Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

American McGay posted:

Feels more like they're leaving the door open as opposed to confirming plans. I have a hard time thinking of what would even work for paid DLC. There's already a decent selection of courses. They could do like, all the courses from past Mario Golf games but would people really pay $20 for another 12 courses? Maybe a completely new mode, something like a full minigolf game. That might be cool.
I would pay $20 for 12 more courses, but I don't expect anything like that. Mini golf would be cool, but I don't know how that would fit into he whole speed golf theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

We're supposed to get botw2 news before the end of the year, right? I wonder if there will be anything during the game awards
There is speculation based on a single vague tweet that there will be a new trailer at the game awards.

So naturally I'm all in.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Metroid Dread just won best Action/Adventure.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sports Story when?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Catching up on the Direct. Figment wasn't bad, but I'm not particularly looking forward to a second one.

Edit: Well, that's that I guess.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 15, 2021

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I generally try to collect everything and I gave up on the shinespark stuff. I would actually look up how people did some of these on youtube so I knew exactly what to do, and I still couldn't do it. I just did the ones I could and stopped trying on the more complex ones when it was no longer fun.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I never played Paper Mario before but it's a real good game. Definitely worth joining a family plan for.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I had Paper Mario crash for no apparent reason and I lost like 2 hours of play time. I had manually saved in that time in the game but those saves seemed to have disappeared and it went back to where I started that session.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

neato burrito posted:

Talk me out of the expansion pass if you can... I never got to play Paper Mario the first time around and my family still plays Animal Crossing. Seems reasonable to sign up, right?
I am greatly enjoying Paper Mario and I'll probably run through OoT again but I doubt I'll do much more with the expansion, so I think the full price is a bit much, but I definitely think it was worth the ~$10 I paid as part of a group on a family plan. This thread has slowed down considerably but you still might be able to get in on a family deal. Or start a new group to try to get your own costs down.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I trickle content for free every day it’s great.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The Postman posted:

Looks like Captain Toad Treasure Tracker is free to try for NSO members until 01/20.
Oh great! I had my eye on that waiting for a sale and then it went on sale and I still wasn't sure about it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm again going to recommend this thread for the expansion pack. People are still looking for others to join the family plan, and it comes to about $10 per person per year.

I played through Paper Mario 64 and it's quite possible I will not play any others and for $10 I'm OK with that.

Obviously you could wind up out $10 because someone does something dishonest but it's working for me so far.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

If you’re not going handheld at least half the time there’s no upside to the OLED Switch.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

InfectedZero posted:

Sports Story where are thou! Gimme that shadow drop tomorrow.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Procrastine posted:

I wish there were a way to find the gamer guys and girls in this crowd
Anyone want some cake?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

They did it!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Araxxor posted:

If you beat the demo, you get a code you can use in the final game for some goodies. If you beat everything on Wild Mode, you get an additional code.
I got both codes and didn't do Wild Mode. Something else must unlock the other code.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Morter posted:

So that's a 'no' for Immortals: Fenyx Rising, then? Tried looking up thoughts on the last thread and didn't get much. So any input is appreciated! :shobon:
I mean, I had a great time playing it, but if I had it already on another system I doubt I would buy it again. But I also play almost exclusively docked so getting to play it handheld isn't a big thing for me.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I wasn't sure about it but I'm glad I bought Triangle Strategy. I liked Octopath well enough but didn't love it and got kind of tired of it after a while and I was afraid it would be too like that, but this is a great game.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

sponges posted:

Triangle Strategy worth a buy?
I am surprised how much I like it. There are some big gaps between combat but the story is engaging enough that I don't care. I do wish they had more of the trial fights you can do when you feel like it or to beef up your characters. That is my only complaint so far though.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I won't do this, but can't you skip the dialogue? That'd make that a non-issue entirely.
There are some dialogue scenes that are completely voluntary so you can skip all those without losing any of the main story, but I don't. For the mandatory stuff I bet you can skip it or at least blow through them quickly especially if you read fast but I honestly haven't tried. Sometimes in combat I accidentally fast forward through dialogue that pops up at certain points so I know that capability exists.

One of the mechanics of the game is a decision time where everyone votes on the next move, and you have the chance to convince others to do what you want, and to unlock some responses to their questions you have to talk to people, but you could technically just let the game do what it wants (and I will likely do this when I play through it again).

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Achmed Jones posted:

thanks y'all! the only srpg i really know of is fft, which i loved back in the day. it sounds like triangle strategy might be a bit hard for me if i'm just trying to chill and stuff, so i'll probably hold off until i can get a good deal on it in case i bounce off after a couple hours
There's a demo so you can try it out too.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Huh you can lose at Triangle Strategy. Like they let you reload the save and try again but you can get a “game over you lose.”

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You don’t reload your save. It keeps all the exp and kudos while letting you start over. I’ve lost several times on maps with specific objectives like “keep this one person alive” or “Don’t let any enemies escape”

Edit: there are mock battles where you have to win within x turns and one in NG+ where you can’t let a single unit die. Also NG+ is generally very difficult and punishing so yeah, it’s easy to get a game over later on.
No I don't mean lose a battle I know about that. I mean I failed to do something that was necessary to advance the story in a non-battle scenario, and I got a game over. Spoiling is probably overkill here but since it's a new game: The characters made speeches about taking their last stand together, and then the map came up and the narrator explained that they all died and the world fell into bloody conflict. Then it said I lost and the game was over but I could reload the last autosave to get back to where I could do the thing I didn't do.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tempura Wizard posted:

It's not for everyone, but goddamn is Triangle Strategy really good. It's a pleasant surprise because I quit the first demo early because it sucked so much rear end. It's an early contender for GOTY for me (probably to be unseated when I get around to Elden Ring and/or Splatoon 3, but hey, what can you do). The backlog beckons, but I'm going in for New Game+. I can count the number of games I've done a New Game+ with on a single hand. This is my hole. It was made for me.
I'm slowly working my way through it but I love it. I'm already looking forward to another play-through where i pick different options or let the game pick them for me. I'll probably start by picking the first path I didn't and then let the game decide from then on.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

External Organs posted:

Wake me up when the emulator can mimic the weird sense of dread I got when I visited my sega genesis friend with his weird abusive dad stomping around the house muttering incomprehensible things while we played green hill zone.
This feature is coming on the Switch Pro.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I have decided to purchase Triangle Strategy
Good call.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Inzombiac posted:

FINE I bought Pikmin!!!!!
Haha! You fell for it! IDIOT!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

KICK SOME YOU-KNOW-WHAT!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

meta² posted:

Sooo, sold my switch many years ago after beating Mario and Zelda.

I have a 24 hour flight to see my dad in Bangkok so I bought a new switch to keep me company. Anyone have any good recommendations to keep me busy on my flight?

Here’s my list at the moment:
- Replay BotW
- Kirby
- Witcher 3
- Animal Crossing
Metroid Dread

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nintendo Svvitch

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Steam Blech

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mister Facetious posted:

If the Dragon and the rest of the cover is anything to go by, it's an amalgamation: DuckTales, Ninja turtles, and... Double Dragon?
Also baseball.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

wuggles posted:

That wasn't a dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1PKKdz0S34&t=1s

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The thread and, indeed, the world still waits anxiously for Sports Story.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Can you play 4-player yacht dice? Cause that's about all I play on there.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Lol Rayman's come full-circle from being the popular brand to launch the risky new IP of Rabbids into existence, to only appearing as an extra to the popular Rabbids brand.

At the very least he should've gotten into Smash Bros if they're gonna let him play alongside Mario characters like this :colbert:.
I don't know that he's an extra. Looks like it could be more like the entire other Donkey Kong adventure from the previous game's DLC.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Can I get Sports Story already?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ragequit posted:

Hell yes, Sports Story this December
Finally! I was starting to think that was dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Have $50 eshop credit, trying to decide what to get:
-Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
-Ace Attorney: Turnabout Collection + a year of switch online
-the Ogre Battle remake

Could use suggestions thanks
Is it a year online with the expansion pack? If not I wouldn't let that influence your decision at all.