Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Achmed Jones posted:

oh poo poo is this a new game or an update to the one i already have?

I read they are doing it as a $20 DLC to Afterbirth+ on the eShop but you can order a physical version from Nicalis for $60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

This is a horrible trailer, lmao

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Just remaster Jedi Knight

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Panzer Dragoon is less than a cup of coffee.

Get it!

Ok. I had some gold points so I did it.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I played one Pokémon. It was Pokémon Blue and I chose Bulbasaur.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Indie directs are usually kind of poorly received because big-name indies get in the "real" directs but i hope there's cool poo poo

I’m just hoping they release Inscryption today, I’ve been wanting to try it

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Hey finally something I'll actually buy

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I have no idea how they decide what to feature in these things, I feel like all the good stuff was in the last 4 minutes. Give me more Wrestlequest!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Well, how about this: If I like Slay the Spire, will I like the card game in Inscryption?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

What's the best place to sell/trade in a Switch? The Gamestop and Best Buy values are criminally low, as usual.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Lizzy posted:

Hi,

What game should I play/buy next? Here is what I have and how I feel about them. I feel like a lot of times I buy a game because it has a high score on what ever review site but it isn't fun for me personally.

• Hades: probably my favourite game on the switch. #1 most played. I like the strategizing re boons/weapons and combat.
  • Fortnight: quite like it to be honest. I enjoy FPS and am fairly decent. This is my #2 most played. I like doing the checklist type tasks....

• Zelda botw. #5 most played. Obviously a cool game.

It sounds like you enjoy NES-era Zelda style top down combat, combining items/weapons to get crazy synergies, and checking endless things off a list. If that’s the case, try my most played Switch game, The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. The humor/motif definitely isn’t for everyone but it’s pretty much endlessly replayable if you like that type of game and you’re ok with a bit of edgelord humor.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

[Boomhauer voice] Dang ol’ ronpa, man

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I hope she tells Mario she's baked a cake for him and then squashes him with her enormous rear end while a popular song about girl power, thiccness, bad bitches etc plays. I hope she uses Toad as a shield and he gets his loving head blown off with a Bullet Bill. I hope she rejects Marios kiss by telling him his princess is in another castle. I hope we both die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbdZehrhhfE

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Huxley posted:

It's the smoothest, most accessible Monster Hunter game in the entire franchise and absolute tons of fun. I'd say if $20 is an amount of money you can afford to gamble on, go for it. If you bounce off, at least you'll know. But if you bounce ON, there is a thousand hours of amazing games ahead of you. Rise is definitely the best entry point, too (IMO, some people make good arguments for World).

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962895

I kinda bounced off World but for $20 and portability I'm gonna try it again

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Large Testicles posted:

What's a good Metroidvania under $20 if I already have and have beaten Hollow Knight and both Guacamelees?

Blasphemous when it’s on sale. Maybe Dead Cells but that’s more of a roguelike.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

My library doesn't have games, or even DVDs :smith:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

You don't get rich buying books and games your tax dollars have already paid for

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I finally wrapped up my fourth and final play-through of Triangle Strategy. It's terrific and if you enjoy Tactics games or Strategy RPGs I highly recommend it. Yes it's got a lot of plot, but the battles are seriously good and every unit is interesting and cool. Also the gameplay is very streamlined and lacking some of the clunkier artifacts of older games I'd say.

Now the question is what to play!

I had initially been leaning on getting an indie game either Tunic, Sifu, Omori, or Neon White, but something chill like TOEM or Dorfromantik seem appealing too. Heck maybe something off the cuff like The Good Life (was that good?), Sludge Life, Umurgangi Generation, I Am Dead, or Anodyne 2 and that's just some of the random stuff on my wish-list.

Or I can just buckle down and play Metroid Dread finally (or chicken out and beat Portal 2 again).

I don't feel like a huge time commitment, which I know Dread isn't, but I also don't know if I want to play a game where I have to think/react much right now. Could be nice to just chill out for a bit.

I had pretty much said it was going to be Tunic but with how immersive it is, I may need something less whatever-it-is at the moment.

Tunic seems like exactly the kind of game I would love and I really didn’t like it at all. Not sure what the general opinion is here but the exploration was needlessly slow and difficult to figure out where to go due to the isometric camera, and the combat is clunky enough that some of the bosses are just straight up not fun.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I loving love We <3 Katamari, title is accurate

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Commander Keene posted:

Keep in mind the plot for It Takes Two is extremely dumb, and not really in a good way.

I tried to play it with my wife, and, well, that was kind of sad and we stopped

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I’m not seeing that on the Best Buy site, is it still active?

Oh nevermind, it’s in the overview

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

The Switch thread is sacred. I cannot forgive this

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

They should do a new Uniracers

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

They squarshed Mario

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I doubt it, I’m a big time Nintendo head and I never even thought about getting a Wii U

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

Was blasphemous 2 the horrible sequel to a great first game or am I thinking of salt and sac

Salt and Sac, Blasphemous 2 just came out and is getting generally good reviews

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Ok yeah Wonder looks pretty good. I wonder (no pun intended) if you'll have to use certain badges to get some of the collectibles. Should be interesting.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

They had message blocks as far back as Super Mario World, this isn't really anything new.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Araxxor posted:

Message blocks also had more to actually say about a given mechanic or a specific hint for that part of the level.

...And how do we know that the flowers won't do that?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I love the voice acting. I hope they patch the talking flowers into Starfield

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Good

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

How far in advance do they announce the Directs, like 2-3 days?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

man nurse posted:

Okay but who would be cast as Tingle

Will Farrell

Katt Williams

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I didn’t mean to derail the thread I just have a couple long flights tomorrow and Thursday and I hoped I could see it :smith:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Roaming data? Is it 2005?

That usually means international data now

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Man you can’t be out here hitting bums

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I kinda want to buy Dave the Diver but I don't know if it will be on sale for Black Friday. How long does it usually take for indie games to see a discount?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

It will be open world, have towers you must climb in order to slowly reveal the map, and have lots and lots of icons on the map to visit that don’t really move the plot forward.

Sounds more like Super Mario: Odyssey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Let the Monkey D Luffy guy in a blonde wig be Link but play him exactly the same