Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
While I can't weigh in on other stuff, I will say Timby's medical issues were real. I talked to him about various issues, treatment plans etc on the phone a couple times. Medical debt coupled with chronic pain and illness can drive the best people to dark places. Not trying to stick up for him, but am trying to give some context and maybe explanation as to why whatever happened, happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

One thing I have learned in medicine, and Lee Majors will certainly atest to this, is that it is simultaneously incredibly hard and incredibly easy to kill someone. The body has all kinds of redundant mechanisms to keep you alive and some times they are foiled in seconds by like choking on a peanut.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Freaquency posted:

The south and not knowing how to handle snow, name a more iconic duo:

The north and not being able to handle a heatwave.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/DGarz83/status/1480044603634036736?t=wLcbMJ4aCnQnTP7S9tM2Gg&s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

To everyone but Lee Majors, Fiz and other health care workers: how many things wrong do you spot in this clip:

https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1480307202854375427?t=UDCI96Xd2s9r1i6ZYIwApA&s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Myst. I wonder how that game holds up.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

As usual the whole was depressing to watch. Just a bunch of loving morons clinging to debunked conspiracy theories. Rand Paul should be barred from holding office and his neighbor is my new bff.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The opening credits for Peacemaker are insane and amazing. Its a good show so far.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Timby posted:

There's something oddly peaceful about being the only passenger on an intercity bus. Makes the trip from Dubuque to Madison nice and quiet.

Did you order an UberXXXL?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

*Steadies his hand over the lid to Pandora's Box...

Someone asked me what I was doing today and I said making a bunch of different soups, mostly for my step-dad. They asked what kind and I said lima bean, split pea, and chili. They were adamant chili wasn't soup.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

I would immediately take the 10M. I’d end up suicidal mourning the family I couldn’t recreate in another life.

I mean, for me 10m easily, but I also feel anyone who has kids and/or a wife is going to take that disproportionately than those who don't.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

DraculaOwesMeMoney.jpg

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I was about to say, didn't he just launch a massive US tour that goes on for the next 18 months? When the hell would he film that movie...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

bobjr posted:

It’s hats you can buy and use in any game somehow, also only you can use this hat in all those games.

If you don’t understand how this would actually work you just aren’t smart enough to see the possibilities.

Also you are granted exclusive movie rights for said hat. They can't use that hat in a movie without paying you for it!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Stay around Timby and report people to mods, that's bullshit.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Oh if any of you guys are 1099 or have 1099 employees, there is a new form this year and the IRS didn't tell anyone, its 1099 NEC, 1099 Misc will not be accepted.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Miracle Workers is pretty good. It was on TBS I guess but HBO MAX has it now. Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buschemi are in it.

Buschemi plays God and Radcliffe plays a low level worker bee that is in charge of performing miracles but he has performance issues so he sucks at his job. It’s pretty funny.

They also blow up the entire premise each season. The 2nd is a medieval era period peace and the 3rd is basically Oregon Trail the TV show that is also weird.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I just had a sandwich with a single leaf of romaine lettuce which got me thinking, what are the tiers of lettuce? Romaine is trash, the only good use I can think of is a Caesar salad and even then Kale is much more durable and has better crunch/texture for that purpose. A spring mix with some arugala, baby spinach, endive, etc. is probably my favorite and most versatile. I use it for sandwiches, salads, really anywhere I use lettuce. Iceberg is like B-tier in that it has some good uses, like in lettuce wraps and for shredding on tacos/burritos.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also I feel like you can't go 3 months without all romaine being recalled for E. coli outbreaks

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bring back Keaton or Clooney and do the Dark Knight Returns storyline.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I had heard he was a CHUD but the only thing I can really find about his politics was that he endorsed Romney on the sole idea that he was tough on Russia and that he said nice things about Donald Trump, but specifically about their time on Celebrity Apprentice together, and not so much his politics.

He also, like everyone in the 90s performed for the DNC a bunch.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Taken from the TVIV thread but holy lol:

https://twitter.com/BeijingPalmer/s...ingawful.com%2F

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This is where my place in PA is! My mom got the video in her email as a regular update and showed it to me, then I showed it to her at the top of reddits front page.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I was a senior in high school in Palm Beach County during the 2000 election. My friends and I had a running contest to see who got on the news the most, with bonus points for national coverage. It was a lot and really easy to do.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

harperdc posted:

Bomani Jones has had a couple of very good bits about Stevie perhaps being blind or not. A couple of the highlights included buying enormous HDTVs at Best Buy, and how good his backup singers often look.

it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, and not taken seriously, but I would joke around and say it's the only conspiracy theory I believe just to make people really confused.

Its also funny because most people assuming blind means having a complete and total lack of vision while the definition and degrees of blindness can vary greatly while still being considered "blind". Some people can only see vague shapes, some can only see a few feet in front of them, and others may have incredibly narrow fields of vision. So, someone can see, watch TV, and even react to visual stimuli but still be considered blind.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

dirty shrimp money posted:

Can't decide if DeSantis is just a regular political fuckstick using popular sentiment to get himself elected or if he's actually the competent fascist that will really ruin the back half of the 20s.

Either way, he's Trump's heir at least as far as the MAGAs I've talked to. Ted Cruz is a pansy, Marco Rubio is a wuss, Mike Pence is a traitor, Greg Abbott is a crippled DeSantis, Nikki Haley's not hot enough, and everyone else makes too much money as a grifter.

He keeps trying tonform various independent police agencies. He is full on fascist

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am popping up tomorrow to see the woman I met over the holidays for a few days. I also don't have my winter coat and the high is like 11 lol.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

One of the best buzzer beaters I have seen, almost solely because of the reaction from the team and collective decision to do half a lap and sprint out of the arena.

https://twitter.com/CanesHoops/status/1486518608343834628?t=QVw2OPbvlLkpO4SM7zCxtA&s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Just a quintessential Long Island story. Her husband is even a cop that was likely funneling a bunch of cop customers her way.

I have some sympathy because he is also the cop that was under department investigation for flying a surveillance drone in a penis shaped pathway.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Dammit I just lost a tutoring gig I have had for a few weeks that paid really well because they want a female tutor for their daughter. Well jokes on them everyone knows women suck at math, if they didn't your daughter wouldn't need a tutor.

I don't really think that, just salty about losing a gig especially when I already pulled her up a full letter grade and did more work than her actual teacher on developing lesson plans...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I was tutoring in math and chemistry, but I think its because the parents are religious (kid is in private christian school) and probably couldn't find a female tutor until now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I already do the crossword and spelling bee everyday, so having wordle in the same place is nice for me.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

Update: kiddo has been given something called Zofran. They gave her a popsicle but I get nothing! <:mad:>

Zofran is a miracle drug, it makes you stop vomiting and stops you from wanting to vomit There has to be a 7/11, Walgreens, or CVS nearby to get you a popsicle. Glad everything seems to be going in the right direction! Pro-tip: treat that popsicle she got like a million dollar lottery ticket. Its easy to do and makes her trip to the ER fun and less traumatic. Act like a jelly bitch over it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

My girlfriend is thinking of buying a llama (she has raised them before, so not totally random) and I am thinking of llama names. Need some suggestions, so far I have:

Dolly Llama (overdone and obvious, but my spelling makes it in honor of Dolly Parton, not the Dalai Lama)
Barack Ollama
Edward James Llamos
Llama Del Ray
Llama Cass
Llamanel Ritchie
Llamar Burton (not accepting Lamar names, so no Llamar Jackson or Kendrick Llamar)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Also Nintendo! And Lennon estate!

https://www.hitpiece.com/

Literally the top four live auctions!

Lol the top one is at like 20 million

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Unless the US complete collapses I guess.

Lol thats a loving given at this point.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am thinking of buying an NFT...

https://twitter.com/JesusNFTChrist/status/1457751643517247489?t=GB49_kkQAjB6WE0x0ckMvA&s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Cad Bane is a more fleshed out character that is who everyone thinks Boba Fett is. In Clone Wars he was a bounty hunter that had no problem taking on Jedi and winning fairly regularly.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

Boba Fett How the gently caress have the Jedi not figured out the whole "have no attachments" thing isn't working for them. Let the little green dude have the loving shirt and stop being such a dick, Luke

Also, Ashoka isn't a jedi anymore, she left the order. why not just say so explicitly, thats a much better reason for not training Grogu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Remember when Facebook enabled a literal genocide?