"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
Yeah but saying the hail Mary as each one goes in takes forever

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

hobbesmaster posted:

that wouldn’t have worked because the modern senate is never formally in recess and that kind of technicality is important to senators and the court

It would be a 5-4 Democrat appointed court deciding it though

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

hobbesmaster posted:

so a 9-0 for decorum

Well yeah that's the issue they didn't really want to oppose the theft of a seat and the conservative takeover of the courts, they weren't powerless that was just the excuse for not doing anything.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

what could have Obama done? If he tried to seat Garland, Roberts wouldn't have allowed it.

Roberts would be in the minority with Garland on the court, it wouldn't be up to him.

It wouldn't be very decorous for Garland to rule on his own appointment or for the liberal justices to vote on party lines, but neither was refusing to let a Democrat appoint anyone or for that matter neither was Bush v Gore

What it came down to was one party was willing to shamelessly use all power available to them to take over and one party wasn't and welp

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
Listen jack I offered millions of dollars to a Republican governor who I knew would say no because he wants black people to die, so I'm blameless in all this. Here's another $14 billion for war

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I hope Dems win because it will be funny to see the excuses for why the magic number to do anything just increased to 53 senators.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

biceps crimes posted:

they could have 65 senators and it wouldn’t be enough to do anything bc they don’t want to do anything

That's because 20 of them are from red states so we really only have 45 Democrats. That's why we just need to elect 22 more Democrats then we can finally admit Puerto Rico, DC, West Hollywood, Guam, Okinawa, Omaha Nebraska, and the Moon as blue states and then we'll be able to pass a Biden's healthcare public option!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
We're somehow losing to the dumbest dumb guy ever to run for senate, would you like to give $35 to the people responsible for this campaign?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

hobbesmaster posted:

star trek’s predictions for the 2020s really seem on track

DS9's sanctuary districts were way more humane than what we actually got though.

You got shelter and an ATM card to withdraw welfare money. And all it took for the American people to start sympathizing with you during a riot is a heartfelt plea that homeless people have families too. If the homeless actually rioted and god forbid kidnapped some cops in real America the public would be baying for their blood

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

The Sean posted:

DeSantis: "I will illegally traffic people, including children, to Martha's Vineyard to prove the dems will whine about not actually wanting immigrants aroung around and not want to help."
Martha's Vineyard: "Well, this is hosed up but let's help you out. Here's food, clothing, and a space to live while this gets worked out."
Pelosi:
https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1575874254918279170

like why did she have to specifically say Florida after the stunt he pulled? plus they're here legally and that's not the type of worker the farms want. gently caress she's so stupid.

She's a wealthy Californian, that's how her social circles see immigrants: cheap housekeepers for her and her city friends, and farm labor for her agribusiness friends

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

why the gently caress does the dem caucus think Pelosi is a net positive? she says the most painful sounding poo poo in her press conferences on the reg. it's always nauseating

is it truly because no one else knows how to do the job well?

It's because she's "good at fundraising" (in other words totally corrupt) and that's why they're all there.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Yeah I was always skeptical that people would care about Dobbs 5 months later. If it had come right before the election maybe, but Dobbs came and nothing changed for most of the country (because Roe was already effectively dead long ago and red states had already hounded most abortion providers out) so why wouldn't the immediate fear and urgency be fading by now.

Especially with Dems in full control of congress and the presidency yet unwilling to do anything about it. What would we be voting for, more twiddling in DC while Republican state governments get to pass all the laws they want?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

spacemang_spliff posted:

Dobbs could have had an impact if the dems had kept the anger stoked but they don't believe in doing that so

Yeah maybe, I don't see how they could have kept the anger stoked if they weren't gonna even pretend to put up a fight though.

If they passed Roe into law and the Supreme Court overturned that too they could rile people up, but instead they held a show vote, two of their own party voted against it, and they just went "welp oh well Manchin is our good friend and we respect his decision to hate women because he isn't a Republican: VOTE" right after they had pulled out all the stops to protect more anti-Roe Dems in the primaries.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Coolness Averted posted:

then you have dummies who will twist into pretzels to let you know that actually all serious adults knew Biden couldn't actually do what he said he was going to do, so really it's your own fault for trusting him.

Also this mandate only applies retroactively. If you complain NOW that Biden broke his promise then you should have known in 2020 that he was lying just like all serious adults did so it's too late to complain in 2022.

So you would think that they must have appreciated me as a serious adult when I did say that in 2020 but oh no, not at all. Judging Biden by his long record of opposing abortion rights and judging the Democrats by their constant predictable preference for retaining the filibuster over passing legislation? What a childish attitude, people can change, you petulant baby, just because they didn't pass it in 2009 doesn't automatically mean they'll never do it, idiot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Needless Ramblings posted:

because it feels there's a lot more ways to attack Doctor 'literally the guy who lobbied congress to deregulate supplements and sells 'magic pills' to his audience daily' Oz than going 'HE AIN'T EVEN FROM AROUND HERE!!!!'
And alienate the supplement industry, whose donations we need to BEAT REPUBLICANS in November? What are you some kind of womanhater or something?