Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

John Wick of Dogs posted:

As long as 8bitdo controllers can't power on the system I probably am not going to buy anymore. Bad for PC cause the button layout, annoying to sync to the switch every time

I love the wireless hori pro controllers. They can turn on the console and are actually cheaper than the 8bitdo controllers. The d pads aren't as good but doesn't matter for most games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snackmar posted:

Advance Wars 1+2 trip report

- Oh that's nice, I'm being asked if I've played an Advance Wars already - yup, sure have!
- "Great! Well just think of this unskippable tutorial as a refresher!"

:ughh:

Good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Idea: open world dating sim called Breasts of the Wife

Stop

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

American McGay posted:

Works on my machine (a single Nintendo Switch).

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bleck posted:

I've seen every episode of that show and none of the main cast ever manages to harass and/or murder even one single minority

There was one episode where terry crews (out of uniform) was harassed by a racist beat cop in his own neighborhood

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Reroll your character and hope you're born with the noble passive.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heavy Sigh posted:

I call it barely functional because the combat system is stupidly unbalanced, and it gets worse the second you get the ability to delay turns. Every single enemy in the game gets completely shut down after that point, and rather than fix it in any way the game just throws more ways to do it at you. I've quite literally stunlocked most bosses from zero to death because of how poorly thought out the combat system is.

You don't have to stunlock the bosses in the same way that you don't have to use any of the relics.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

No Wave posted:

Any good JRPGs with moderately sized text and above?

Have you considered glasses and or sitting closer to the screen?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oxxidation posted:

do you know any adjectives other than “lame”

I don't

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Annath posted:

I get that they're more accurate to the mainline names.

I think the mainline DQ games are full of lame names.

Puns are fine, but the puns they use are lame.

"Bewarewolf"?

"Ratscal"?

"Batatouille"?

Like, come on, those don't sound dumb to you?

They're dumb but that's the point.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

man nurse posted:

Nintendo. Anyone been thinking that, lately?

Sometimes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Soul Glo posted:

Petition mods to move this thread to E/N subforum

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

H110Hawk posted:

I have Kart and dislike Zelda. Played the Pikmin 4 demo and it's not for me - I don't like dealing with the timer element of it. ("daytime") Not in a rush to spend it, but excited to have it. Last years game was a total bust, turns out I misunderstood what Luigi's Mansion is and it's awful. Kirby return to dreamland and yoshi's crafted world are the most recent hits.

Well what do you like?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sally posted:

yoshi and kirby clearly

Ok, so why? Is there a reason you like or dislike things?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

H110Hawk posted:

I like Mario kart, super mario u, smm2, yoshi's crafted world, kirby return to dreamland, untitled goose game. I might like pikmin if I have it more of a chance. I'll give it another try on the demo.

I dislike Zelda (just never could get into it) and anything "turn based". I like easy low stakes games that let you just keep going along without a bunch of cut scenes and such.

I simply don't have a lot of games either. I dislike not having playable demos of basically every major title. (anything at the $60 price point should have a basic demo in my opinion, Nintendo can afford to, and obviously afford not to.)

As for luigis mansion I didn't really look at it all before impulse asking for it for Christmas last year.

maybe try some farm sim games like Stardew Valley, or the old Harvest Moon games on the old virtual consoles

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Arceus is the best Pokemon game and I wish they made another one like it but with denser environments and graphics that didn't look like a launch era GameCube game.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

hatty posted:

Will never understand the Arceus love. Never have I played such a boring checklist game

That's nice, honey

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This slap fight rules.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Commander Keene posted:

I don't play Dark Souls, so FromSoft's boneheaded controller input decisions don't affect me. :smuggo:

ok

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think all games should have the joycon iconography of clearly denoting the position of the intended button on a small icon.

In other words, showing the player they need to press the bottom button for <this>, and then the right-side button for <that>.

You should have enough fluency to be able to do this automatically

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Looper posted:

they're wrong, nintendo to microsoft swaps the left and top buttons, and the bottom and right buttons

Yeah, that's being rotated by 90 degrees

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Treecko posted:

Oh yeah I def dropped Chrono Trigger bc the insane drop rates.

Sorry Akira Toriyama your art can't get me through this BS

That's lovely, honey.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm the phone picture of a switch instead of exporting a screenshot

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

runchild posted:

You can just scan 2 QR codes and bingo bango there it is on your phone.

This

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I just don’t share screenshots :smug:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what is wrong with you people

They have no joy in their hearts nor brains in their heads.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I really love the screenshot function and use it all the time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

An Actual Princess posted:

i don';t have a tv and my eyes are dogshit and i can't do small screens. Eat my rear end.

Skill issue

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

JollyBoyJohn posted:

oh

totally missed that

I believe you have cognitive issues that need to be addressed by a team of medical professionals

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Accipiter posted:

Nintendo can eat a fat dick with their Switch controller button remapping feature. It's bad enough that the system nags you every time you turn on the system asking if you want to switch back to the defaults, but I just discovered today that they intentionally crippled the feature in that it doesn't support 3rd party controllers.

I'm glad they brought the feature to the system at all because I need B and A swapped to be able to play pretty much any game, but they added such unnecessary hostility.

Why do you need B and A swapped to be able to play pretty much any game? Can't you just get used to them being different and achieve motion fluency through patience and time, or are you too obstinate to adapt?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Augus posted:

all this talk about how “jank” the puzzle solutions are in totk reminded me of this one shrine everyone here hyped up as being super impossible to solve and they had no choice but to cheese it and then I got up that shrine and it’s literally just “build a makeshift monorail”
goons are stupid

Was that the one where you make a lowercase "n" shaped thing out of three plants and then ride that to the end of a rail?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I learned to play inverted because of plane games on the n64, but I'm not a stubborn old engineer and can adapt and learn regular controls. Also some older jrpgs had the x axis inverted and while annoying, it was doable after learning and adapting. It really does sound like a skill issue.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

abelwingnut posted:

so with all of these switch 2 leaks, it sure seems like something’s coming soon. but i have no idea what its launch titles could be.

we just got a new mario, a new zelda, and, i think, a new pokémon. i don’t feel like metroid is popular enough to carry the launch.

is it just going to be mario kart 9 and some random other stuff? metroid prime 4 and the other mp remastered? not really sure what nintendo can do here.

It's going to be remappable controls

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I only use the on screen keyboard so I can practice my mouse aiming skills at all times.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DLC Inc posted:

Yoshi’s loving Island

Did Stephen Hawking have a midget orgy there like on the other loving island?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Electromax posted:

Anyone played Sanabi?

Nope, no one has played it yet

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Try shield, my first time beating Hades was with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

otter posted:

My kids have been saying that too. I hate it. I’ve also been told (by them) that EVERYONE else has a phone and can watch TikTok to their hearts content, and EVERYONE else in the 6th grade is going to Costa Rica for spring break so I’m the worst for not plopping down $5k to send a dumbass 11 year old to a foreign country where they don’t speak the language etc.

Your family is cool