Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The demons are women, and therefore correct. All women are correct except when they've been mind controlled by men, which is the only reason anyone disagrees with Ishida ever, is mind control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

Loving mac's new direction into polyamorous slice of life comics

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

So is this incomprehensible because i know next to nothing about american football, or is it just incomprehensible because it's Ramirez

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Also the joke isn't just that they believe children are magic, it's that they still believe it after 97 years of it not working

I can definitely get behind Treason Day as a holiday. Everybody gather in the town square and do a little bit of treason. Good times

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

ScienceSeagull posted:

What's with the references to the Large Hadron Collider (CERN) and the Man From Taured?
https://obscurban-legend.fandom.com/wiki/The_Man_from_Taured

Is it just because I'm not awake, or does Sinfest make no drat sense?

I think Ishida thinks that vaguely alluding to a wide variety of things is the same as actually making something complex and deep

so yes it's the second option

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Do russian cartoonists depict foreigners speaking in latin letters that look like cyrillic

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The thread title gave me some hope, alas

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Those two in the background are Grandma and Aunt Vera from the british political cartoonist Carl Giles. Giles was an actual Good Cartoonist who used a recurring cartoon family to comment on current events. Actually this joke is similar in style to a lot of Giles cartoons - ordinary british people joking and teasing each other about topical events - which might be why he included them as an homage.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

This is the scott adams who has been caught making accounts on message boards pretending to be someone else defending him, scott adams is aware of anyone insulting him anywhere on the globe like a spidey sense

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Don't know the specifics of the situation in Queensland, but... they're outside at least? Probably in smaller groups than whole classes? Seems like an improvement

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

"Corporations are embracing Marxism", today's item from the long list of right wing scare stories that I wish was actually true

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

At least when Ishida does insubstantial storylines that mean nothing and fizzle out with little to no resolution he has the decency to do 20 of them at once so it at least feels like events are taking place from time to time

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

Choke on your own bile, Ted Rall.

Timg'd for huge.

I had forgotten about the legal action behind the Legal Action Comics mentioned here

quote:

Hellman has been described as a "veteran prankster".[5] Following an August 3, 1999 Village Voice cover story criticizing Maus author Art Spiegelman by editorial cartoonist Ted Rall, Hellman created an email list called "Rallsballs@onelist.com" and sent a satirically self-agrandizing letter entitled "Ted Rall's Balls", impersonating Rall, to at least 35 cartoonists and editors, including one former employer of Rall. Rall eventually retaliated by filing a lawsuit, claiming among other things, libel, lost employment opportunities and emotional distress, and asking damages of US$ 1.5 million.[6] Eventually four of Rall's five claims were dismissed, leaving only libel per se.[7] The case had still not gone to trial in 2005,[8][9] when Rall's attorney died.[10]

From a quick google i can sadly not find the text of the certain masterwork Ted Rall's Balls .

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I haven't heard of the cotton ceiling thing

Neither did 99.99% of trans people until the terfs all decided it was the central tenet of all transgender ideology and started bringing it up at every opportunity

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

He's still whining lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/TedRall/status/1488514148917030919

https://mobile.twitter.com/TedRall/status/1488549541120983042

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

As a reminder, this was Saturday's Prickly City:

And here's the "new" one:

I hope every other comic from now on is like this

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Which white democrats have been officially granted permission to say the n word by the singular hivemind of all black people, i missed that one. I mean it must have happened, a political cartoonist would never just make poo poo up

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Blower, did it occur to you that maybe you're getting bad service because they're underfunded?

Don't be silly, the only possible solution is to privatise. This will definitely result in it costing less money, just like in the US where healthcare costs are never a problem for anyone, i assume

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I am not entirely sure why the teacher from hey arnold is now running a football club, but wish him best of luck in his endeavours

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

it does look a bit more like a gear in the second-last row - i wouldn't have thought Ishida would have gotten to the level of Stonetoss-style judaism references quite yet, though the guy rolled down the slope from swerf to terf to vax denial with such gusto who can even say at this point

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

A Country Happened

Twelve by Pies posted:

Woke Man: I can't believe the pandemic the last two years was total BS.

Normal Man: I know, we've been trying to tell you the whole time.

Woke Man: You couldn't have known, they just said it on the news today.

I saw this the other day as a facebook meme made with text drawn on the two guys from The Road To Eldorado. Sadly I can't get it again, as it was the last straw that made me finally unfriend this gradually antivax-radicalising person I'd spoken to like twice, so you're still on your own. There might be an actual cartoon, or the guy might have seen the lovely meme and mistaken it for a high-effort Gorrell or something

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I hate that I spotted this, but I'm pretty sure she's meant to be the same character as the one in the second strip, based on the piercings:

I think she's different because of the backpack, and a slightly different top. This is the level of analysis one needs to tell apart female characters in Sinfest.

Mikl posted:

Also lol is Ishida going to actually add crypto stuff to his comics now

Yeah, the "fiat currency" mention stood out to me in this batch - I don't remember if he used that particular talking point before. On his way to a full collection of chud lore

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Bob have you considered the concept of it not still being the 1980s

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Here is the entire arc, I only remembered where it was because I was looking up a post in last year's thread the other week and I remembered I'd quoted the last strip from this sequence.

Oh yeah, for context, this sequence of strips ran in mid-October. I only mention this because about two weeks before that, there was the video of a border patrol agent on a horse whipping a Haitian immigrant with his reins.

holy poo poo

did they think they were making some kind of deep statement by not showing the person's face at all? did they put any thought into if this was a good idea? do they ever think about anything ever?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

It's a very clever take on the original quote you see, because what if someone said "let them eat cake", but, and here's the wild new twist, what if cake was an expensive item

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: Is Anthony Albanese a regular bloke who likes a joke or a wretched woke?

edit: to explain, Albanese answered a bunch of quick-fire questions from the Daily Telegraph which is summed up with their picture:

Wow what a waste of space. Comiserations to australia for getting its own keir starmer

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Google translate got fairly decent at translating European languages, but it still switches genders when talking about weight loss. Hah.

You'd think rall of all people would know some russians to help with his translation

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

completely unrelated to any recent developments in political cartoons, but i just wanted to tell everyone that I just saw the word "rort" in the wild and have only now realised that the "sports rorts" continually mentioned in australian cartoons for the past few years are not, in fact, a humorous contraction of "sports resorts"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

By political cartoon standards, references to things happening after 2000 are groundbreakingly current

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

My parents deal with the non-adjusting clocks in their kitchen by always having one at summer time and one at winter time so that at least one of them is always right. Pure chaos

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Somewhere along the line Kevin became the senator for the Lefty Tea Party which speaks volumes about how Stantis copes with the elements of conservative politics he doesn't like.

Hunny Bunny is hilarious because while she's obviously meant to be Hillary Stantis never puts in any of her politics and won't give her up so we end up with a character whose main trait is her tenacity who we are meant to hate in comparison to the heroes who never do anything.

also if i remember right he actually did mention Hillary Clinton by name once so somehow they both exist

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Alhazred posted:

I mean, how could you tell?

there is always further to fall and it is always worse. when sinfest comics start looking like Cerebus #186 then we'll maybe talk about how it can't get worse

Mr. Squishy posted:

Best Bennet in a long while. It's a clear metaphor, expressing a cogent argument*, and to cap it all, RUSSIA doesn't have a single hammer OR sickle on him.

the labels are a bit much imo but I guess we can only ask for so much from the medium of political cartooning

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I know/hope the stubbley strong jaw trans swimmer is meant to be mocking conservative ideas of trans people but I'd still really rather Jones didn't. Got enough of that imagery floating around already.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Do Telegraph readers even understand what "YOLO" means? That's like, ten years ago at this point, that's way too modern for them. Though I can't be certain Blower has much of an idea either

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

This is the only part of the Prickly City cycle that I enjoy seeing. Why won't anybody take me seriously as a libertarian? Sure, everyone who shares my beliefs is crazy and stupid, but somehow I'm different.

Probably the most political commentary in a prickly city strip for some time, even if the commentary is about a nothing party that will never get any kind of power anywhere

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

"50% more “queer” into future Disney stories." Oh no! That adds up to a whole extra background character per three movies looking as if they might be thinking of possibly holding hands with a same sex sort-of-partner. Western civilisation is doomed

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

So yeah given that zom-b-gone is shown earlier as a useful tool against a real threat I can't interpret this any other way than "the Globalists are a real thing that this man is correct to worry about". Out of context I'd say this was making fun of him but this is just Sinfest now I guess

Also lol @ the "current thing" t-shirt being very easily reinterpreted as "whatever the new thing the kids are on about these days is, you, the viewer of this commercial, should be afraid of it, because it is new"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Bomb Back Better

drat bombing other countries for no good reason sure is bad isn't it ted. I bet if any country was to go around doing that you'd be straight out with the direct condemnation of that sort of practice, yes siree

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

It might dislodge/rub against that band it's passing through. That kind of utter devastation to the globalist machinery looks like it could take a whole couple of minutes to fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

that one genderbread graphic some person made one time forever lives rent free in these people's heads huh

i thought adding the transgender symbol at the genitals was ishida's addition re: terfs caring so much about genitals, but it's there on the actual graphic for some reason. seems a weird choice