Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Huh they misspelled Covid-oh….oh :smith: time is a flat circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

UZworm posted:

Yeah McCoy is deffo trying to pretend it wasn't ever actually a real thing.

I think after the NORAD phone call thing where Biden very obviously didn't have a clue what "Let's Go Brandon" was when someone said it directly to him, the embarrassment of the entire conservative movement carrying on with a kindergarten-level dogwhistle because they thought it was a supremely clever cultural movement against Biden while he literally didn't even notice hit them really hard :laffo:

It’s this, I think. It would’ve been like if some liberal yelled “Drumpf!” at Trump on a Santa phone call (instead of him questioning why a kid still believed in Santa :laffo:). Trump would’ve just been confused and continued on and the second hand embarrassment would’ve killed the dumb joke/phrase

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

I like how this metaphor only works if you’re a psycho like Ramirez who believes government should fight and stop itself from doing anything at all for the people they work for

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This has literally been a thing for decades now. Charging criminals with not reporting ill-gotten money as income is like one of the main ways the feds hit organized crime

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The NYT ruling has about 0% change of holding up in appeals. It’s very clearly a right wing partisan judge running interference trying to say the NYT is somehow bound to attorney-client confidentiality between two unrelated parties

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sinfest doesn’t make sense is the answer. It constantly loses track of its own plot points outside of right wing and TERF bullshit. Like no one knows, or is supposed to know, 2021 is Lady Time and all these people have met her at various times throughout the year yet somehow they A) all know it’s her and B) seem to just accept she’s aged from a child to a dying old woman in the span of a year

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

I…what? :psyduck: what point is this trying to make? The GOP are literally passing laws to change voting to make it harder so who is this a dig at?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Republicans posted:

Gosh, I had no idea the Lil' Library was so much of a threat to real libraries. The church near my house has a Lil' Pantry, I should go yell at them.

Little libraries are often pointed to as something people can do if they’re upset about their local library funding being slashed or outright closed. So what started as a cute project has morphed into yet another “Just boot strap your own social services!”

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Coivd deaths? Really, Varvel? gently caress you, here’s the past two cartoons you did about COVID

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Look at these idiots! Talking about the virus currently causing a global pandemic that has caused over 5 million deaths, nearly a million in this country alone. What a bunch of stupid morons

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Right wingers really mad about wanting to gently caress candy people :laffo:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

General Hospital is the name of a soap opera. I think the idea here is that the situation is fake

Bingo. He’s gone full kool-aid drinker at this point and the reports of ICUs being overwhelmed are actually all lies. This is why, along with LGBTQ people, black people, and antifa, medical professionals are also now evil woke people who killed America going by the flags in the Sunday strip

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Guess what kind of laws the GOP is passing using the lie about a stolen election, Ramirez. You loving idiot

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Gary Varvel

Oddly enough I was just thinking about how the M&M's thing is just as much of a nonissue as the Potato Head stuff was.

The cartoonist wants to gently caress candy

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: at Zyklon Ben and other conservative poo poo stains suddenly clutching pearls about the president saying something mean about a journalist. I mean it could have been worse, he could’ve been physically disabled and the President might have mimicked his disability to mock him. I’m sure you guys would be upset by that, right?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

She’s a federal level elected official your party supports and does nothing to curb while she openly advocates for a fascist take over of the US. Reporting on the poo poo she says that your fellow right wingers cheer for is news, you gently caress

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Fuckin finally someone does the needful.

I know the answer is because they’re insane repressed weirdos but it really has been funny watching the same people who clutch pearls over LGBTQ people existing as an assault on America’s wholesome family Christian values spin around and demand M&Ms be sexy enough for them to get off to

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I was gonna ask if the trucker thing was big or if it was just Zyklon Ben projecting his own fantasies on to Canada due to his own impotence at doing anything but guess that answers that :lol:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Branco is like a very lovely Ben Garrison knock off and Zyklon Ben is garbage to begin with so :laffo:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ted Rall, a man who replied to and interacted with a parody of his own weird Roger Ebert rant, smugly says we should be able to make fun of stupid people. I agree, Ted :laffo:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reminded that those deleted podcasts Zyklon Ben is freaking out about were deleted because Rogan was freely using the n-word on them

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

1/8
"Huh, I seem to be posting this one more frequently every year..."

I’ll show the Libs! The vast majority of guns are safe and handled correctly! *proceeds to list horrible places to store guns that could easily be stolen by criminals or fall into the hands of children*

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

This is Paynesian levels of BIG STRONG VROOM VROOM versus little wussy smart car.

:laffo: the trucker protest has had incredible backlash in Canada. The support for public health measures has actually increased in response and 80% of Canadians are against the protestors, with the majority saying they should face fines and jail time as well as those that support them. Truly they are the voice of the people

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Durham thing is just Benghazi: Reloaded and the only people who give a poo poo about it are the same people who think Hillary Clinton purposely told security to stand down for the sole purpose to get Americans killed because she’s a Saturday morning cartoon villain

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Anti-virus software, something a computerized device will never need. My metaphors are amazing!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Durham findings are no better than puppy pee pads AGC

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Mike Lester

You don't tend to get punished for trying to overthrow the federal government when you don't try to overthrow the federal government.

I like how he made sure to make the BLM cows white to try to head off any racism claims but couldn’t help himself in giving them big chains around their necks, backwards baseball caps, do-rags, and joints. It’s like the Liar Liar “the pen is blue” but with racist dog whistles as loud as foghorns

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gosh Obama sure has egg on his face because things aren’t exactly the same they were a loving decade ago

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Biden is bad if he takes oil from Russia but also Biden is bad because oil is now more expensive

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like how his example of how awful it is in his cartoon is GASP! A homesless getting mail how dare they have access to basic services while being homeless in public!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: Zyklon Ben actually believes it’s the metal of currency that has ever given them value and not, you know, the governments behind them. Silver dollars were worth a dollar no matter the cost of silver when they were in use too, Ben. Turns out governments say what each denomination is worth, not a speculative market!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Neito posted:

Why.

Why does the postal service need to turn a profit.

Also, part of this massive overhaul is that it's (from what I've read, correct me if I'm wrong) removing the onerous pension funding requirement added in the Bush administration that makes it appear that the postal service isn't profitable, or at least is much more unprofitable than it is.

Also, just let the postal service run a bank like it does in every other country. Not really related to profitability, just a pet peeve.

While it’s bullshit the postal service needs to be making a profit at all the bullshit pension funding requirement (which includes funding pensions for theoretical postal workers who aren’t even born yet) is the sole reason the postal service is not profitable. Getting rid of that one bullshit thing they’re profitable again like they were. It was literally created by right wing poo poo heads to strangle the postal service because it was a thorn in their side whenever they claimed anything government run was wasteful and ineffective

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Neito posted:

I was like 90% sure that it's just the (what, 50? 75 year?) pension funding requirement that did that, but hedged my bets.

IIRC the senate just passed a bill to remove it, so hopefully we'll see some happiness out of the postal arena soon.

Yeah they had to fund all potential pension costs for a full 75 years instead of the normal pay as you go
method. Literally no pension or retirement fund operates like this because its would crush any organization doing it. So each year after the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 passed suddenly the postal service was posting huge loses and defaulting on its payments because it’s simply insane to do something like that. But then right wing assholes got to point to the post office as the government failing at running something efficiently

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Maybe if you’re worried about the price of gas don’t buy a SUV or truck that will only be used by one person?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Oh cool we’re back at “acknowledging gay people exist to children is the same thing as pedophilia”

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. Stab posted:

That's the mainstream argument now. Kids are gonna get turned gay/trans if they learn that gay/trans people exist. Also this is bad for some reason. It feels like a huge step back on terms of public perception of gay people. But, it's a natural step forward after getting a lot of traction with "your kids are being transed!" And passing a bunch of bills terrorizing trans kids under the radar in the last couple years.

This was always the goal and anyone who was anti-trans but pleaded “I still like LGB people!” is either a liar or a useful idiot who held open the gates for this by being a bigot to trans people. The poo poo they say about trans and non-binary are word for word the poo poo I heard growing up about gay people, just replacing gay with trans

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gas prices have risen since the height of a global pandemic when no one was leaving their homes?! Fuckin’ got him, lesser McCoy!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

For those keeping score at home here’s the stances we’ve got from Ted Rall;

Military aid to Ukraine: Bad

General aid to Ukraine: Bad

Sanctions on Russia: Bad

Doing nothing so Ted Rall can keep getting paid: Good

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The laptop story was bullshit when it happened and turned into nothing why are they dredging it up now? Is it simply because of Russia invading Ukraine so Hunter Biden running child harvesting labs or whatever the QAnon thing was with Hunter and Ukraine as an excuse for Trump withholding aid from Ukraine until they invented some phony corruption charge against Hunter for Trump’s campaign to use just popping up again

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

They dress it up in a lot of words but the anti-surrogate thing is really just “it lets the gays have kids!” and the anti-surrogate are also against same sex couples adopting because it “violates natural law”