Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Happy New Years, TFF!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

fsif posted:

Car Seat Headrest seems a bit out of place on that bill, no?

Lol, just realized they were on that ticket. I almost wonder if that's ironic or something, they seem very out of place.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BlindSite posted:

If ever there was a time for a horde of angry people to burn down a govt building...

The last time the Wisconsin Capitol Building got occupied, it didn't lead to much, to be honest.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Batman was pretty good. I still kinda like Batman Begins a bit more, but it was a very functional Batman and Robert Pattinson being awkward as gently caress really worked for the character.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Absolutely everything here is atrocious, but this bugs me the most. They're covering their rear end here because if they let the parents run in and the parents get shot they might be blamed is the only thought process I can come up with here. I suppose controlling the area if you want to be super nice but come on, no. Y'all weren't controlling poo poo other than a parking lot.

As if the children, who are busy being terrified, dying or being dead already, are not the problem.

Also, one of the parents managed to escape from the cops, get in, and rescue their child if I read a story right, so they didn't even secure a perimeter properly, just menaced freaked out people for a good hour for funsies.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The "my family is dying" tweet but instead of candles it's AR-15 upkeep.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Star Wars biggest sin was trying to incorporate the original trilogy into everything, including dragging out the corpses of fisher, Hamil, and ford, cgi’ing the characters who’s actors were too decomposed, and making loving EVERYTHING come back to tattooine remote desert planets.

Obviously Star Wars was always just a money printing machine and the choice was a shameless ploy to boomer nostalgia but it locked them into a trajectory they’re unable to pull out of.

Writers and producers will always tell money they have good ideas instead of pointing out that we don’t need every single character to have interacted at every moment of their life before and after they met at what was supposed to be the worst bar on the most remote, worthless planet in the galaxy.

the prequels made similar mistakes but poo poo they at least did something new.

Prequels > every movie since

I still like Rogue One precisely because it's not tying together with every single original trilogy character up until, like, the last moment. And it's a solid war film in the meantime. But Star Trek and Star Wars both occupy the same spot in my mind of, "Vast stretches of this are just not going to be canon for me and I'm going to ignore their existence," when I didn't used to be that way for either franchise. Just too little quality control, too little attention paid towards the operating ethos of the original property, too much lovely fanfiction and shoutouts that add nothing to the overall narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Saw Super Hero in theaters.

So loving good.

Just watched it. Really fun, enough where I was able to ignore the weirder parts of the CGI animation to focus on how Piccolo is the best dad in the universe.