Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I guess that means Z is back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shinjobi posted:

I feel kinda bad for the guy

Estimated career earnings: $32,315,997

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It looks like Ruggs rear-ended the RAV4. If he still managed to kill someone through a rear-ending, and judging from the total destruction of the front trunk on the 'Vette, he must've been going 100+ MPH.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No Butt Stuff posted:

marvin harrison is in the hall of fame

Happened after his NFL career

seiferguy posted:

Ruggs is going to get booked, post bail, go back to playing, get his arraignment in the off-season, plead to a lesser charge (likely a gross misdemeanor), probably do less than a year in jail then be playing again.

Goodell won't allow it, he'll get put on the list. This is a way clearer legal situation than Watson.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Black Sunshine posted:

The NFL literally has this exact program provided to players at no cost.

Ruggs was probably too drunk to even make the call by the time he got into the Corvette, but frankly it should be drilled into players to arrange the ride ahead of time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm pretty sure that was dropped years ago because players didn't trust a service ran by the NFL not to narc to the commissioner on what they were up to at 3AM.

Many individual teams have their own programs too I believe. There's no way the Raiders didn't, given... Vegas.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Professor Funk posted:

I bet he gets 3-6 months in prison, max, plus a significant probation period or whatever the equivalent is in Nevada.

DUI->death isn't probationable in Nevada from what I read.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Trade deadline should be later in the year.

Supposedly the reason for this is because it'd lead to playoff teams raiding bad teams for players. Halfway through the season means that pretty much all teams outside the bottom 3-4 are still reasonably in playoff contention.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Has anyone figured out why the Rams hate draft picks?

Market inefficiency. If everyone else values draft picks super highly then you can get an advantage by valuing something else super highly and giving your draft picks to other teams in exchange.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wonder how many people have this shirt

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A 2013 RAV4 means it's not a hybrid, right? Wonder what exactly ignited the fire.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The AFC West kinda sucks.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not killed, permanent brain damage.

Distinction, difference, etc

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Professor Funk posted:

So uh

Ignoring the 0.161 and the 156 mph (both horrible) a loaded gun might change things bigtime for Ruggs

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1455930991902605314?s=21

This is his pinned tweet.

https://twitter.com/__RUGGS/status/867261723107090432

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/1456022325476794368

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So both teams somehow lost the Laremy Tunsil trade.

Remember how the Rams got a king's ransom for the RG3 pick but got nearly nothing out of it? The only player I can remember from that haul is... Ogletree?

I wonder if that didn't have a hand in the organization deciding picks were more valuable for acquiring players instead of drafting them.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.reviewjournal.com/investigations/video-shows-ruggs-speeding-in-car-with-girlfriend-who-says-slow-down-2471423/

quote:

A video obtained by the Review-Journal appears to show former Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs speeding on a Las Vegas residential street with his girlfriend, Kiara Kilgo-Washington.

In the September 2020 video recorded by Washington and posted on her YouTube channel, The RUPrint, Ruggs laughs as he revs the engine of his car. The video was titled “Wild Out Wednesdays.”

“You look scared,” Ruggs tells Washington, who also goes by the name Rudy Washington.

The video has since been removed from her YouTube channel.

quote:

“Just don’t do it no more,” Washington is heard saying in the clip. “What you about to do?”

“Launch,” Ruggs responded. “What do rockets do? Take off.”

The car then lurches, causing Washington to drop the camera. “Slow down!” she said in the video, seemingly out of breath. “Take me back to the house. I dropped my phone.”

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

All previous COVID violations have seen 250k to 500k fines for the teams, and only two teams were stripped of picks (a 7th for the Saints and a 6th for the Raiders).

Hard to see the Packers getting worse than that, especially since the league already knew about his unvaccinated status and hasn't done poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DariusLikewise posted:

This is amazing because Aaron Rodgers has spent his entire career being very calculated and careful with what he says publicly and it's all just being shattered in the matter of 20 minutes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Ivermectin study that all the idiots are basing their dosage on got withdrawn btw

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:lol:

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1456679299709345798

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really, really, really, really wanna see the report that Rodgers presented to the NFL.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fifty Three posted:

There were absolutely people who self-identified as Left throwing shade at the vaccines before they were released because Trump was rushing them or something, which is an additional lol

I was one of them, because it was unprecedented to get an effective, safe vaccine rolled out in like 8 months time. When I found out the mRNA technology had been in the works for a long time, and especially after the actual rollout we didn't have people turning into crocodiles, I hopped on board.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So much for the trade deadline week being an uneventful week.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Niwrad posted:

What are the odds he's a sovereign citizen dipshit too?

He's a bitcoiner too...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ihatepants posted:

gently caress Aaron Rogers for lying, but all the people claiming that it's "impossible" to be allergic to anything in the mRNA vaccines should tell that to my wife who had to go to the ER twice (the second time a couple of hours later and having already been taking high dose corticosteroids) due to anaphylaxis after the first Pfizer shot.

Congratulations on your unique, one-of-a-kind wife.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ron Johnson is one of the dumbest people in the American government and that's saying a hell of a lot. This isn't even political partisanship, he genuinely has trouble rubbing two brain cells together to produce an empirical observation.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Has anyone considered the possibility that Rogers health takes a turn for the worst?

It won't and he'll be fine.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ruggs is getting additional charges. He's going away for a long time.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32562812/henry-ruggs-facing-2-more-felony-counts-gun-charge-connection-fatal-crash

quote:

LAS VEGAS -- Former Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III is facing two additional felony charges as well as a misdemeanor following his involvement in a fiery car crash early Tuesday morning that left a 23-year-old woman and her dog dead and Ruggs and his girlfriend injured, according to court records.

Ruggs, 22, initially faced being charged with felony driving under the influence resulting in death and reckless driving after prosecutors said he was driving 156 mph and had a blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit in the state of Nevada.

Prosecutors now have decided to charge Ruggs with additional felony counts of DUI and reckless driving due to the injuries suffered by his passenger, girlfriend Kiara Je'nai Kilgo-Washington, who also goes by Rudy Washington. The misdemeanor charge is possession of a firearm while under the influence, stemming from a loaded gun found in Ruggs' car at the scene.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Lots of people are talking about how dumb Aaron Rodgers is, but not nearly enough are talking about how lovely he looks in the face since the whole holistic bullshit started. Dude looks downright awful and there's a pretty obvious point at which that turned.

I gotta be honest I'm seeing a lot of this type of sentiment this season from goons but I really don't see it. Rodgers has always been a wrinkly gently caress with a long face. He doesn't look particularly different this season other than having longer-than-usual hair and facial hair.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1457374064847175680

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Has there been any report yet the league is going to investigate Rogers?

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1457394548255113228

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That doesn't look like a deliberate attempt at injury to me. Burns just drilled McCorkle 2 seconds prior as hard as possible, are people going to call that an attempt to injury too?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The video quality (and angle) is so poor that it's hard to make it out in the 0.75 seconds that it happens, but I see a grab of Burns's foot, I don't necessarily see a twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Blatant rigging