Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

Personally as someone who doesn't have children I'm pretty okay with not getting the tax credit for having them

the rare "gently caress you, got nothing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

small butter posted:

You think that it's "nuanced" to think that wanting to see poo poo Dems lose is not the same thing as wanting Republicans to win. The error in your logic is that one cannot happen without the other. If you'd get out of your bubble, you'd see that for Biden or McAullife to lose is for Republicans to win and all the harm that comes with that. I mean, do you loving hope that your wife falls because you warned her not to walk down the icy road just because it would make you seem right and would teach her a lesson for the future about icy roads and listening to you? What if that lesson is a broken bone or a head injury?

Just so we're clear, I bet that you:

1. Did not vote for Biden in 2020
2. Hoped that Trump would win throughout the night and the morning after
3. Were upset that Biden won
4. Hoped that Youngkin would win tonight
5. Are relieved that Youngkin won

Dicking around with the phrasing does not change anything if the outcome is the same.

If I got any of this wrong, please let me know.

Is he wrong for these things? No one needs two republican parties. If the democrats can't actually do anything but blame progressives then it's already a one party system. Might as well get ready for more pain in 2022 because Biden is a loving zombie and maybe you can see that now?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cornwind Evil posted:

Go to CNN to see news for the day. See headline touting "Big win for Biden."

Come in here, SPINELESS COWARDS BROKE THEY'VE HANDED EVERYTHING BACK TO THE REPUBLICANS WHY ARE THESE FUCKERS SO WORTHLESS.

I'm very confused. This forum does swing to the nihilistic but not to THIS degree.

Oh you'll have roads and electricity. Well some people will. If you're homeless or nearly homeless or just hosed in general well, not a lot is going to change for you. See the actual important bill is the other one, the one that will now die because there is no leverage. There will be no climate change provisions, no help for the poor and suffering. The rich got richer, so yes, Biden won. But everyone else is going to continue to get poorer.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

:same:

There's no conspiracy holding the left down - they simply can't organize and messaging sucks.

It’s not a conspiracy no. It’s called systemic control of the narrative by forces who would lose power and wealth under leftist governments.

The centre right is in control of the western world. There is no need for conspiracy. The left simply wont be allowed power.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
We're in the crunch phase before the real poo poo starts

Some of the true believers might actually think they can keep the status quo going if they just believe hard enough

But either through climate change, massive inequality or both, there's going to be massive mortality rates in the coming decades and all this poo poo will seem like so much silly nonsense

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hobbez posted:

I'd agree this is troubling but he is probably a pretty dumb 18 year old that suddenly had a lot of celebrity. I do not think this evidence would inherently discredit his case of self defense. He clearly had pro-right proclivities. That doesn't mean he is a Nazi. One photo does not a Nazi make. Just as I have a feeling some in this thread would argue hanging out with Antifa doesn't automatically make you a violent revolutionary or whatever.

I also think the "W" thing is often more of a way to troll and "own the libs" than it is an actual white power symbol. And I think that it's hyperbolic to compare proud boys to Nazis. Obviously, you will disagree. I am clearly swimming upstream here and I am going to just stop posting in this topic for tonight because it's late and I'm highjacking the thread.

i see the 'proud boys aren't nazis' stuff in cspam as well and i'd love to know where the rehabilitation energy is coming from, and if the proud boys themselves know they're not nazis.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

This seems like a stupid mis step and distraction on the part of Dems.

It’s just begging for the meme “healthcare pls”. It’s all so silly.

Fancy that

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Somaen posted:

Hey talking points from Twitter people that want you to ally with nazis for free healthcare and have no other leftist opinions

yeah, it works. Almost as if people are desperate. If only something could be done, to make people less desperate. Ah well I guess the poor will have to keep dying because it would be wrong to ally with bad people who will never the less give you what you need.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I was hopeful for a bit there with the long deliberation, but I guess it was a holdout who ultimately decided not to hang the jury. Rip.

Maybe you'll learn something about the world you live in

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

The alternative was the end of democracy in the United States.

it's over

you have to realise that at this point right?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Sedisp posted:

Global civilization will be significantly worse by 2050 assuming the ever worsening don't just collapse it entirely. If you take solace in knowing there will still people grinding away in that misery that is a phenomenal ability to separate yourself from suffering. Like genuinely 100% serious. If your response to this state of enlightenment is to tell people they need to cheer up or look on the bright side you probably should talk to a therapist.

What do you think the therapist will say? You should panic more? You should be more like that guy who thinks it’s over and nothing can be done but wants people to be concerned anyway? Even through he thinks nothing can be done?

Yeah you ain’t the winner here

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Afaict that's not precisely accurate. It looks like Biden isn't removing the guy, he's declining to renominate him when his term expires (which, to be clear, is the correct choice).

Seriously, this is how you do a politics :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

KillHour posted:

You mean the one that happened after Russia was defeated in war with Japan and also in the middle of a revolution threatening Tzarist rule? The revolution started first and the strikes were largely an opportunistic symptom of that.

I will point you to this part:

It failed so spectacularly that it basically ended organized striking to this day. Unions were much stronger when this happened and now they're a shadow of what they were. The strike was disastrous for public perception precisely because they damaged something most people cared about. I'm sympathetic to the causes of labor to the point of being an active and dues-paying DSA member, but if it comes down to a general strike trying to take down the literal economy, I will be on the side of the government sending in the national guard to end it.* Only the very fringe of the left actually wants to nuke the entire economy from orbit.

This is my point. People aren't starving in the streets in droves. The great depression isn't happening. Gas prices being high and the inability to buy a graphics card or a new car aren't causing people to feel like they have nothing left to lose. Capitalism is working for enough people that a general strike isn't going to happen. We know this to be true because people keep running on platforms of "Capitalism sucks" and losing Democratic primaries in very liberal places. Maybe some people feel like this but this isn't Tzarist Russia or even 1920's America.

*Edit to make clear that I'm not advocating strikers getting killed. I mean in a "Reagan firing the air traffic controllers" sense.

This is some vile poo poo. Not Tzarist Russia? Motherfucker take a look around your country. You have people wishing they could live in Tzarist Russia. It'd be an amazing upgrade. So many words to say "I'm not personally suffering under the heel of capitalism so gently caress everyone else to the point where i don't want the workers to be able to apply collective bargaining. An actual literal "gently caress you, got mine" in 2021. gently caress you man.