Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
"From the day of his birth, articles were written saying that Max Emilian Verstappen would become Formula 1 world champion."

Uh-huh. So from literally the first day of his life, the son of failed F1 driver and domestic abuser Jos Verstappen was being vaunted in the press as a future world champion? Who wrote them, loving Nostradamus? Are there similar bet-hedging articles about Mick and David Schumacher or Alex Brundle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Azza Bamboo posted:

One thing that I've been pondering on is how things would look if we took each race of this year's calendar and shuffled it. How would we feel about Abu Dhabi if it was somewhere in the middle?
Abu Dhabi is one of the too many 'whatever' tracks, so it can go anywhere. But all seasons should end at Interlagos. :colbert:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Rotate through Monza, Imola and Mugello five or six times, with side trips to Melbourne, Spa, Suzuka and Interlagos. Maaaaybe also COTA, Baku and Monaco. But definitely not Silverstone.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

ilmucche posted:

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve owns tho. Why would Melbourne over that.
poo poo! How could I forget Canada? Amongst the many great things about it is that Jos is legally prohibited from attending.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Not sure about this Knight Rider reboot.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

learnincurve posted:

No no this is literally what happened, years later he admitted as much as well. Check out the 89 and 90 season reviews on F1 tv.

What made it worse is that Voldemort was literally a French Nazi and full on member of the SS who seems to have bribed his way out of the noose after the war.
"No, no, I was, er..." [fingers collar nervously]"...an undercover agent for the French Resistance! No, don't bother trying to find anyone to corroborate that, I'm sure they're all dead." [sweat beads on forehead]

And then he was replaced by Max Mosley. Huh, seems to be a theme.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
If you wear a watch that's anything more than one of those terrorist Casios you're throwing money away like a billionaire who bought an F1 team.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Moe Syzlak flies into a rage whenever F1 is on his bar's TV.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

tuo posted:

Out of interest: how is this actually controlled? Does the FIA have personal embedded in each factory that basically “works there” 24/7 and checks wind tunnel usage, origin of CAD-design (so no outside design can be brought in to prevent a pink Mercedes) etc.?
I was wondering how this is enforced as well, especially at teams which are part of a wider company. "Yes, I know the wind tunnel has been running 24/7 through February, but we're testing blue-sky concepts for our road car division that in no way could also be applicable to F1."

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I love(d) you, Philip Morris.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
drat, that F-whatever random number Ferrari have picked this year is a nice-looking car. Let's hope it goes as well as it looks and brings the Scud back to its old almost-winning-but-loving-themselves-over ways.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i'm currently training to become a trucker so that video is of great interest to me
Does the training now include making GBS threads in a carrier bag for that authentic Operation Stack experience?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Pearnicious posted:

For the horny Ferrari nuns ITT:

They should put it on the front of the car and terrify the poo poo out of anyone looking in their mirror. It looks like it's on its way to the Death Race.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

marshalljim posted:

Clownishly tacky watches and F1: a match made in heaven

When you want to spend a stupid amount of money on an ostentatious watch but don't actually care about being able to see what time it is.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

CancerCakes posted:

I want to care about it for exactly a week and then forget about it for ever like all fantasy comps
I checked it after every race but never changed my lineup or used a turbo driver or whatever because I couldn't be bothered, and still finished midfield. Maybe I should take over from Guenther.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
https://twitter.com/f1manager/status/1500863849360244736?s=21

Shame it'll be running the 2022 rules, the option to browbeat the race director over the phone would have been fun.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Now they need to bring back Hulk too for DTS comedy encounters.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The difference between Good Lad Seb now and Petulant Twat Seb in his Red Bull days is amazing. What change in culture and associates could have caused it, I wonder? Hmm. Hmmmmm.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Stroll is behind you, lurking. He's there right now. His hand is slowly reaching towards your unguarded throat.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
[Nods in approval]

Just watched the Haas episode of DTS, and the way the editors keep holding on Guenther for a couple of seconds too long after he says something "Oh I'm not stressed, I can even joke about this awful situation, ha!" to watch his expression collapse into Alonso-stare misery is masterfully cruel.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Best album is obviously Organic Life by DJ Squire.

Whoever did Buxton's makeup in DTS clearly didn't like him. Looks like someone smeared korma sauce across his forehead.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
K-Mag came back, so Hulk returned just to piss him off (and score more points in one race than Haas will all year).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Saw a BMW iX3 today that I only realised was electric because of the green tag on its plate. Was intrigued enough to look up how much it cost.

£61,000 for the base model. Get the gently caress out of here like it's the end of 2009, BMW.