Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Has anyone watched "Patriot Purge" yet, and could provide a trip report?

I was going to but it is paywalled on FoxNews as far as I can tell. Throwing views is one thing, but throwing cash their way is not what I’m going to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
At this point I understand how people get sucked into QAnon better than the block chain. Like at least there is centuries of anti Semitism backing up the crazier parts of Q, not sure how a hashed linked list of merkle trees suddenly became some world changing data structure.

At least with overhyped tech like deep learning has some really good practical applications (computer vision and NLP) but idiots think they can apply it to every use case and it will work. Same poo poo with block chain, it isn’t going to fix everything, and at this point I’m not sure it’s useful for anything, relational databases are still faster and more secure for monetary transactions l.

Anyways I have a Dave’s single and a medium frosty.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Looks like Dems + 2 censured Gosar

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1461085517194346496?s=20

Republicans basically threw a hissy fit like usual.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

US Berder Patrol posted:

what if we put cold war on the blockchain

Someone screenshot my war crimes NFT, what do I do?

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

This is some good news. Funny enough was just talking about the booster shoot with the kids.

In an absolute adorable moment my 9 year explained a booster shot to my five-year-old as a game update. She’s so drat smart.

And here my 9 year old demanded a king sized candy bar for getting the shot from CVS. She got two because gently caress it why not.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Aww thank you so much. :)

Oh trust me they still got stuff. lol That said they were excited to get it and no problems during it.

That’s good. My daughter was relatively indifferent but I think she saw an opportunity to upsell to the good stuff. My son is still too young to get it, but he he is much worse with shots than my daughter, so I look forward to his emotional breakdown when ever he does get it.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Are Tucker Carlson and his chorus of fascist lackeys howling about this guy yet?

Andrew Torba, the guy who runs GAB, declared this an attack on white Christians.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

InAndOutBrennan posted:

How many shots do you guys get as a rule? Growing up in glorious social democratic kingdom of :sweden: it felt like we got a vaccine for something every other month.

Slight hyperbole might apply to the above but there was quite a few.

They get quite a few in new born through 3ish years old and is dependent on state. I’d wager 5-8 different series during that time. After 3 it starts tapering out to maybe one a year. We’ve never turned a shot for either kid but they were born in southern states. When we moved to New York we had to get my daughter a booster or two to be compliant for public school.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

https://streamable.com/h46l18

pretty massive news/breakthrough not sure why media is ignoring this unless they just want to keep stoking fear

I lather myself in old bay crab salt nightly so I’m basically immortal at this point.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Some fringe people in Western Europe aside, pretty much everyone in developed democratic states outside of the US accepted necessary public health measures. East Asia especially shows that "modern democracy" and limitations on "freedom" in the name of public health can coexist.

It’s amuses me how right wing media has picked up on Australia and NZ as basically being freedomless hellscapes because they are functioning during a pandemic with center left leaders.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

McNally posted:

I thought it replaces the ASU?

Nope. It’s the “working” uniform where as ASU is still the dress uniform. It’s stupid as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
School shooting in Michigan. 3 dead, 6 wounded, the 15 year old shooter is in custody.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1465775313997250560?s=20