Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cavauro posted:

thinking of buying a gun

Cavauro breaking out the greatest hits. Maybe posting from the toelet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

TFF you are good folks and I'm drinking and in happy mode and wanted to say that I'm glad to be among this community, silently farting around and saying gently caress the Cowboys at every opportunity.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

We finally replaced my bathtub's faucet and I just had my first relaxing bath in about a year. Small things, y'know.

Congrats on not being filthy

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Congrats to D-Link on the sex.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

curious about that too. i work in cannabis and ive had a decent number of older folk who say they tried it for the first time once it legalized and they were able to get low dose edibles to test it out

This is what I did only my buddy who said he made the brownies kinda weak accidentally did the opposite and made them double strength and only realized the next morning.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

There’s other songs (and scenes) from Team America that would also work for this.

I don't remember much of that movie buy will always have a special place in my heart for when main character guy goes undercover and they tell him he'll have to kill himself if he's caught, so they give him an old hammer.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

Rest and stay healthy LM :ohdear:

My mom is mostly feeling better from her infection, but of course Dad caught it too and while his symptoms aren't too bad he definitely got it worse than mom did. My unvaccinated sisters are also Covid positive now and Mom says they feel like poo poo.

Like it's a terrible, stupid choice but I just hope sis and her wife get better and learn something from this. They're not chuds or anything. :(

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kiddo's ABA counselor tested positive for Covid today so therapy is out for a while and I guess we're all close contacts!

Been told by the school that she doesn't have to quarantine but they do need a negative test from her in five days. And now I'm wondering how that's going to work if my wife or I come down with it, or how we're even going to find a test to begin with. Guess I'll call her pediatrician and hope they can do it or have an idea where would be the best place to go?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If Boba Fett were made of noodles, would he be Soba Fett or Boba Fettucine?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

Lol I got it for 49 the other week on close out and I have no idea when to cut into it.

You guys are lucky. I've been wanting one but the Costco near me doesn't have them.

I also want to say that Ming Na Wen is a fox and I hope I look like she does at 58.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Wife and I saw Venom 2 last weekend.

It was good in the same way the 1st one was good, in that it wasn't great but it was entertaining.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Maybe that guy has no legs.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Manoueverable posted:

I feel the same way, I'm just loving tired y'all.

Same.

Kiddo finally had her test after being a close contact last Wednesday and I can't imagine it comes back positive at this point because she hasn't had any symptoms. But I got a call from the school nurse today that my daughter said she was nauseous and had a headache, so I agreed to have her take a rapid test. They said they'd call back if it came back positive so I guess thankfully that's a no. Everything still feels kinda hosed and I'm worried about her.

My sister and her wife had to go back to work on Monday after 5 days of quarantining and she says they both still feel like crap. Oh well, number must go up I guess.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

They were just trying to recreate this scene from History of The World.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Wife and I have been watching Baba Feet and I think the big problems are in the character himself.

First, he sucks as a crime boss. He doesn't seem to have any plans, doesn't delegate to any of his henchpersons, and just kinda wanders around until a plot point happens. He's constantly caught off guard by whatever rivals are doing.

Second, as portrayed, he sucks as a badass bounty hunter. Better than half the time he's in a fight he's getting his rear end kicked. Three episodes in and he's already been owned by the Tuskens, the assassins that attacked him on the street and a giant-rear end wookie that caught him unawares. The actor has this middle-aged "played high school football but works at a hardware store now" dad bod and zero charisma.

I think it could have worked if they had Boba Fett as more of a shadowy background figure and focus on the crew that's been built around him. Part of why the character got so popular was there was so little known about him that you could imagine just about anything.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

https://twitter.com/ZachCoveyTV/status/1482343351248736259

Hoping it's not as bad as it seems it could be

Oh no, it's the Emergence! :ohdear:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kiddo is Covid positive. She had some cold-like symptoms over the weekend. We thought that it might have been from the flu shot she got on Friday but decided to test her today before her therapist came over.

She's fine. Symptoms were pretty mild and are mostly gone now. Guess we just need to see if my wife or I get it, though that seems like a foregone conclusion.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Really glad to hear your daughter is doing well. It's a low probability thing, but the idea of my kidding getting really sick has personally been the worst part of this whole Pandemic.

Thanks man. I think if she was in worse shape I'd be flipping my poo poo right now. Kinda anxious about how my wife gets through this as she's asthmatic. We're both vaxxed and boosted so hopefully we'll be okay.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Sorry but unless I see the W2 I'm not inclined to believe this borderline unhinged backstory you provided

BOY I SURE CANT WAIT FOR THIS poo poo TO GO ON FOR ANOTHER 7-10 PAGES!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm my child's teacher until she is cleared to return to school next week so I need some advice: does anyone know of any service that will deliver alcohol to my door in Massachusetts?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I need.to see GOOTS with the DOOM font.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've used Drizly before - says they're available in Boston but no idea how close you are. You can put your address in and it'll tell you if they deliver to you or not: https://drizly.com/

I'm mostly joking. Could have sworn alcohol delivery was illegal in this state for starters though I admit I never seriously looked into it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My email is fucktheCowboys@gmail and my password is Password2 because Password1 is too obvious.

Wait, oh no!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

BrownThunder posted:

Get over yourself and stop derailing this thread.

:thunk:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Was office chair chat in the last thread or did it spill over into this thread? One of the cheap arm rests on my chair broke and unfortunately it turns out that they were what was holding the back on. :doh:

Long story short, I want a sturdy chair that doesn't have supporting structures made of plastic.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Thanks all!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kiddo has been fine since like Monday but wife now has flu-like symptoms and despite a negative home test we don't see how it isn't Covid. She never leaves the house at this point due to her workplace extending WFH.

I was kinda tired this morning. Which cold be nothing but wouldn't surprise me if I have it at this point. The only symptom I got from being vaccinated was feeling really tired that day.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

T. Hanks Obama Biden.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

This obvious peanut butter M&M erasure is why I no longer follow the M&M cinematic universe. That and it's hard to watch almond knowing how many kids he has that he refuses to pay support. Like goddamn dude do you need to nut in everything?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My daughter has been getting into the latest Pokemon series on Netflix. I've taken to annoying her by responding "it's Ditto!" during every one of the Who's That Pokemon segments.

Friends, you can't prove that anything in that world isn't Ditto and that should chill you to the bone.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Well hell, lump me in with with the chat thread Covid Crew. One of my kids got it, now I have it, but I must be asymptomatic because I feel fine.

This is why I wanted to stay home this week and work from home so I didn't potentially pass this crap around and now I'm glad I did.

:same:

Wife had it the worst of us but seems to be feeling better after sleeping 16 hours yesterday and like 13 today. I took two 20-minute naps yesterday and went to bed an hour early. Haven't had much but a little fatigue.

Also maybe that guy put his dick in the toaster oven because it was hot. :heysexy:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Read my posts in the voice of your fattest uncle.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Braksgirl I'm sorry if people have treated you bad in GDTs. :(

I've always liked GDTs for recreating the sense of yelling stupid poo poo at one's TV. My habit of saying GO 4 IT comes from watching games with my dad, who would yell the same no matter the distance or the score or anything else. He's completely unreasonable about this but the league has almost caught up with him.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I still want to know why a Venusaur and a Bulbasaur can’t mate, according to you.

Bulbasaur is just a kid you sick bastard.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I think it says a lot about the latest Boba Fett that the latest episode was the best one and he's not even in it.

Also, last week's episode.

Bob Fett: "Hello fellow crime lords. I need your help to take down a big criminal syndicate."
Other crime lords: "No."
Boba Fett: "Okay, please don't join them though?"
Other crime lords: "Yeah I guess."

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That’s not the problem with Boba. The problem is that the writing and some of the casting sucks.

Boba Fett is basically a blank canvas, they could have made something good with that opportunity.

its this.

Like last week's episode you had so many wasted opportunities to find a direction to take this character. You can make him seem shrewd and calculating if you have him win over some of the assorted crime lords to his side. That also fits in with the weak posturing thus far that he's trying to rebuild a more peaceful Tattooine. You can make him ruthless by feeding one to the rancor, which fits with prior perceptions of the character as a cold-blooded bounty hunter. gently caress, have him drop all of them into the pit and show he's not loving around. Instead he just asks a couple of polite questions and then comes off as some milquetoast old guy who's in over his head. It's like whoever's writing this wanted to pick the Bad Guy path in a video game but just can't bring themselves to pick any of those options.

Edit: also congrats to Fartknocker on the job!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 27, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just never go outside.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Getting 2 feet of snow tomorrow.

Not ideal!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Where are you at again? I heard a rumor that Chicago is getting 20" next week, but I don't believe it. It's also too far out to make that kind of prediction. We got like 8" of snow this week over a few different snow falls. A little annoying, but whatever. We might still be below our average snow fall for the winter, but we caught up a lot this week.

Southeast Mass. I'm actually less worried about the snowfall total than I am a power outage. They're saying 30 mph gusts are likely.

And yeah way too far out. I heard we were getting the storm this past Sunday and every day I looked back they'd revised it down 2 inches (from 17) until this morning when it leaped to like 20+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

You still alive buddy? I'm out in Middlesex and we were supposed to only get 6-12 and we're well past that at this point.

Still here! No power outages which is good because they kinda freak out my daughter. That and it's gonna get down to single digits the next couple of nights.

Were just at the northeast corner of RI fwiwi. Haven't measured yet but there's no way it's less than two feet. Our plow guy came by twice and I may call and ask him to come out again. Not looking forward to shoveling the rest out tomorrow.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m 6’3” and like 213. My weight has been creeping up the last few years. I’ve probably gained 15 lbs since I got this suit 5 years ago. I’m overweight, but not huge.

The one time I successfully lost a good amount of weight, I just counted every calorie and worked out like 5 times a week, so I guess I’ll try that. Good thing Fat Tuesday is late this year.

I'm about the same weight and six inches shorter. :sweatdrop: