Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

homeless snail posted:

you dropped this, king ⭐

"I am going to skullfuck you. User loses posting privileges for 30 days"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

This is the 4th time in recent memory that I've gone to sleep during ongoing QCS drama and woke up to a dethroned mod.

I should do this more/less often.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dethroned makes it sound like there was a battle and their star taken.

More often it’s just people stepping down because they don’t want to deal with it.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i think abdicated might fit better in this case

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Attack and Dethrone gmod

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ibblebibble posted:

This is the 4th time in recent memory that I've gone to sleep during ongoing QCS drama and woke up to a dethroned mod.

I should do this more/less often.

Never sleep again you monster! :mad:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tales of Woe posted:

i'm going to start G Gundam now

I wanna finish 00 so I can get back to G

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I'll mod. I promise to immediately go AFK, ignore everything, and only shitpost.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

marumaru posted:

jesus christ i thought the mods being treated like poo poo was comedic exaggeration. what the gently caress
i'd be willing to be an act-on-reports mod but not if it's going to be like that. yikes

mods sort of act as interlocutors between admins/userbase at large and being an insider in their own forum. so they have to be both the advocate of their own forums and enforcer of outside will. lowtax made a presentation on this lol

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Mod's through.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Everything in moderation

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbh I wouldn't take lowtax's grand insights for much

unless it was a product review for goldbelly cookies, I guess he was uniquely qualified for that

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Motto posted:

tbh I wouldn't take lowtax's grand insights for much

unless it was a product review for goldbelly cookies, I guess he was uniquely qualified for that

Nah, he was probably biased in regards to them. Can't take those product reviews seriously.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Admins Desperate to Retread Wrongs

marumaru
May 20, 2013

If I remember this video right he makes mostly good points other than the usual "24 fps is the ideal framerate for anything that isn't a game" take that everyone in the industry repeats.
They're wrong. It'd be sick to have 40fps anime battle sequences, just literally financially impossible and technically extremely challenging (animators have been doing 24fps or less keyed animation for the last 600 years, they'd have to relearn it)
To me it kinda feels like the cgi anime discussion. Most of it does suck, but then you have orange perfectly blending it with traditional animation in hnk and it owns. Likewise the awesome sakuga scenes we all love are "higher framerate" than normal anime scenes. It's plenty good enough but maybe it'd be awesome to have even more frames? Just not feasible
That said all these horrible interpolated anime videos are disgusting and until we have extremely advanced ai that strushg/straight up draws more frames as a real human would it'll never work

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
Wiener.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

you dropped this, king ⭐

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Also hobbit hfr was mid but that bad will Smith action movie was REALLY good in the fight and chase scenes. I watched it at 60 but wish I could've caught the 120 screenings.
It's sad that we're not in a 60 fps for action scenes in movie world, it makes the action so much more readable

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Please keep ADTRW open so I can lurk a lot and post intermittently about what I’m watching that nobody cares about.

I’m watching Haikyu again while I go on the treadmill. It’s such a good show, but I do dislike the episodes where they’re clearly up against a jobber team and the show wants to make you care about them. “We didn’t practice much, and we came close to giving up, but then we decided to not give up and still got obliterated.” Nobody cares enough for that to get a 5 minute flash back! Use that time to build up Date Tech or Aoba Johsai!

———

Edit: someone in here was also watching Stranger. Season 2 really picked up around episode 7 or 8 when Seo gets kidnapped and it’s been on high gear ever since. It took a while but Season 2 is really good now and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

marumaru posted:

If I remember this video right he makes mostly good points other than the usual "24 fps is the ideal framerate for anything that isn't a game" take that everyone in the industry repeats.
They're wrong. It'd be sick to have 40fps anime battle sequences, just literally financially impossible and technically extremely challenging (animators have been doing 24fps or less keyed animation for the last 600 years, they'd have to relearn it)
To me it kinda feels like the cgi anime discussion. Most of it does suck, but then you have orange perfectly blending it with traditional animation in hnk and it owns. Likewise the awesome sakuga scenes we all love are "higher framerate" than normal anime scenes. It's plenty good enough but maybe it'd be awesome to have even more frames? Just not feasible
That said all these horrible interpolated anime videos are disgusting and until we have extremely advanced ai that strushg/straight up draws more frames as a real human would it'll never work
Animation at a higher frame rate looks good when it was tailored for it, but people who speed up the frame rate (like that FMA clip) and claim it looks better or "Smoother" are idiots.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

who the gently caress has time to mod when they're busy watching anime

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mazed posted:

dual monitors

Gohans Dad
Jul 11, 2015

Look how they massacred my boy.

Nyoro posted:

dual monitors

So anime and gaming then?

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Nyoro posted:

dual monitors

Multi-track streaming!!

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

marumaru posted:

I've seen videos of a ROMhack or remake or something of Ocarina of Time that makes the game render at 60 fps instead of 20, and it is genuinely unpleasant to look at. I feel the same way about a lot of these 60 fps anime fight scene videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiWbwpw7M64

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Animation at a higher frame rate looks good when it was tailored for it, but people who speed up the frame rate (like that FMA clip) and claim it looks better or "Smoother" are idiots.

The FMA clip is specifically taking the piss, what they did was run it through an interpolation and then remove all of the original frames, leaving only the mushy interpolated frames.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mazed posted:

I've gotten more anime watching done since stepping down for sure!

Also sorry things worked out this way Namtab and Fluffdaddy.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I like keeping ADTRW because I like posting about animes in CHUD free zones.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Red Minjo posted:

I've seen videos of a ROMhack or remake or something of Ocarina of Time that makes the game render at 60 fps instead of 20, and it is genuinely unpleasant to look at. I feel the same way about a lot of these 60 fps anime fight scene videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiWbwpw7M64

Games are a completely different beast because you're not inventing data that isn't there (like in ai upscale crap) or ignoring the nature of the medium (anime and key frames). The video you posted is horrible though and while I'm not sure why it might be frame timing or just the spastic, ultra fast, repetitive camera movements the person is doing

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I doubt that ADTRW is in danger.

I will say that ADTRW is pretty much my go to place for finding out about new fun manga

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

The FMA clip is specifically taking the piss, what they did was run it through an interpolation and then remove all of the original frames, leaving only the mushy interpolated frames.
Oh, okay.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

marumaru
May 20, 2013

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
started lolling thinking about the SUPERMODS. where did those lil guys ever go

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Where every pic is that dog girl creature thing that says, "Ed... ward."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Sorry Namtab