Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Arist posted:

I had the bad luck of being the very last post in the other thread, so I'm just going to repost it here:

As for fishing for seals, getting a proper card onto a proper dps will give your party a better damage increase than getting that 5% bonus for yourself on Astrodyne.

I haven't noticed anything about in-combat timing. As soon as my DoT connects, I can card and get seals.

One thing I haven't seen brought up yet about Macrocosmos, as that the heal from Microcosmos is instant. Like, you press the button and the HP is there. No waiting for animation or travel, just boom +hp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Vermain posted:

It seems like they've updated the tick rates for certain actions, though not for all of them. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm told that SCH shields apply near-instantly now, and Eukrasian Dosis has none of the usual lag time of healer DoTs; you hit the button and it's on the guy.

Seems like it. Did a quick test on SCH and the shield even applies before the HP, if the UI is to be believed. Similarly with Celestial Intersection.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Eimi posted:

I hate the new scorch sound effect, kind of drives me away, stupid as that is.

So I'm not going crazy. I thought some spells got new effects.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Dragongem posted:

Man I really hope I can at least play in the mornings in my time off next week. Just got some free time and it's a 2k person queue already.

I've basically been unable to play during the week because I have things like "a kid" and "chores". It would be more tolerable if I could even just get in queue and not have to babysit it. I'm on a good enough wireless connection, but I can't do a wired thanks to the fun placement of the cable connection. At this rate I'll finish Heavensward by March :v:

My mornings, before noon, for the last week have been <100 person queues. Today is the weekend so it'll be chaos all day.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

homeless snail posted:

Yes. But there's also, the tragic real life circumstances that resulted in her being less in the story, in general.

This probably had nothing to do with her role in the story.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm thinking that because swiftcast has an ogcd delay, as does thin air, it won't work as advertised.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Here are a couple random thoughts I have as a healer:

I'm not going to see your raise macro because I'm swiftcasting raise on them at the same time.
I'm not going to see your living dead macro because I'm looking at the HP bars/status ailments and I can see your living dead buff.
I actually just generally don't look at party chat much of the time anyways. Judging by how people respond or react to party chat mid combat, I'm not alone here.

Also, I don't know if it's wildly known yet, but if someone is slowcasting a spell at a target, be it a raise or damage spell, it shows their target number / letter beside the cast bar in the party status window. Here's an example from the patch notes:

At least this way you can prevent two people from casting on the same target.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Vitamean posted:

your cohealer opts to use the exact same macro after 2+ people die. the person they raised first hasn't accepted their raise yet. you hit this macro.

Same thing happens when they both swiftcast raise someone.

Bigger issue is:

Arist posted:

Also, what if you need to rez a red mage first, who will typically appear near the very end of the party list?

There's priority in raises.

But I don't imagine they're doing anything difficult so whatever.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Random thought: The miniboss theme is better than the boss one. But I admit the boss one 'fits' more for a final boss of a dungeon.

Agreed. Miniboss theme is one of my favourite EW tracks.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Awful lot of people in the 89 and 90 dungeons lately that don't have their AF gear...

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Arist posted:

Do you get your AF gear before the 89 dungeon? I remember it being after.

It's right after, but I was running it with people that didn't have the newbie bonus. As well as expert roulettes for the 90.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

queeb posted:

I'm out healing the healers I get in roulettes as warrior. Primal rend is amazing, bloodwhetting is the best button ever and yeah, I'm having an amazing time tanking on war

This isn't even an exaggeration. I power levelled Sage with my friend who was levelling Warrior, and for a lot of pulls I'd get by with a single Taurochole. Bloodwhetting was just them being at full hp for 6 seconds, and Thrill / Equillibrium would cover what my Kardia heals wouldn't.

A couple of the bigger pulls would take a modicum of effort, but I'd rarely have to dip into my toolkit for them.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Annath posted:

I don't think I unlocked any of the Alliance Raids other than the Crystal Tower ones needed to progress the MSQ... I'll have to look up how to get them.

What is Bozja exactly? Is it like a dungeon? Or a special zone?

Bozja is a special zone, an iteration of Eureka, that works like this:

You're synced to level 80, abilities and gear. Character progression is based off your Mettle level, which you earn while in the zone.
Grinding mobs helps spawn fates. Doing this fates spawns Critical Engagements, which are bosses that get cordoned off in the zone, that you queue for while in the zone with 24/48 other people. Certain engagements can also spawn solo duels, which you are allowed to queue for if you complete the critical engagement without failing any mechanic. They're hard fights that require good mechanics and preparation.
You get unique potions called essences which can provide huge stat boots or alter your characters normal abilities, like one that decreases healing output but ramps up damage dealt.
There are also special abilities you can find that get equipped onto your duty action bar, that range from minor utility to incredibly powerful.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It should start in the Doman Enclave Kugane with a quest called Hail to the Queen, after you've beaten all the Stormblood Ivalice raids and followup quests.

You need to be 71 to enter, but that that point it will sync you up to 80.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 15, 2021

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Actually got around to getting my second extreme trial clear last night. Probably the quickest two trials I've done, totalling 3 lockouts for the two first-clears.

Wild fights though, had a good time learning them. If anyone is new or hasn't wanted to get into the "hard" difficulty stuff, I'd say now is the time to try. There are a couple rough spots in both fights, but the first is extremely generous with deaths, and the second can play almost entirely just following the leader for the harder mechanics.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Venuz Patrol posted:

the cryptlurker nouliths and imperial wings are both good as hell

Yeah the Cryptlurker ones work well with my glam.

I also like the ones from Dohn Mheg, and there's a crafted set with some purple effects that look good. Can't remember the name.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kazy posted:

I like the Cryptlurker ones in theory and as their own thing, but they feel a bit too non-tech. I like the high-tech look of the AF ones. Also I like how the Wings are while sheathed, the Pendulum and Milpreve types don't look as cool on my back imo.

My Sage glamour looks pretty rough so I like the dirty, wrapped up look of the Cryptlurkers.

I think it's cool how there are at least three styles of sheathed nouliths. Some line up, like ////, some cross like wings, //\\, and some make an X or clover shape.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

DeathSandwich posted:

Speaking of, how are people liking sage now that they've had time with it? My first 90 was SUM, but I cannot ever get SCH to work for me as a healer and I'm looking to level either my 80 WHM or sage. Sge seems interesting from the handful of Dungeons I've done, but I'm not as intricately familiar with it as I am whm so I don't really know one way or the other.

I've been maining Astro since 3.0, and with both at 90, Sage is making me rethink that. It might just be the new job experience, but they feel like a very streamlined, well thought out job. They're extremely oGCD based, and their shields are instant casts, so they facilitate even more movement and quicker responses than Scholar.

And to be perfectly frank, having a gap closer on a healer is so fun.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I was disappointed the WHM and BLM staves didn't have saws or moving parts on them.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Sages have an attack where they just punch the poo poo out of the enemy and they explode*. It's rad as hell.

*not quite, but that's what it looks like.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's no balance to upset if they added another regen or shield healer. It literally wouldn't matter if there was 3 choices for one slot, and 2 for the other. That's like saying they can't add a caster, because it would unbalance them against phys ranged.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, a time caster in a pointy hat that shoots stars would step on astrologian's aesthetic a bit much. A melee bruiser with a big hammer and time-altering effects could be cool.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm trying to think what weapons from the franchise haven't been used yet that they can use for new jobs.

Flails
Boomerangs
Bells
Brushes
Handbags

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah I just wanted to make a joke about the handbag weapons from fft.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The PotD scythes don't have chainsaws on them.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

cheetah7071 posted:

Dragons own let's go to dragonland

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
1000 people an hour seems like a pretty decent queue speed for me the past week.

Haven't had any network or stability issues until yesterday though. Was getting huge lag spikes every 30 seconds or so that persisted for a good half hour before I just gave in to a restart, and then had a directx11 crash. The previous couple weeks have been otherwise rock solid.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You get a title?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I thought dungeons were pretty fast already. I was doing a level in like 3.5 dungeons.

Wonder what it would go to now.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Draxion posted:

I think in Shadowbringers it was three exactly, I'd guess they're tuning it up a little to reach that.

Yeah, this tracks. I power leveled sage with a 70 warrior friend through dungeons, and it was about 3 in ShB.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Onean posted:

Aside from Elidibus's robes, It's from Emet-Selch, when Venat first shows up. I think Elidibus explains his white robes way back in ARR when he and the WoL first talk, though I can't double check right now.

White robes are for those who are proven impartial and trustworthy, or something like that. They didn't directly link to a seat, present of otherwise.

SirSamVimes posted:

That's not a mystery, it's basically stated. He has a white robe, refers to being part of the convocation and in the teaser he even had Elidibus' voice.

He's not part of the convocation. He said he works with an organization that works with the convocation. Teaser voice was still 100% our Elidibus though so he's either lying or will take the seat eventually.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ImpAtom posted:

The Savage version will be dyeable most likely, right? I like some of those designs but pure white ain't doin it for me.

That's how it tends to be.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
P1 is a complete joke of a fight, but the latter will be more interesting. People will be more experienced though, so it's a tradeoff.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Gruckles posted:

24mans need to let us votekick people from the other parties IMO

This would be great.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mordiceius posted:

It’s not that you “don’t enjoy hard content.” It’s that you “don’t want to have to do any content that requires any thought at all.”

The only “hard” content in the game is ex trials and savage raids, for the most part.

To act like the Ivalice raids or Nier raids are “hard content” is insane.

As much as I disagree with almost everything Cythereal says, hard content is a very subjective term. Any number of things can be at play here, ranging from motor control, reflexes, attention, concentration, memory, multitasking, timing, anxiety, or even lazyness or apathy. I know plenty of people who struggle with story-level content at min ilevel, and I know they're trying. I'm not going to begrudge anyone for that.

ADR queue manipulation is still bullshit though.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ibram Gaunt posted:

MSQDR is the highest XP to time activity in the game tho??

It's also the most boring, and that's my only criteria.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm not sure if it's bad satire or just an idiot.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

multijoe posted:

No I'm pretty confident we can map this fictional fantasy empire one-to-one onto an IRL nation

Yep. They're Canada.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I think saying level 50 is just shy of feeling complete is a bit generous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

iPodschun posted:

This is a positive for me

No kidding. Trash fights are garbage. Trash fights with gimmicks are annoying garbage.