Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah it sounds like that cabbie did amazingly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Just Another Lurker posted:

Among a close group of people that would have been real nasty

Yep that would have been horrific in a hospital reception area. No casualties apart from the bomber and the cabbie gets away is the best possible outcome.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

DrWrestling69 posted:

Is there anything official and not just pish from ukfreedomnews #takeourcountryback type of places about what happened?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2021/nov/15/liverpool-womens-hospital-blast-police-hold-news-conference-live

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Important update from the live blog:

"A crime scene investigator wearing a white suit was seen going in and out of a property in the street and a number of police vehicles were at the scene.

Police helped to carry shopping deliveries and a Deliveroo to properties within the cordon."

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This yorkshire cricket club stuff is crazy.

Azeem Rafiq told the the digital, culture, media and sport select committee that from early on at Yorkshire he was subject to personal racist abuse. He reported to the MPs on the committee that “there was a lot of ‘you lot sit over there near the toilets’, the word Paki was used constantly, no one ever stamped it out. All I wanted to do was play cricket. Towards the end of my first spell but constantly throughout I knew there was something wrong. I started taking medication for my mental health. It was really tough.”

Asked by the chairman of the committee Julian Knight about the term “Kevin”, Rafiq said it was an offensive, racist one that reached the very top of the game. “‘Kevin’ was a something Gary used to describe anyone of colour in a very derogatory manner. It was an open secret in the England dressing room,” he added. “Anyone who came across Gary would know that was a phrase he would use to describe people of colour.” Rafiq also alleged former England batter Alex Hales was involved. He said: “Gary and Alex got really close to each other when they played for England together. I wasn’t present in that dressing room, but what I understand [is] that Alex went on to name his dog ‘Kevin’ because it was black. It’s disgusting how much of a joke it was.”

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Have you guys heard of "tattle"?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/24/people-nasty-as-hell-on-there-battle-close-tattle-most-hate-filled-corner-web

I'm pretty online but I knew nothing about it. I suppose I never really use instagram or whatever. Even so, I thought it was odd it had just completely missed me.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1463561300382998541

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
e- nvm.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 25, 2021

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Yes this story is what started the conversation.

Whoops.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Things are getting serious.

https://twitter.com/ScottishSun/status/1464312064026062848

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Hm all of this talk is giving me the fear about my flat which has suffered from mold issues through the winter, I crack the windows for a few hours everyday now and it seems to have helped (although means I freeze). We have a big dehumidifier for drying clothes as well but maybe we should run it in the bedroom before going to bed. We have lots of windows including a conservatory type structure in the living room and there are no trickle vents which seems a bit of an oversight!!?

It is part subterranean and the the roof of the block drains into our patio but due to the drain courses being woefully inadequate we get some standing water and I am pretty sure the damp course is hosed.

All of this from the princely sum of £1,150 a month but it is otherwise a nice and spacious 2 bed flat in Brighton. This goddamn damp country of landlordism.

Yeah I have rising damp and I have just been out propping up my gutter with a stick. :sadwave:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I read the comments on my local "live" website and it's a wasteland.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
For people that are booking their covid booster jabs. The earliest I can get one through the NHS app is the beginning of january miles away from where I live.

Will they eventually be rolling them out to local surgeries like they did with the previous ones?

Is the best thing to do just book one via the app then cancel it if the local surgery starts offering them?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

They haven't updated it to the 3 month gap from your last jab yet, so it might be that it is still making you wait 6 months and thats when you hit that point.

Ah that makes a lot of sense, cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Danger - Octopus! posted:

There's a ton of these type of channels that started popping up last year, just folk walking around their city or getting buses and trains with ambient sound, royalty free music or noise generator fx. I guess if public transport was really quiet at some points, a lot of transport enthusiasts were out filming journeys where it'd normally be too busy. They're great for just chilling

I started playing geoguessr and watching these types of vids during lockdown. I really like seeing different places from this perspective.