Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

It's probably one of the strongest moments in the game. They pull no punches. Facism and imperialism are a helluva drug.

In all seriousness though I'm glad they didn't back down from showing what this kind of imperialist, nationalistic brain poisoning can do to someone. The leaders have all got Qanon level brain poisoning. The average citizens are just brainwashed by a lifetime of fascist propaganda.

At least he ordered his troops to stand down first. A real Nazi would have ordered them to attack and then ate his gun.

Unrelated, my only major disappointment with Stormblood is that they didn't have time to make Ala Mhigo a real city zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, gently caress doing the raids that are fun and interesting, i want to do LotA and ST until the day I die

take off your pants

and whatever else until your ilevel is only in the ARR range

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Charles Get-Out posted:

Are any of the role quests actually good? I haven't heard anything positive and the magic dps one was really meh. Like, okay, coda for Ishgard, but covering parts I don't really care about.

I've only done the healer and tank ones so far but they're ok. Tank is The Kan-E-Senna Show

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It's a long ways off but I'll guess two new DPS next expansion, a melee that shares Scouting gear and a caster that gets the dots they took away from everyone else

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Does the guard at the Garlean Embassy in Kugane have anything new to say after the story's over? Having an embassy at all by that point seems kind of incongruous but weirder things have happened in RL politics so I guess its not that crazy.

Sadly not. I say hi to my buddy Festus every once in a while to see if he ever has anything new to say, and they never update him. Seems like an oversight.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

if you hate Zenos you get to use the "I have had enough of you" option like Kirk kicking that Klingon in the face, so the ending is still a win

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 20, 2021

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

Please tag your spoilers.

Right I forgot which thread I was in, sorry

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

bagrada posted:

Is the command to shrink summons available to anyone or does the summoner have to do it? Because it really was awkward trying to see boss tells around titan's badonkadonk in the final trial. First time I've had an issue with that.

It is a client-side command. You *must* do it yourself because the size the Summoner has chosen doesn't affect what you see.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I am extremely bad at the game's combat mechanics and that is frustrating at times but I get through them for the sake of seeing more story

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

For the Stormblood thing meteor9 he beats you up because he's a better fighter than you. That's literally it, he's better at fighting than you until you reach the end of the story and have trained up and gotten stronger and can now kick his poo poo in instead. Zenos straight up starts the expansion at level 70 when you're trying to fight him at level 61 or whatever it is. That's the whole deal, the stolen echo is later, but at the start he's literally just more skilled at fighting than you in the way that is nearly insurmountable because he's dedicated his life to learning to fight good.

That's how I interpreted Stormblood, besides the actual plot the whole thing is structured as an anime training arc. You get your rear end kicked, go to the other side of the world to fight and level up, then come back and win

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm about 10 ilevels short, time to grind

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ascian souls are still just aether. Nothing shields them from getting absorbed by a dragon's eye and then consumed. In his case, his aether was exhausted creating Shinryu and destroyed by Estinian post-menagerie.

So if Elidibus was still a conscious soul trapped in the tower, that means Lahabrea was trapped inside the eye seeing everything going on around him until that battery got discharged. lol

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I frequently focus target someone who seems to know what they're doing and try to follow them around

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Control Volume posted:

I started skipping cutscenes near the end and Orbonne coincidentally turned into my favorite alliance raid

The theater company is the only story in this game I recommend skipping cutscenes on

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

doing three guildhests for that challenge log entry doesn't seem like a bad XP return on the 10 minutes or so it takes

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

DeathSandwich posted:

Use your barrier, either Magic Barrier for RDM, manaward for BLM, or Radiant Aegis for Summoner. It's suppose to be turbo skin of your teeth.

I didn't need any of those and thought it was a pretty easy fight on normal. But I picked up my role gear when it became available at level 89.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like LotA because I know all the mechanics, so if the raid wipes it's not my fault and therefore is very funny

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

think I'm going to have to change my gatherer retainer to a male bun and dress him like a Gleaner

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Seems like a common theme in the story that bad people are often that way because their life has never really given them a chance to be any other way

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

how do you list competent female characters from Stormblood and leave out Naago

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'd assume anyone who grew up in Sharlayan is culturally more Sharlayan than anything else.

Aren't Viera supposed be like 90% female because they send their males off to live alone in the wilderness where most of them die? But the Viera living in Sharlayan are about 50/50 so presumably Nyunkrepf grabbed a tribe of them and their lifestyle changed completely once they were out of the woods.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like the Scions' quaint old outfits, except for the twins, who never should have been dressed alike

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Loporrits: Puddingway is the more obvious comic relief, but I find it funnier that Sleepingway is the pilot

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 27, 2021

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Queue times will probably spike tomorrow as everyone gets their weekly raid loot

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

high end raiders are often cutscene skippers, they don't know who they're fighting or why and don't care

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

that dumbass Imperial Roegadyn kept coming back for more

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Isn't ultima thule also the closest you can get to "final fantasy" in Latin?

I don't know Latin

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 28, 2021

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

Right, he was an rear end in a top hat that was making you do busy work for a bunch of quests and now hes a "little sun"

I think they recognized nobody could take Magnai seriously after that scene, least of all the characters who witnessed it, so why try?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mister Olympus posted:

i think the reason they didn't announce the third in endwalker is the same reason they only showed concept art for a certain zone - any amount of actual detail would have been a HUGE spoiler as to what the expansion would do.

I will be very disappointed if it's not the Omicrons rebuilding the cafe at the edge of the universe.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I liked Summoner before and I like it now

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

central dogma posted:

The armoire should be able to store cash shop glams.

It should be able to story anything that isn't dyeable too

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The problem with, for example, event glam items that do go in the Armoire is that they can't be dyed in the Armoire. That's not a problem if you're just dying something one of the cheap colors from the vendor but if you want to make it general black and don't want to spend 600k gil every time, it has to go in the dresser.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The problem is that it's then taking a dresser spot.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Travic posted:

This does call into question something else he spoiled. He said that the reason we're immune to tempering is that Hydaelyn has already tempered us. I though it was because of the Echo which predates Hydaelyn based on what Elidibus said?

Yeah your friend is wrong about this, and an idiot. You have two separate but related superpowers, the Echo, and a magic ward placed on you by Hydaelyn that you know as the Blessing of Light, both of which make your soul more resilient and resistant to corruption and combined make you almost immune to things that damage a soul.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Pwnstar posted:

Square, where is my quest for teaching Matsya how to go on a date with his crush?

I'm not sure he should want my help with anything (non-violent, at least) after I failed to sell any of his fish

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've been playing a fem roe all this time but I keep thinking of trying other races. I swear one day I'll stop thinking about it and buy a pack of fantasias.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think all the tanks can solo most bosses if their time is worthless

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm really curious what kind of capstone they'll make for the Endwalker role quests, because ultimately they're all about following up old plot threads that didn't fit into the EW MSQ. What else could tie them all together?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

With leveling roulette, if you have an actual party of four, the party leader can and should turn on the Limited Roulette option which limits it to the 2 or 3 highest level dungeons that all four people in the party can do. So if you're all level 76 you'll only get a ShB dungeon in leveling, and so on. It at least keeps you from ever seeing Toto-Rak. Can't do if you queue less than a Light Party though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Most knowledgeable people I know do not give unsolicited advice prior to a trial or raid wipe because too many people get belligerent if they think you're telling them how to play

e: basically what I'm saying is if you don't know a mechanic, please ask because odds are one of the 3-7 people you're with will explain it. obv this may not apply if you join a savage raid in raidfinder

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 7, 2022