Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm looking forward to cop cars having them installed.

*hand goes to ear*

oh I'm getting concerning news regarding this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

DemsBad posted:

it was already mentioned but public transportation actually reduces drunk driving, but that isnt half baked enough I guess. gotta keep those private handouts rolling somehow

in the infrastructure bill, no less, lmao

If you take public transportation then you don't need car insurance. It's almost like there's no lobbying for public goods and I can't figure out why.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I cannot imagine the Republicans giving the Dems a win on legalizing weed (assuming Biden would be smart enough to campaign on it with the party next year), so I have to believe there is some sorta poison pill bullshit in there.

Unless the Rs entire plan is to say "we introduced the bill" as a way to not let the Dems get credit. Should be funny to watch play out I guess.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Joe Biden desperately signing some executive actions on Nov 1 2024 as the poll numbers look worse and worse.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

“[It] makes voters say ‘Did I vote for the right people?

No, no you did not.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

https://tippinsights.com/i-i-tipp-poll-stunner-just-22-of-americans-want-joe-biden-to-run-for-president-again/

Not that I expect this person to run but if you were to ctrl+f the article and poll for Sanders it would never show up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

well at least they’re going to focus on voting rights now so they can get obliterated fair and square in 2022

Nothing will be done on voting rights so the obliteration will be "unfair" but, nevertheless, lol

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

In Training posted:

how do I get my health insurance to pay for a rapid. serious question I guess I would do that

Wait until some amount of time after Jan 15th and see what your unique insurance company's hoops are. Bing bong so simple.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

"Maybe Manchin and Sinema are so stupid that a name change will trick them into voting yes, " biggest brained idiot running the House.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Biden's 95 Proposals hammered upon the door of :911:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol lock them the gently caress up

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1485313965177589770

isn't liz cheney on there too? lmao

That sure would turn the dial on the handy meter-o-fascism I have over here in the corner.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Can you, in theory (if you don't suck poo poo), discuss nominating a person to SCOTUS prior to the actual retirement date? Like could you vote on the new nominee one day after Breyer retires after having discussed who it would be and interviewed them for weeks?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

If Nina makes it to congress it's just one more squad member to split votes and never stop any legislation anyway so like yeah I guess Nina would be "good" but also, :rubby:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

We want more money for cops!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

FistEnergy posted:

imagine voting for Joe loving Biden. incredibly embarrassing poo poo

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

LMAO jesus christ

I didn't know who that fucker was and at first assumed it had to be a parody tweet but then reading further and clicking through, he's in congress and the head of the DCCC or some poo poo?

get some warren energy, I'm dying over here

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

do democrats think this is a good look? anyone could have told htem that for the past 50 years one of the few political projects the GOP had was overturning RvW. Is there defense really "we didn't see this coming" lmao

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1522316704247730176

they think this gives them a valid reason to the lib crowd for not putting it into law the last 40+ years, because hey these justices we confirmed pinky sweared on it so we decided to use our time in congress on other more important things (like insider trading and invading countries illegally)

but now that the scotus peeps are doing this bad thing, if you'll just vote like one or two more times, then we'll get around to doing something about it*

*nancy pelosi couldn't be reached for comment as her phone doesn't have service deep up Cuellar's rear end in a top hat

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

So the official top house Dem position on fixing a right to choose is, "let the Republicans do it when they change their party to be pro-choice"

Bold strategy, let's see if it works out.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, she won't even endorse cisneros.

I was actually annoyed that Mehdi didn't name the challenger, like give her some free airtime (3 seconds) dude!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

gonna asterisk and truth-o-meter their way to reelection

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

In my spam folder just now - From: Nancy Pelosi - HUMILIATING Defeat

within which she claims that the Dems are actually winning the senate races but the dirty repubs just spent money on ads so now we the dems must spend money on ads or the repubs will win

it's a humiliating defeat_but not for me.jpg

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

They could have convinced people it was a big deal if they had done something about it then and not just sat on their asses for 18 months

It's similar energy to

"trump is literal Hitler"
*trump gets COVID*
"I sincerely hope Trump recovers fully so we can honorably defeat him in the voting booth"

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Acelerion posted:

Where do dems find all these piece of poo poo mayors its amazing

Decades of building up a deep bench of absolute shitters. In a way, it's a beautiful testament to what hard work can achieve.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Put actual powerful people in chains and march them into jail cells and put them on actual trial and actually lock them up. Show actual consequences and from that actually do things for the electorate because part of locking up the "bad guys trying to take over the country" needs to be showing "good guys doing good things for the country".

or (lol) do this (lmao) nothing

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Foo Diddley posted:

what if instead of either, we put on a big song and dance and conclusively proved to everyone that it was actually legal for the bad guys to take over the country, because there is no legal mechanism whereby they can suffer consequences for an attempted coup? would that get you to vote in november?

It will get me to vote in November.

But I don't think they'll like my votes :twisted:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

iirc the thing that turned him was when he realised the Dems had no plans to actually do anything to help all the "kids in cages" in ICE detention centres. As someone who spent his childhood who spent his childhood in wartime Lebanon I think that really pissed him off.

I believe the dems turned the chainlink fence into plastic sheets and gave them free Kamala Harris books. So this is "mostly false" that they did nothing :derp:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I love to have zero belief in a politicians motives, morals, or positions and then still somehow be shocked that they'd post up a dumb opinion like that. Time to crack ping some more.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lmao check the leper's colony to see how well D&D is handling all this

Rule II.B.
Rule II.D.1.
Rule II.B.
Rule II.C.
Rules I.A.5, III.B.
Rules I.A.1, I.A.3.

lol

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I've never been to that site and they won't even let me read one for free? gently caress that

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

ex post facho posted:

https://twitter.com/GrahamStarr/status/1542887723467431939

When I said "DO SOMETHING", I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE CLARIFIED :byodood:

one to a liberal and one to a conservative, gotta both sides even giving out dumb medals in the biden admin lmao

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Wonder why Biden is in a lovely surgical? Usually he's N95 or nothing.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The local lib moms are starting to talk about the Dems getting destroyed in the midterms.

I was very sickos.jpg as I heard this convo happening.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

yeah, getting president pop-pop out making more malaprops from the teleprompters is certain to pay dividends.

dividends of laughter.

When you put it that way, I hope the president gets his way.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

the white hand posted:

it looks like they're looking down at biden on the ground

biden's laying on his back on the ground and you're not helping him, why not?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Kreeblah posted:

Think bigger. Clinton/Cheney 2024. Reaching across the aisle to bring America together.

Does not voting for two women make me twice as misogynisticberniebro'd?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I was told that Biden didn't need the left. Surely he can get some centrists and republicans to vote for his party?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Should we pay off the private lenders? Or instead get owned?

lol I'm a smart consultant and I say...

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I think Biden has said a handful of times that if they just get 2 more they can pass all these good things. But it's not shouted enough and more pointedly, who's going to actually believe it given literally all of recorded history?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Please someone post the tweet that's some lib saying they'll "vote so loving hard" if XYZ happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

they're gonna try the fake electors thing again in 2024 and it is gonna work now that they will have the votes in the house, scotus, and especially the senate rofl

it's gonna be an apartheid minority rule country until all of us are dead.

Why would they need fake electors when in 2024 Biden will lose completely by the book?