Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
they should replace alphinaud and alisae with a new character, alisae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I can understand someone who liked Shadowbringers bard not liking current bard, because it went from a bad job to a much more fun one - same with monk

It's ok to like bad jobs, I loved Stormblood mch and drk's Dark Arts but I can also acknowledge my brain worms and that the direction they went is probably correct in the long run

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Dots are good, they just need to implement them better. ShB Bard desperately needed Bane, I honestly would have preferred this (or adding the effect to Iron Jaws/Shadowbite) to what they did because there are already too few dot classes. They really should implement Pandemic timers like WoW, especially given the game's latency. In WoW — a game which has a ton of dot classes — you can refresh your dots when 30% of their duration is left and the time is added to the new dot so you have a lot more leeway for reapplying them.

They should also change a ton of debuffs to buffs on the player instead, because it is comical that you simply cannot apply dots in large group content in 2021. Looking at you Reaper!

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 27, 2021

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

Emmanellain is too much of a comic relief character for me to ship him with anybody

I'm curious though, who was willing to point him towards the Archon loaf? I didn't have the heart...

It was the best decision I made all expansion

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Is Tenacity worth materia-ing for as a tank?

If you are trying to optimize damage to meet dps checks in stuff like savage, no; if you want a cheap, comfy build to run ex dungeons and stuff it's pretty effective though, since you can mitigate a lot of damage on the wall-to-wall pulls compared to the avg raid fight

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ibblebibble posted:

Hit 90 on MNK and hot drat nu MNK kicks rear end.

Yeah, the monk and bard changes have turned both from my two least favourite jobs in the entire game to my two favourites for their archetypes. I feel for people who mained them before and miss the jank, but they feel so much better to play now (for me).

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
it's bullshit that bunshin turns into pk but minor arcana doesn't turn into crown play, please dear god save me from this bullshit ability

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Lord_Magmar posted:

See, I actually think I also like this as a use of vulnerability stacks. Making it about a slow grind way to kill someone via death of a thousand cuts for being hit by 20 balls.

I think another pretty hefty difference for WoW is that Healing in WoW seems to be a bit more generally involved than FFXIV. But I admittedly don’t play Healer in either so that’s just an outside perspective.

The two are not even really comparable. Occasionally in savage you have fights where the boss autos actually hurt the tank, like E8s, but most of the time you can just throw a regen on them and ignore them outside of recovering from tankbusters. Triage is not a thing, and neither is mana conservation. You learn the dance like a dps only you have two damage buttons and learn the points in the fight when you have to press your off-global aoe that heals everyone from 30% hp to 100%.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I am optimistic about the new pvp format but if the ttk isn't close to what it is with max battle high or flying high it's going to be frustrating to play.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
every day minor arcana continues in it's current form I lose a piece of my sanity

and whm got completely shafted again lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I should be able to throw lady of crowns at the boss, who says I can't???

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Zomborgon posted:

How many classes just have a "gently caress it, monk was right, punch time" button now?

I can see Sage, Summoner, Warrior

DRK punches the floor

PLD has the shield bash but that's borderline

sch

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
give whm enochian

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They really better have a future-proof plan for the glamour system going forward, way more important than even engine updates at this point

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
swear to god you broke brained psychos

let them give us some goddamn colour, game has been washed out for years

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
TATARU 🤲

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Plates are useless without dresser space, system needs to be modernized

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
if you put the twin's mom in 2b boots the game should just delete your hard drive

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
the cooler daniel yearbook meme is canon in ffxiv

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
laughing at everyone in chat asking about playable garleans

hey guys...have you played final fantasy fourteen???

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Not surprised by any of these. A lot of people will be like 'See! People don't like tall races!" when it's more that you can't make a decent face with the 2.0 races outside of Cat and Tater. Elezen and Roes especially desperately need the 7.0 graphical updates.

Hroth and Viera are quite underplayed, though they have really bad tech limitations, especially Hroth.

e: Also animations! I thought about swapping to Elezen for 6.1 but when I spun one up on another server I saw that the run animations are absolutely atrocious!

Firebert fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 16, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Kazy posted:

Posting this here since the /r/FFXIV mods deleted it (after 3700 upvotes) for not being relevant to FFXIV. :mad:

They delete any post that isn’t explicitly readable as FFXIV. If you slapped Y’shtola’s face on the train they would’ve left it up, the moderation is so stupid.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

They should put ilevel caps on duties that match the max ilevel when they launched. LOTA at i90 is still a breeze, but it is different place than at i130. Likewise Syrcus Tower should be capped to i110. This would solve a lot of the issues.

100%

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I got Suzaku on roulette today and using earthly star on p2 after months of ease was torture 😭

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Klewer posted:

I would like to see them do something about draw/play and minor arcana/crown play, but I think I know why those moves are divided into separate buttons and it may not be so easy to fix.

Nah, it makes no sense. Undraw should also go away because it’s a trap.

Ultimately, they should prolly just rework minor arcana because it’s lame.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

TopHatGenius posted:

Bozja mathbot is the superior mathbot indeed.

he doesn't do enough math! he just spams spin after a little math, it's bullshit!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

There's a giant list of gear that's getting the genderlock removed this patch, so I'd be surprised if either set is locked at release.

I'm like 99% sure they are genderlocked because they showed two pictures of them wearing the same outfit lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

So I finally got together the Late Allagan striking set, and I have to ask for any recommendations for matching MNK/SAM weapons

The Shinryu crafted weapons are really good for that set

Ironworks/Scaevan can probably also work with certain metallic dyes, the Scaevan tonfa especially are really rad

Firebert fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 9, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Even outside of dungeons where DRK is really strong, your healers probably curse your name under their breath.

Hopefully the healing potencies they get on Walking Dead are really strong, or they buff TBN to be on par with the other tanks.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
does minor arcana work at squeenix??

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Moen was was awful.

I’m glad they stopped using Urianger as a punching bag since ShB, he’s a good boy.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

idk how many times I ran this dungeon but first time I ever saw her drop I rolled a 96 :cloudnine:

Firebert fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 14, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

W.T. Fits posted:

That's pretty much exactly why they did it. So that people trying PvP for the first time who solo queue don't get matched against and destroyed by five stacks using Discord to communicate, which might make them less interested in playing PvP.

It’s trivial to make stacks queue into stacks, most games in tyool 2022 do this

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

Can anyone explain the aymeric in a blue elephant costume meme

https://imgur.com/a/tm1EkOo

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Thundarr posted:

I've never been able to figure out why they seem to have infinite money, but Riot definitely has the capability to make a top tier MMO once they decide to actually do it.

They've been developing one for a year now and have been poaching narrative and dev talent from all over the industry for the last several years to make it happen. They make ungodly amounts of money on skins in LoL and Valorant.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's like any other competitive game -- if you feel like you are way better than your rank, you should play carries and stomp them instead of playing support. I've had matches where I do double the damage of any other player which I couldn't do as WHM.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

No Dignity posted:

Imo Frontline should just be chucked in the bin and replaced with something else entirely. A wretched farce of a game mode

Frontlines should be a pvp survival mode for Maelstrom players vs. everyone else

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
This is Steve Irwin Animal farm

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I can’t believe they aren’t doing anything to frontlines — mode is basically unplayable and smn is untouched/joined by blm spamming poo poo now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The current EX and unreals are the easiest they've had in a while, this is the absolute best time to dip your toes into PF