Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Coinciding with views that the south is all klansmen, and people too stupid to move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Tayter Swift posted:

Isn't Halloween over? What's with the M. Bison costume?

He created a black and brown power group in the 70's, and the beret was a symbol of such at the time.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Biden still has an entire term, not to even mention another four years afterwards. With Bernie aggressively pushing the President's agenda in town halls, and in the senate. Maybe I'm not as cynical as some in this thread though.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I've always heard from staffers that they don't care about mail, or phone calls, to the offices. Unless it's a big media blitz of pressure, but otherwise that mail and calling don't persuade politicians from their positions. That neither are worth anything. Does anyone have any experience here?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
There's been more hope recently with the news that my former congresswoman, and current Secretary of the Interior, Deb Haaland will be campaigning for the climate positions of Biden's build, back, better programs. She didn't have a ton of luck with Warren outreach to tribal groups during the primaries, but I think she'll have much more sway now pushing for acceptance of the Biden climate and green technology provisions. https://www.eenews.net/articles/haaland-makes-cop-26-pitch/

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I would hope Biden hadn't agitated for every school to be opened, prior to vaccine availability for children.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

How are u posted:

Those two states have given up on zero covid, because the population did not want to continue it.

E: also, if China had enacted strict lockdowns appropriate to the threat of covid from the start when it was only in Wuhan perhaps the entire world may not have been in this pandemic for the last 2 years. I think it's fair to criticize their lax response.

Didn't Trump rush to fly back all American citizens from China as soon as they began locking the country down? I don't remember any of those people being tested either.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Angry_Ed posted:

Also there was something involving a cruise ship I think.

That's right! There was video and pictures at the time amongst the news reporting of people walking off from ships to their lives, with no intermediaries checking anything. Amazing stuff.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
But mods can't be put on ignore? Unless are people using a browser extension somehow?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
How important is the popular vote to politicians?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Decon posted:

Surely you have the capacity to question the prison system and the bloodthirstyness without pretending like he wasn't explicitly there as part of a violent mob intending to use violence and intimidation to halt the election.

Like, come the gently caress on. He wasn't arrested for cosplaying; he was arrested because he was there in the hopes of watching Pelosi torn to shreds and Trump instated as President Forever.

Has anyone been sentenced for this sort of stuff? it looks like attempted murder, and such, from reading your post.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

socialsecurity posted:

And yet half of what you post is doing the same thing with liberals? I don't get why we need to find common ground with fascists but tying to find common grounds with parts of the Democratic party makes you a monster because all ds.ate the same and if you try to day they aren't a monolith you get brigaded.

Could you clarify any of this? I don't really understand what it's saying. I mainly lurk, and it really messed up the flow of what i'm reading here. Are you saying we shouldn't support the majority of the Democrats, and their leadership, whom seemingly work hardest to find common ground with fascists?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, but I meant more for Right wing people.

Democrats?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Pook Good Mook posted:

What? No it very publicly was Menendez from NJ and the New York and New Jersey Congressional delegations.

I'm sure Pelosi is happy to have it back, but it was never part of the original proposal.

Here's a short article prior to the bill quoting how hopeful she is to get SALT added in.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/01/pelosi-salt-relief-478874

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Spoke Lee posted:

What do those of us on the left who feel the most visceral effects of this do? What do we advocate for? What strategy do those of us in ADAPT employ to stay out of physically, emotionally, sexually abuse and deadly institutions? The most recent battle to stay in our communities and keep our freedom was one regressive senator dying of brain cancer away from defeat.

What is our play here? Do we step aside and martyr ourselves so people can experience schadenfreude at the dems failure?

Everyone I know goes to protests, and there is never much talk about voting in the general elections. Agitation for local politics. But it isn't for much as our state is pretty reliably blue, hates poor people, and the politicians at every level blindly defend one of the most deadly police forces in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

HonorableTB posted:

The Onion did more to promote the Diamond Joe thing than any right wing media or right wing talking point ever did. That image of him only exists because of the onion.

The writer responsible for those depictions has apologized profusely, and hates Biden.