Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I once got upgraded to first class on a flight to singapore and you basically had your own little cubicle with walls all round your seat which could fully recline flat. It was loving amazing.

My dad used to travel a lot for work and I think that put us up the list on getting upgraded because it happened a few times, but normally just to economy + or business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Glinner had apparently libeled a bunch of high profile gay men by accusing them of covering up a child sex ring, so hopefully he finally losses the remaining rights to his TV shows to cover the damages and we can go back to enjoying Father Ted.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

He owns that one pan and cheese grater

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

At least this one is actually in a british uniform, 9 times out of 10 when the poppy nonces do something like this they use a mannequin in an american uniform (or that one bloke who put an SS skeleton in his front garden)

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Gort posted:

As well, I think in general VR is built for American-size houses where you can easily clear out a two-metre square area to play in, rather than Great British Hovels.

Yeah this my issue, I have a VR headset but to use it i have to rearrange all my furniture and I just cannot be arsed most of the time, it definitely assumes you have a large area entirely devoid of things to bump into.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Some labour or other opposition members must have also abstained because 250 votes shouldn't be enough to pass that, suggests about 100 tories abstained.

Also lol that we live in a completely naked kleptocracy.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Doccykins posted:

https://votes.parliament.uk/Votes/Commons/Division/1124

The amendment vote carried by 18 and 28 Labour MPs abstained

lol

lmao

great democracy, cool country

edit: not just Labour MPs, 13 SNP, 3 Independents, 2 Plaid, 1 SDLP and the milkman also didn't vote

I mean some are going to have abstained because of illness (like starmer) but you think they would have been herding as many of them as they could into the chamber. Some of those definitely abstained by choice

e: and the SNP have no loving excuse

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

the state of this country is extremely good and cool actually

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I think the funniest thing about this is that the government is happy to destroy any pretence that they are opposed to corruption to save 1 MP. From being suspended for a month.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yeah exactly this is just going to lead to "well they're all corrupt aren't they" rather than any anger targeted specifically at tories.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lol now they're going to give the commons another vote on suspending Patterson and not whip it. Guess that did actually finally find a limit on how nakedly corrupt they can be.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

using your wife's suicide as a shield to deflect attention from your own massive corruption is such a classy move

Yeah his statement is one of the most classless things Ive ever seen, what a oval office.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

If they were going to pressure him to resign then why have the vote U turn though, that just makes it look even more chaotic.

Lol that's a good point, if they had any handle of the situation they would have asked him to resign this morning in a falling on his sword "this has become a distraction from important business" sort of way. The fact they offered a second vote just confirms they have no loving idea what's happening.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1456319220820684815

So the police have arrested the person that stole the vicars identity and stole his house, but notably their first response was that this wasn't a serious issue and to contact action fraud.

Only when the national press got interested did it get escalated to the serious fraud office.

Guy still very unlikely to get his house back.

I imagine he will get the house back. If the fraudster is convicted then the contract should be voided on the basis that performance only arose from an illegal act.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

any other, 20%, etc

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Ugh not going to share it but Julie Bindell had posted a truly insane screed on Twitter saying that anyone calling themselves queer who isn't gay or lesbian should be expelled from the country. Naturally the other terves are loving loving it.

I'm a straight man but it truly terrifies me that these people seem to be happily laying the groundwork for fascism.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Bug Squash posted:

The sole reason some people aren't conservatives is immediate self preservation. (which in all fairness is a pretty good reason)

Once they're no longer part of the immediate hate group then their true colours fly: This time, I'll be the one stamping a boot on a human face.

Yours think they'd have enough sense to realise that once trans and bi people are "dealt with" they'd be next.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

crispix posted:

look at the size of those drat titties

my man boobs are much bigger, he really needs to try harder.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Check out this incredibly cursed company I found while doing some investigative stuff at work today:

KARLMARX HOLDINGS LIMITED

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

MI5 got you searching for the head of Antifa?

I'm on the hunt for Karl Marx's gold. Which is in Barnsley.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

That is loving insane

I think that's the most insane war christmas thing yet, maybe

It's definitely more insane because usually it's just that one weirdo who puts up loads of poo poo in his front garden, but this is the organisation supposedly designed to help war veterans making a joke about explosives and encouraging people to get pissed on a solemn occasion.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

This has always annoyed me. The Irish flag* is Green, White and Orange.
That's their colours. And yet it treated as some subjective belief and sometimes the last colour is replaced with Gold or Yellow.

The Constitution specifically says what colours make up the flag.

* = Also the Ivory Coast, even if it's in the wrong order.Those guys are cool too.

I'm sure there was something about the orange being replaced by gold by some of the more extreme nationalists who felt that having protestant orange represented on the flag was bad?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Its just the T thats the issue.

I think it's naive to think they'd stop there

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lady Demelza posted:

Not t hat I believe the excuse. Prince Charles looks like he is nearly in tears at the Cenotaph as he stands in for her.

If he's that sad it means he's been told she'll live another 10 years

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

TACD posted:

Wouldn't worry excessively about those YouTube ads, our good friend Kessler will take care of them

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1460282814801321993

It might actually be good if we kessler ourselves because then rich idiots like musk and bezos will be forced to spend money on making the planet liveable instead of trying to escape to mars.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

loving hell the second he's not a Muslim it's immediately lone wolf mental health issues.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

If he spent time in an asylum that does rather point to mental issues, yes

Yes but if he hadn't converted he would be a radicalised individual who was probably working for some sort of secret international terror cell.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Jedit posted:

Less on a clear understanding of his ideology and more on a clear understanding of his ethnicity. It doesn't even add up on the surface level. When was the last time we had a terrorist bomber? The Muslim terrorists we have had of late have been using knives. Was it a knife bomb?

I mean the manchester arena bombings were only a few years ago.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

mrpwase posted:

My mate who works in legal services has been having problems at work, and asked me how to join a union. Beyond recommending the IWW I don't really have any ideas beyond the UVW that came up in a search for "legal services union", or some big umbrella union like Unite. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think it's already been answered but both myself and any left wing law adjacent people I know are in unite so that would be my recommendation.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

What missed opportunity for a dunk, "anyone would be better than Boris Johnson, the alpaca would've been a better pm".

Lol exactly, it's most obvious loving answer in the world but presumably Kieth was too pissed to think of it

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

DesperateDan posted:

write a posh sounding complaints letter detailing the facts and that you were left at a disadvantage in a foreign country without being properly informed and you feel let down etc and wait a week or so and they will more than likely offer you x amount of compensation, because if you accept that then it doesn't go to the ombudsman and automatically cost them an amount slightly higher than x

Yeah this is the right approach. The second they hear ombudsman they'll give you cash to go away because otherwise it's a ballache

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yeah there are a lot of technically "roads" in York that are pedestrianised because you can't safely get a car down them, not that it would stop a dickhead in a 4x4 giving it a go. It also smells to me of car nonces using disabled people as a cover.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

According to this episode the UKMT is full of lib dems

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yeah, it was a bit disappointing that they basically had no knowledge of what the forum has been like since 2009 or whatever.

Yeah it definitely seemed like Nate's knowledge of SA was limited to GBS and pretty much entirely pre 2008

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

It's amazing that people are still getting fiscal'd

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Have you seen this insane story in Somerset? A couple were stabbed to death in their bed by their neighbours while their children were sleeping, apparently because of a dispute about parking? It's utterly loving deranged. Like I guess their neighbours felt they'd stolen their parking spot so broke into their house and murdered them.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Borrovan posted:

Sky News have got an aerial photo of the parking situation, & the police tape being up suggests it's probably an accurate slice-of-life:

I don't condone murder outside of very limited circumstances, and if I did condone murder here it'd probably be the developers not the residents, but

yeesh

So there are 6 places for 7 cars which isn't ideal, but the bigger issue is that 5 of those cars aren't actually parked in a parking place. That is actually some loving terrible parking across the board.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Car parking chat reminded me of this which came up on Reddit yesterday:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceUK/comments/r0epu9/is_there_anything_i_can_do_about_my_neighbours/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Person with a disabled parking spot being deliberately blocked in by neighbours.

Legal Advice UK is incredible. There was one a couple of days ago where a person's neighbour has delusions that they were having an affair with her husband and (amongst a load of other stuff) had deliberately crashed into this woman's car while she was dropping her kids off at school.

The punchline was that the police had declined to attend and suggested she speak to the local council.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Imagine sitting down at your computer and actually typing this out

I don't really want to imagine having a stroke to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I think it's pretty well established at this point that he's a drunk tbh.