Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Why are SMN job quests so boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

someone get this poor man a fantasia holy poo poo

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
ugghhh i dont wanna do the MSQ i just wanna do stupid poo poo left and right but there’s so much of it that only unlocks in heavensward

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i’m about to do the steps of whatever so I know I am CLOSE. i just want to loving fish………but all fisher actions are questlocked!!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i did it!!!! watching the Giant Cutscene right now.

God, from the very moment Ilberd appeared in this game I expected him to betray me. I'm so smart.

goblin week fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 10, 2023

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Funky Valentine posted:

Then their next cutscene is Allie ragequitting the plot and the mystique instantly vanishes.

That was so loving bizarre to me. I still don't know if she's coming back because it's not like I've seen any fanart of that character ever

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I also thought Alphinaud is a chode but then I learned that he's neurodivergent and a minor and I reduced my expectations :shobon:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Alexander is a fun name for a Primal. Imagine if God was named „Matthew”

Anyway I did the coils! I can’t help but feel like this was lore I should’ve learned without posting a party finder between the dark academia and male viera roleplay ads lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sentient Data posted:

To celebrate page 1000, here's your friendly reminder to not use /ptime unless you want to turn to dust

blimey

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
no loving way it was 366 hours. I’ve only played one game for this long before

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Deviant posted:

i'm sorry, your what

the great about FFXIV isn't being a catboy, it's getting ear scritches from others

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
jesus. maybe i'll get to Shadowbringers before this ends

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sentient Data posted:

As funny as it may seem, this is exactly the kind of post that stops self conscious casuals from playing in goon groups

Naw I don't even know what that post means. I just slam my buttons whenever

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Not even the most self-conscious person will feel about the kinda callout when it proves that the other guy is an excel spreadsheet maker

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Clerical Terrors posted:

I don't do savage/extreme because I am incapable of not judging myself.

I don’t do savage because I’m a gentleman

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Just beat Ravana. I feel like out of all the primals so far it's the best one to get tempered by. Just a guy having a good time

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I want a new crafting/gathering class. 1.0 was supposed to have a „Shepherd” job that met the same fate as Musketeer and I want it back

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Retainer job.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vitamean posted:

my impression was shepherd was meant to be a gathering class for monster drops (wool, fangs, and such). they've sorta "solved" this with bicolored gemstones and the whole fantasy of keeping them on a pasture got picked up by island sanctuary.

I only have roughly another 300 hours to go until I get there and that's without spending time on the dailies :cripes: aaahhh

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Onean posted:

In other news, and what I came here to post, they've added the 6.4 site. There's nothing in it aside from a text list of upcoming features and the splash art:

aaaahhhhhhhh

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Getting ahead in the Heavensward MSQ finally. Holy poo poo Ishgard sucks. Why did we save them from dragons

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

mikemil828 posted:

Since you are in Heavensward, if you haven't already, you might want to pick up Dark Knight. Just saying.

I did! And the first impression just reinforces my dislike of the Elezen :P

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

stev posted:

I've hit 40 in fishing and it's so much better than levelling any of the other crafting or gathering jobs. It's just... nice. It doesn't feel like a grind.

you might say you got hooked

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Antivehicular posted:

"What is the bare minimum you absorb about the plot of FF14 if you come in with no knowledge, skip every cutscene, and maybe don't read the text boxes all that attentively" would be an amazing experiment

I am v slowly learning the plot but my knowledge of future events is that you marry a catboy made of diamonds and go to the moon.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Oneiros posted:

thankfully they're adding (very bad) ai support for the bulk of the msq so no one will ever have to interact with another human being again in this mmo

AI never let me die in dzemael darkhold and then proceedes to wipe because they decided to rez the dps instead

FIVE TIMES

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Saint Freak posted:

The last Nier raid I did had a team with 3 dancers that all danced with the tank, and spent the entire time dead on the floor typing Dorito flavors in alliance chat. Not with any context. Just like all caps COOL RANCH. FLAMING HOT. Presumably unable to be kicked because in Alliances you're always either rolling for loot or in combat.

Anyways, I made sure to use feint optimally and it was probably the difference maker.

that was me sorry

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

hopeandjoy posted:

I pretty much open anything I’m new at with a “o/ first time here” or “o/ first time tanking this”. (The later is if I have run it before but I’ve never tanked it and I’m nervous.) I’ve never had anyone snippy about it.

Pro tip: always do this even if you have done this before. a harmless lie is good if it makes people not mad at me

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Kheldarn posted:

As a Machinist main, I'd be fine with removing Reassemble and rolling it into those.

Log off, Tedalgrinche

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I was doing Limitless Blue for the first time, failed (didn’t have enough DPS for the corona), got the Duty Failed cutscene, and then my internet provider connection bucked and I got logged out. Scared to log back in

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Do you think the QA characters get to have nice special glamours? I always ended up defaulting to whatever character's the fastest to make while testing poo poo, given that they get nuked at the end of the day, but MMOs have this whole persistency infrastructure that makes me really curious as to how it'd work

e: i wonder if the QAs for XIV have to be like, actually good at it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

ConanThe3rd posted:

I know it's not an original thought, and I have no idea about the numbers involved, but they really need to rebalance ARR / its postgame to be part of the overall Main Storyline Questline better.

That and allow you to, through some Dr Who bullshit, do the other two starting city's lv 01-10 quest line as those are kinda important in terms of establishing the other two city states.

They should delete the option to start in Gridania, for starters

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

quote:

The Limp status will no longer be applied to players who are attacked while riding a mount. If a player is attacked while mounted, they will now forcibly dismount and gain the Hoofing It status for 5 seconds.
thank chriust

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

FuturePastNow posted:

Eve Online's developers showed a chart once that showed about 90% of their new players quit in two weeks and 99% within 90 days

I cannot imagine why this would happen for Eve Online

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Blockhouse posted:

You can just make Eos Selene now.

that's some reborn doll poo poo imo.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Yeah I guess it wasn’t that funny. My train of thought was that glamouring an existing object to replace the one that’s gone is very similar to the (sadder kind of) reasoning behind reborn dolls

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Cleretic posted:

If I'm being completely honest that would be a huge negative for me if they did that. (Especially if it's Hoyoverse-tier voice acting, which is... let's be generous and say 'inconsistent'.)

Can you imagine Alexander's storyline fully voiced? I can't imagine it comes out of that being nearly as fondly-regarded.

Kobolds are voiced in ARR MSQ (being the only tribes members so far that were) and it was insanely lol. I can’t imagine the goblin illuminati being taken seriously when spoken out loud

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
If only XIV's settings specifically had a piece of technology that allows people to hang out in real time over distances

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Countblanc posted:

I really don't think any class in ffxiv is so complex as to befuddle anyone for many levels

Samurai?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

1stGear posted:

CBU3 made an absolute mountain of content for this game and somehow designed it so that none of it would ever truly be irrelevant.

Poisons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I can’t wait until I get to play the content with numbers in the name.