Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

mandatory lesbian posted:

You are confused. Zelda being the villain of botw wouldnt be good writing, itd be dumb poo poo

I think it's more, as much as I love Zelda games you don't play them for the Big Themes, y'know. Trying to find subtext is futile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Great Ace Attorney Chat: Case 2-2's placement is really baffling, even after beating both games I have no clue what's the point of the flashback. The plot does move forward after that case, however.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Maybe this is hopium but I feel like they're not done with the setting/cast of Great Ace Attorney, (actual huge ending spoilers for 2) Iris needs to find out who her parents are and have some kind of reconciliation with Barok.

Fingers crossed for Great Ace Attorney: Become Racist (i.e. the Barok spinoff)

mycot fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 6, 2022

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Don't Fux with Stux

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Soul Glo posted:

is fire emblem engage a full new game or is it some weird full priced gacha game? only reason i ask is it seems to have every protagonist from past games a la a mobile gacha thing but it's also full priced, sooo

The previous Fire Emblem protags are basically just rpg summons. I think people got spooked because Fire Emblem Heroes exists and it looked like there was going to be a ring gacha but the only rng is for generic equipment?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
Siralim is a thing of beauty. This is how pokemon games should be made. Instead of scraping the old pokemon and starting over just add 400 new ones on top of the already ridiculously bloated roster.

Got to catch them all :colbert:

tbf that is exactly how Pokemon worked until very recently

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
The thread title made me think, the Sports Story thing reminds me of all things, the Barkley Shut Up and Jam 2 thread where they had this beloved simple indie game and for the sequel all the development effort went toward features literally nobody wanted or asked for

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I've never seen a game take a 4Kids approach to its own premise like FE Conquest. Don't worry about fighting for the bad guys because Corrin sets his sword to stun before every battle

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

hatty posted:

Sounds like It’s time for Rhythm Heaven and Picross 3D 3! Or maybe a Wario game! Small Nintendo games are the best ones

Is there a single version of Rhythm Heaven that everyone likes? I always wanted to try the series.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Maybe someone less neurodivergent wouldn't have this problem but I appreciate the 13 Sentinels dub because there is a lot of text in that game. Like, A LOT of text.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Twilight Princess is basically the diametric opposite of BOTW: elaborate dungeons, big setpiece bosses, very indulgent and bloated design. My tastes align way more with Twilight Princess than BOTW, but clearly I am outvoted by the masses :negative:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Did they make Fi like that because of Midna or was that a decision they made all on their own

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Maybe...if you have a clown fetish!!!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

raditts posted:

Hasn't it been on mobile for like years now?

A surprising amount of goons use Android

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
My heart rose and fell so hard when I saw Etrian Odyssey...collection.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
At least the link's awakening remake haters can be happy.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
This direct is just yanking the chain, man.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Maybe boomers are right and video games really were better back then

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
It's probably for the best twitter is down during this.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Finally an actual announcement

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Comrade Fakename posted:

I increasingly suspect that Zelda is magically inside Link’s arm.

Wait a second Bionic commando did this

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

incoherent posted:

Zelda, BTOW: A wholly formed independent person with a fleshed out story and arc.

Zelda, TOTK: We've reduced her to your side companion.

I mean in actual BOTW she spends the entire game in an evil cyst.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Mister Facetious posted:

Kevin Sorbo
Dean Cain
Steven Seagal
OJ Simpson
The Baldwin family
Meghan Markle

F U for causing the intrusive thought of "Johnny Depp Mario"

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
F Zero is weird because it's not like they've tried and failed to reboot it a million times (Star Fox, Metroid pre-Dread). They never even reached trying.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

and like 60% of the demand for it comes from people who like Captain Falcon from Smash

Hey it worked out for Fire Emblem eventually :v:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I think parents would probably still choose getting dragged through any of the Lego games than, like, the Paw Patrol licensed game. When's Bluey though.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
During the Bayonetta 3 release kefuffle I read a wiki summary of the plot and from that admittedly contextless view I'm not sure which part is the controversial part.

1) Bayonetta is straight and has a child
Seems bad at first but they go out of their way to say it's another universe's Bayonetta so "our" Bayonetta technically isn't locked into any relationship
2) Jeanne dies
Jeanne dies all the time
3) Bayonetta dies
I think she can come back? Maybe?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

KingSlime posted:

Maybe he thought this was finally the film that would explore Bowser's complicated relationship with his son as he navigates the challenges of being a single parent amidst terrible inflation and staggering coin inequality among the social castes

A Goofy Movie. Kinda.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

WHY BONER NOW posted:

You guys know how some video games have copy protection so that say for example batman won't do his glide move if it's a pirated copy

Does Nintendo do anything like that? I want to make a joke about people pirating the mario movie but in their copy mario doesn't jump or something. But I need an example. God I'm so close to a really funny post

Earthbound famously crashed on the final boss if it detected a pirated game.

google result posted:

Having lots of enemies is annoying, but doesn’t make the game unplayable. So one final layer of protection was added to prevent pirates from fully enjoying the game – the game will freeze your game during the final battle with Giygas, delete all your save games, and then reset.

Don't know how this helps your joke though, sorry

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Days of Ruin was a good game.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
What's the next biggest Nintendo franchise? Animal Crossing? Wii sports??!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
It is very strange to go from "Mario has such protective Brand Integrity that every NPC has to be Toad in a hat" to Nintendo allowing Chris Pratt Mario, yeah. I wonder what changed within the company.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Bleck posted:

I'd appreciate some more info on this.

(Warning for rape)
https://jickenwings.org/

I don't know the guy personally obviously so maybe I don't know him at all, but (more rape) expressing almost no regret over your friend raping your girlfriend beyond "yeah he's a real rear end in a top hat sometimes" is such a vacuously evil thing to do that it's hard to look at him the same way again.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

hatty posted:

That's how every console does it I'm afraid. Sony used to let you have five active PS3's at once but people kinda abused it and then they went to the primary secondary system they have now

The PS3/Xbox360 era was wild because companies did not value digital sales at all, I don't think they even bothered counting them. It took a moment for people to realize 'wait you can play entire games for free this way'

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I doubt Advance Wars is a rare cart, in order for the price to go up legitimately (and not just from scammers buying and selling the same carts to each other) there needs to be high demand for a low printing. Like the Fire Emblem game with Ike or the special preorder version of Fire Emblem Fates that has all three games. Lots of Fire Emblem, actually.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Is there any chance of more Mario and Luigi games on the Switch? Which ones are the ones people don't like again

Edit: I know one game had the HP values inflated in the US version like the old Contras

mycot fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 25, 2023

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Feels Villeneuve posted:

AlphaDream went bankrupt so unfortunately not likely and Nintendo's insistence on keeping everything related to the Mario IP strictly controlled would probably just make them not have the charm they used to

The ones people liked are the first three

Cattail Prophet posted:

Literally everything after the first game is DS or later too, so don't expect more of them to hit the online service anytime soon either.

Ah right, anything DS/3DS is probably more effort than what they really want for NSO. I was asking because Alphadream being deceased doesn't seem to have stopped them from putting the first one (which I just beat) on the service.

Is it just me or is the power curve in that game kinda hosed, like as far as I can tell there is no real way of raising your defense/HP dramatically but your damage output and those of the bosses becomes ridiculous, so it's basically kill or be killed. It's kind of a shame there's no super hard bonus boss at the end.

mycot fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 25, 2023

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean it wouldn't really be more impressive or effort-intensive if someone uploaded the ROM from a computer in Nintendo Headquarters. The internet makes it trivial to leak things because you can instantly share and distribute it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
If you ask two artists to make a redesign of the same character, the results are going to look similar to each other. Nobody in this thread is really doing it but the "Nintendo plagiarized X fanart" going around is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Why were the gamecube discs so tiny anyway. Was it just to prevent CD burning?