Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Do the shin megami games go on sale often? I'd like to participate but I haven't beaten Dread yet (last boss) and have only beaten one of the castlvania advance games and only a little into actraiser. Will it hit $30 ever or is it like most first party nintendo that only fluctuates like $5 ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

hatty posted:

Digitally very often, physically never, they go up in price even

Thanks, I can wait a bit. Boy it looks like a shin megami game good!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I beat metroid. I liked it a lot. It's just so much more fun than other platformers. Release prime you cowards.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

TheHoosier posted:

How's the performance on XCOM 2? Been thinking about picking up that and Age of Calamity, but I'm worried the performance on XCom will be utter dogshit

It is actually pretty good, in my opinion. Loading screens are brief, the fidelity/detail isn't great but definitely passable. I play it and enjoy it a ton more than on the PS4

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Alan_Shore posted:

Dark Souls again: just got cursed for no reason (I was hit once by a frog and died even though I had loads of health) in the Depths.

So now I have half life until I get a stone or someone heals me? What a wonderful and confusing mechanic that ensures I have to spend half hour getting out of the dungeon to seek a cure.

Sorry dude, this caused me to ragequit and abandon Dark Souls before I returned to the series.

You can get a healing item from 2 NPCs, on in the aqueduct that leads from the central bonfire to the under burg. This is the tunnel and required you to open a shortcut that's near the Capra Demon. I think she sells the purging stone more cheaply than the other guy.

The other npc location is in the belfry that you went up after the gargoyle fight.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
These games are for juveniles or perverts and not for the intellectual, now if you'll excuse me I must to return to my Nabokov...

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Commander Keene posted:

Don't stand so close to me.

I didn't think people were acquainted with Aristophanes

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1468265991557861383?t=Cx7bj5wj2Wv3Hu3OT0lOyg&s=19

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

OhFunny posted:

I don't think anyone's mentioned it, but at if you scroll all the way down the Featured section of the eShop. Nintendo has added a box that will show you a list of games by the highest average play time over the last two weeks.

This is the third highest behind only Disgaea 6 and Football Manager 2022.

I'm kinda surprised there people use the Switch as a digital clock.

Is there an LP?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

American McGay posted:

Video gaming is so dire rn lol

It hasn't been this bad since q3 2021

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

American McGay posted:

N64 games have never run "perfectly fine" on any piece of hardware ever in the history of the world, including on an N64.

The GameCube ran them just fine.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The other thing to know is those are generally not mandatory to beat the game. If you're not having fun don't force yourself through them.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What is a picross?

Sudoku with hentai. Right up your alley.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Pat Mustard posted:

Is resident evil 4 on switch as good as it was on GameCube?

GameCube? Yeah. Wii? No, poo poo. No it's not.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

beer gas canister posted:

Wii made RE4 too easy. Also couldn't they do a similar control scheme with gyros or whatever?

I'm sorry you hate fun game controlling. Could they? Probably, I dunno I'm a loving idiot. But they haven't and that sucks because I beat the game cube and wii versions and the game cube tank controls are a little more tense but gyro is more FUN

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Wildtortilla posted:

The final boss of dread can gently caress off. I’m not having fun anymore. :(

You can do it. Each phase has some bullshit new stuff but you'll get it. When he's gold you shouldn't bother shooting him. What are you having trouble with?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
What neo geo games available on the switch are good? Any genre.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Junkie Disease posted:

Counterpoint Dark souls mostly has real boring weapons and doesn't have sheild surfing and dope rear end archery

They are both good games OP. What do you mean boring weapons? It's not like BotW has incredible variety.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Social Animal posted:

Big Tournament Golf (renamed from Neo Turf Masters), Blazing Star, Magical Drop 3 (Money Puzzle Exchanger if you want more), Puzzle Bobble 2, Metal Slug series (5 is my favorite but most people love 3) and Shock Troopers. For fighting games Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The King of Fighters 98 or 2002, Last Blade 2 or Samurai Shodown 2. There's no online play so if you want that maybe skip the fighting games.

Thank you!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Silver Falcon posted:

I am at the final boss of Dread and he is a capital D Dick. I am not a fan. :mad:

When it's gold you shouldn't bother shooting. Bait parries and blast it then.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Silver Falcon posted:

I can consistently get to his third phase, but from there he just wrecks me. I really do not like this man.

power bombs explode that dark circle thing and give you a massive amount of health and missles

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Silver Falcon posted:

HOLY poo poo YES that was the exact thing I needed to know to beat his rear end! I did iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :woop: :woop: GAME BEATEN!

Awesome!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Fuligin posted:

started smtv... these school uniforms are sick as hell

I liked how they made the main character androgynous. I didn't like how they gendered him nearly immediately. Better writing would have left it up to the player to interpolate the player gender.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Triple Triad alone is better than any whole game in the FF series imo except for 8, because it includes Triple Triad as part of it.

It's better than 8 because 8 has a stupidly large install file size for just triple triad.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

flavor.flv posted:

I don't think it's possible to spoil final fantasy 8, everything just comes out of nowhere with no build-up. Laguna is Squall's dad. That should be a big spoiler but it doesn't effect the story in any way

Well it changes whether I'm gonna romance him or not

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Twelve by Pies posted:

Speaking as someone who has a high tolerance for anime bullshit, does anyone know anything about Demon Gaze? The description talks about the MC being able to control demons and the screenshots make it look like a turn based JRPG, so it sort of looks like SMT But Even More Anime. Which I'd kind of be into, as long as it's halfway decent.

It's very anime. Like super duper anime. It's a first person dungeon crawler like Labarynth of Refrain, or wizardry but between excursions the story goes to some weird slightly perverted places. The dungeons are just fine and I like the party construction better than Labarynth. It's fine. No way I'm paying 60 for it though.

It's not as perverted as dungeon travelers 2 if you've played that on a Sony sysyem.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I turn gyro of because I'm old as gently caress and forget it's on some games. It's me. I suck.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Stux posted:

i dont care about trickling content out if its free frankly.

Marry me

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Tiny metal is 7.50 in the US store. Is it a better advance wars clone than War groove? Smaller maps and achievable turn based strategy? Or should I just wait for advance wars?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Ender lilies might be up your alley, or not. Easy metroidvania

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

how is diablo 2 on the switch are the controls and interface good for a console port?

They've added a button where you can tell the Amazon that she'd look better if she smiled more.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Inzombiac posted:

Everyone shut the gently caress Pokey & Rocky is getting remastered for the Switch!!!!!

I willed this into existence. not really, but I did post about it sometime in the last year or so itt.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Fly Ricky posted:

Rogue Squadron was rad as hell at the time.

It still is. Maybe the best star wars game ever. I only say maybe because I haven't played every single star war game

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Evil Fluffy posted:

My condolences that you've never played TIE Fighter, XvT, or even XWA.

Yeah, I've heard those were good. Honestly Dead Space 1 is the best star wars game

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

loudog999 posted:

I’m planning on finally starting Baldur’s Gate for the first time. Would it be better to play on the switch with the new controller support they added or iPad? I also have it on PC but would rather not play on it.

404notfound posted:

I actually was pretty satisfied with the controller scheme and played both 1 and 2 with it. They made things about as convenient as you can without it having to be a complete overhaul of the Infinity engine

I agree. It's slightly cumbersome managing inventory but overall it's pretty user friendly and if it gets you to play one of the better (fantasy) narrative games then you should do it.

It's surprisingly beautiful. Just learn how to breach mage spell defenses. That part is no fun.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Thunder Bear posted:

I've never seen anything made in TierMaker that was even remotely correct.

I am the assasins creed of posting because my best work is best in C

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

man nurse posted:

I’ve got a feeling

FF 6 remaster is due out this month. What if that releases tomorrow, and the direct announces all six are now available on switch as part of the Direct

Mark it, Dude

This makes sense.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Not a dealbreaker necessarily. (Ok a little bit of dealbreaker).

I wouldn't mind playing a streamlined FF1. I always liked that game and it's D&D with numbers filed off class set-up. Is there any good throwback class-based RPG like that on the market? Not Octopath, I already played and beat it and sold it back (with a minimum of regret). I don't see myself replaying it, just need to listen to the music is all. No lie, it's definitely a top 10 maybe top 5 JPRG soundtrack depending on how you're ranking. I don't even want a lot of plot. Just some heroes in rather strict classes that you set out on a quest to kill monsters and then level up. I've come to the realization I'm no good with Job Systems, I say this while still having Bravely Default to finish. I checked out either the Fire or Earth temple, I can't remember. I should get back to it...

The saga final fantasy legend Gameboy games are close.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How streamlined are the re-releases? I can deal with old-school bullshit, but I'll admit the touches of modern RPGs are nice.

None, no quality of life changes, just old fashioned RPG. The first one is rough but the 2nd and 3rd have enough of a story and structure so they aren't that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
There's gonna be some advance wars remake fluffing in there.