Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I just finished Zone 5 :tviv:
Game's so good.

Professor Beetus posted:

As someone whose trying to make it to zones 5 and 6 without spoilers due to how I see goons hyping it up, can anyone tell me without spoilers why it's so :holkyfuck: for people? I feel like based on the goon reactions so far I'm going to go into it with the same kinds of unrealistic expectations that Marvel fans have going into the Spider-Man.

you'll know why when you get there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I have beaten Endwalker. It was fantastic. Couldn't have asked for a better conclusion.
When the full background music for Ultima Theume comes in...man.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it definitely should not have been two expansions.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

imo it’s good for an expansion to be surprising and have a lot that happens in it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Random thought: The miniboss theme is better than the boss one. But I admit the boss one 'fits' more for a final boss of a dungeon.

I agree

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

nah everything in Endwalker connects together pretty cohesively
you might as well call Chrono Trigger “disjointed” too

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I really really really like Summoner now, definitely gonna try to get this to Level 90

Augus fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 15, 2021

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cicadalek posted:

I think the influx of players has really exposed the flaws of the special FATE chains. Everyone really wants the tv mount, but it could spawn anywhere within a multi-hour window every three days. It's most likely to spawn towards the end of that window, but it might spawn earlier, so the only way to be sure you get it is camping the spawn point for hours, making sure to move every 30 mins so you don't get kicked.

You could just rely on guildmates or friends to tell you when its spawned, but good luck getting into the zone instance as soon as word gets out - and even if you can, you better hope no one pulled it early.

I was lucky enough to get in on the one that spawned last night. I get why the spawn is randomized but the thing is that It spawns very quickly after the notification shows up and is likely to instantly aggro on one of the hundreds of people waiting on top of the platform, and then it dies in a minute to the meatgrinder of 600 players. If you’re in the instance but on the other side of the zone when it spawns you’re likely not to make it in time. So yeah it heavily favors the strategy of “idle in one spot for like 48 hours”

Augus fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 15, 2021

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Charles Get-Out posted:

Are any of the role quests actually good? I haven't heard anything positive and the magic dps one was really meh. Like, okay, coda for Ishgard, but covering parts I don't really care about.

The melee DPS one was pretty fun

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

central dogma posted:

The Christian Soft Rock playing on repeat in the final zone is unfortunate. So is the Lost Prophets song in Stigma.

this is hosed up

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this Christian Rock

it definitely rocks

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

has anybody ever been able to claim “our game was so popular we had to stop selling it”

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

wrong thread

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I will listen to the power ballad for 1000 hours and like it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kerrzhe posted:

rest in peace, kings

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

P4 ruled
we’re just straight-up fighting Dracula now

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Labyrinth - Boring
Syrcus - Boring but nice music
WoD - Pretty cool

Void Ark - Boring and ugly
Weeping City - Ozma owns, rest is alright
Dun Scaith - Dope

Rabanastre - Dope
Ridorana - Dope
Orbonne - Super dope

Copied Factory - Boring, Engels fight dragged on even with max ilvl
Puppy Bunkbed - Dope
Tower - Dope

These are my objectively correct opinions

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dragoon buff :woop:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SUCH DEVASTATION
THIS WAS NOT MY INTENTION

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they're finally making the graphics better :aaaaa:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol at them stressing "no, the game isn't suddenly gonna look like Horizon, don't be stupid"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i want them to show photorealistic urianger

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ardbert gonna be more kissable than ever

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

high res catgirls and bunny boys are the real power play to keep the playerbase from falling off post-Endwalker

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh man we are gonna get some amazing shots of high-res NPCs standing next to old ones that haven't been updated yet

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tataru sidequest chain :tviv:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TgO-tN5wAM

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Moofia Boss Val posted:

Seems like this will be a pretty lukewarm expansion cycle.

:goofy:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Moofia Boss Val posted:

I'd look forward to the patches if we got new questing zones in the patches. Maybe see other imperial provinces, like Nagxia. Would also be nice if places that were hyped up during the ShB patches but then we didn't wind up going to, such as the capital of Werlyt. Would also be quite nice if Matsuno's storyline got the conclusion it deserved with a final assault on the city of Lea Monde and the onscreen liberation of Dalmasca. A new job like Beastmaster would have made the patches more exciting.

two extra weeks between patches

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Moofia Boss Val posted:

Those were grind zones aka Timeless Isle clones, not questing zones like an actual questing zone. You didn't get to go into any towns or talk to townspeople or do quests there. Just kill mobs for 500 hours until you got all of your glowing Halo weapons. I liked the design of the critical engagements, though. Should be standard for FATEs going forward.

this gimmick sucks rear end

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh my god lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Watch the name of the first 6.1 quest be the most heinous pun yet

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

theironjef posted:

Guys I don't think Final Fantasy XIV is the greatest game of all time, who wants to line up to mock and deride me and my stupid willing face?

im gonna kick your friggin rear end

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I liked Ranjit, even if his motivations weren't the most fleshed out. He had a strong presence as the muscle for the baddies and worked well as a foil for Good Dad Thancred

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

4 whole dungeons in the Expert roulette? YoshiP you’re spoiling us

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

faster Jumps for dragoons let’s go :woop:

e:

Bruceski posted:

Dragoon gets to do the thing!

drat that’s cool, might have to touch PvP for the first time in ages now

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao @ the dialogue choice where you blame everything on Yshtola

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

New PvP is...actually fun???

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Finally got around to doing the new alliance raid. Very fun set of fights, the end boss theme kicked rear end.
Cant believe we finally got to see Thal’s balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vitamean posted:

yes

Note that you can also see each person's LB charge, both on your team and the opponents. Very useful to realize that the dragoon who just had full bar and went untargetable might be Up To Something.

love being a dragoon and doing an orbital drop onto the enemy healer’s head