Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Libby is definitely sending nightmares to Estelle. That's a cat power we don't talk about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EBB posted:

Push him overboard. Nobody will ever know.

Or care, for that matter

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oprah is responsible for Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil, so maybe suing her for things is the right course of action.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OMGGGGGGG YESSSSSS

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oops! You forgot to tell a joke!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aw drat Lupin :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

RIP Lupin

See you in the funny pages (but not in, like, a mean or dismissive way)

I am curious to see how the strip handles this since she *does* take a lot of inspiration from real-life happenings.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"We saw this drunk jackass fall off the boat. That was about 20 miles behind us, so it's best to assume he got eaten by a shark."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cruise ships are required too be equipped with a minimum of two rescue boats, however, said boats only move at 6 knots, much slower than the cruise ship (~20 knots as mentioned a few pages back), so I assume turning the ship around to get to Wilbur's approximate location then using the rescue boats to find and rescue him is relatively normal operation.

Not that it matters, assuming he survived a multiple story fall into the water, can tread water for a good hour, and didn't get eaten by sharks, they're still trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wow, I wasn't expecting a heated gamer moment in Wallace

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

From playing survival games that I don't like, Wilbur's first step is to start punching some trees

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wilbur is currently in a forced labor camp

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'd rather read a random Jaimes Nancy than a random Gilchrist one, but reading it every day ain't great. Sunday strips are usually pretty clever, though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

what that uncommon mouth do

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whoops, now it's $10

Now it's $15

I mean $17.37

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh yeah "spaghetti" straps were BANNED from class, but the ladies at prom? Nah, off the shoulder, strapless, midriff revealing? Totally cool. Teenage me there dateless wasn't complaining, but also very depressed and unhappy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Good for you, Mopsy

She doesn't need to live here. Why does she still live here?

What the gently caress you've been friends with Luann for like a decade you have to have seen her dog at some time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Moomingame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7WH_vvwmO4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Me IRL yesterday when it snowed all day.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Huxley posted:

$400 in 1975 is roughly $2100 in 2022.

In-state tuition at Auburn this year is $12 grand.
Universities of California were free for residents until 1966.

I'll give you three guesses who was governor at that time, but two don't count.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Credit where it's due: this is a good little gag.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

They really found the most perfunctory way to wrap up that Luann storyline, didn't they?

"Oh wait this dog is missing!" "Oh wait it's Luann's dog! Guess that solves that."

Writer got bored QUICK with that one.

I did appreciate the gag at the end, though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's 2022 and you're both reasonably high earners. Just loving put the internet on autopay and move on with your lives.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spud being a good rapper is my favorite

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

To be fair to Beeman, that horny old crank, before Regan and Co. started tearing the tax code to shreds there were a lot more tax brackets that scaled to significantly higher rates than anybody pays today. Here's the tax brackets for calendar year 1959 - seems to me that if you were sitting at the high end of a bracket and you got a modest raise, your tax rate could jump enough that it would not only negate the raise itself but eat into your previous take-home amount.
Barring some extremely specific circumstances (e.g. you use a means-tested tax deduction or credit you'd lose access to making more money), no this is not how tax brackets work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Is that mer-cat-person thing going to gently caress an oyster? And if so, will one of them get pregnant?

:hmmyes:

Is this a Mary Worth crossover

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

You know, I think I always assumed Toby was Ian's student at some point but I don't know if that's ever been established.
Wild that simply talking to your partner about your problem can yield positive results

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Esplanade posted:

Hmmm... Cannonball Mary...You might have something there.

Cannonball Mary

Oh no the House of Black got to Mary!

You'd think someone named Da'Dad would be looking for campground and motel deals and pointing out points of interest for their epic road trip, not finding flights.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Huxley posted:

There are two types of driving dads: road trip adventurers and max-efficiency death-marchers.

Mine was the latter. 14 hour days with breaks for gas and meals and that was about it unless there was a very specific site to see. If we were lucky, we'd at least take a scenic route rather than a highway.

I played a loooooooot of Game Boy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Huxley posted:

I'm very much inclined to that. I tried to enforce a strict "no liquids 1 hour before departure; no drinks in the car" rule but gave up when I caught everyone sneaking behind my back. Three girls, we just pee whenever someone yells and every hour in the car takes 90 minutes. It's torture, but only on me so whatever.

My mom's dad took them on a cross-country tour to the west coast full of 10-12 hour days in the car and literally yelled, "the grand canyon is about an hour that way, if we were going!" and just kept on trucking. It's not a happy memory for her, so I try to have some give.

Mine wasn't quite that bad, but also I was a grumpy kid and probably wouldn't have appreciated the Grand Canyon had we gone that way. I didn't appreciate the Badlands back then.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Okay this is definitely a kink thing. (Not shaming.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If she's still a teen she's like a week from turning 20! They're in their second year of college!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

2022 and he's introducing his first Black character

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakyn posted:

Here's the problem: there was a typo in the initial strip that slipped by the editors. Should be fixed now.

What the hell yoga are you doing on a 3'x4' patch of floor?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Murdstone posted:

F Minus

I had a roommate who would only use paper plates so that he wouldn't have to clean. Personally, I found it kind of childish and dumb.
Every Reddit food sub is like dozens of pictures of incredible-looking food that clearly took a good amount of effort to make, served on a paper plate. I don't get it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bernice is the "mature" one.

Somehow

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vargo posted:

Listen I just don't know what you people want from me

I want you to get in Twitter spats with racist comic creators that result in you getting murdered hunting yetis, but posting the comics will have to suffice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mary Worth is on like day four of "Dawn goes dancing, Jared works with an abuse victim"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Whatever happened to her moving in with Gunther and just living in sin in his mom's back yard?

She's been portrayed as very much an opportunist and given the choice between living in a mansion or in a backyard bachelor pad, I know which I'm taking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Hil, turn on your monitor