Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

poo poo, I should rewatch this.

Also the hyphen in the thread title must mean julias is talking about something else. Like vampire tubers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Arist posted:

(Best of the Worst is generally good I guess, I just don't like a lot of their opinions outside of that, even their prequel videos haven't held up for me)

I'm also fond of Re:View since it's one where they're just having fun.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
No mods, no masters, post Temmie.

https://twitter.com/tuyoki/status/1477344160025923586?s=20

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Kild posted:

well you're 8 years old and the nintendo 64 is all you got

Basically, yeah.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
So.

Who's gonna bite the bullet and make a vtuber thread?

Edit: nevermind, someone just made one

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

GorfZaplen posted:

I liked the defunctland about the hideously unsafe water park that decapitated test dummies and served beer to minors and every ride and water slide gave people bloody noses and concussions and everyone who went there regards it as a rite of passage and foundational to their development as a human being

Action Park has a special place in the mythos in New Jersey where even if you haven't heard of it, you've heard the stories and those stories have been shifted onto your local, dangerous carny shitheap with a boardwalk, rickety coaster, and a lazy river. I grew up and continue to live on the shore and there's plenty of towns that still have these little places clinging on for dear life, including one in walking distance from my hometown. I grew up just after Action Park shut down, but all the stories just sorta...shifted onto our local deathtrap, warranted or not. I mean it wasn't unjustified; kids died semi-regularly in the waterpark by the boardwalk.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Everything Burrito posted:

He was more like two Danny Devitos stacked on top of each other, huge guy

More like Double Devito.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

mycophobia posted:

is violet evergarden good

Do you want to cry? Then yes, it's good. Also very pretty.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Watamote is very different from where it started, in a way that's really sweet and hopeful, while still being a manga about a poorly socialized, horny teen. The early chapters are very relevant to the context of the rest of the manga but it helps to know that after a while, she does get friends and improve. Basically, if you're looking for the turnaround point, it's the school trip in year two--in spite of everything, she makes friends there she keeps for the rest of her years in school and that leads to even more growth.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sakurazuka posted:

Watch Escaflowne

God, Escaflowne is so good. I should rewatch it, but I'm currently in the process of watching/rewatching too many things.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The Colonel posted:

tarantino once had a role in a movie, where he put a woman's foot on his mouth

anyway yeah i dunno how this is the weird part of maidragon cool is, a guy who worked on idaten. he is one of the most famous people, for these things

He once had a role in a movie that his friend directed and he wrote part of...where he put a woman's foot in his mouth.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Irony Be My Shield posted:

FF killed 5 people

Yes, but she is my favorite Jojo friend and also pondscum that gained sentience in a Florida prison. She doesn't know right from wrong yet.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fluffdaddy posted:

I cant find the panel, but here is the anime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1TlP-XFzz8

It is a crime that this wasn't the Bleach we ended up getting and it's just one scene in an arc to show us what the side characters are doing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm just imagining a Bleach where Ichigo isn't Half-werewolf Half-vampire Half-mummy and the entire show and his friends get to fight a bit and I'm sad now.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Captain Invictus posted:

Is this a sudden end for Dr stone or has it been building to a conclusion? I've not read it yet. If that's the first people have heard of it, seems like an abrupt ending.

Yes you should

Oh yeah, it was clearly ending soon and the author had already said it was in the last arc. I could have seen it going another few chapters to wrap up but no, not abrupt at all.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bruckheimer? Honestly, I'm down. I want this to be STUPID.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Namtab posted:

Let it go to court

I'm sure the judge will be sympathetic.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/crunchyroll-adds-funimation-anime-sony-1235192876/

So it looks like the Funimation brand is going away entirely. Funimation Global Group LLC will operate as Crunchyroll LLC.

drat, end of an era.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Now Crunchyroll will be the only way to watch the My Brother, My Brother, and Me tv show!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Plutonis posted:

New Topic: Has there any anime where a character said (as in the voice actor straight up vocalized) the N Word? Not counting the HxH greed island scene.

Not that I recall, but this scene sticks with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyBdPjiQpYU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RareAcumen posted:

You were all right, skipping to Watamote ch69 totally makes it all bearable.

I couldn't tell you how Kuroki somehow managed to make 7 friends but she did it somehow. Also it's also the first time since Nozaki-kun that I've rooted for the stalker in a manga. Go get yo girl Emiri.

The latest chapter also really brings it into perspective because she's still so loving weird but she has friends who like her anyway because she's not twisting backwards to try to be some ill-conceived idea of what will make her popular.

Also Shiori Experience rocks and is basically impossible to film due to music rights, at the very least. They play Purple Haze how many times?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

symbolic posted:

i loving love irony and sarcasm

Are you being sarcastic?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Taima posted:

I hope this is the right place to ask but could someone explain wtf is going on with the Crunchyroll Funimation thing?

Is EVERYTHING on Funimation now, already, on Crunchyroll?

I had unsubbed to Crunchy but kept my Funimation (I prefer dubs plz dont hate me) but now it looks like a lot of the Funi stuff is now on Crunchy, but not sure if it ALL is... should I cancel my Funimation and sub to Crunchyroll?

Crunchyroll did give a 60 day premium membership to Funimation subscribers, so I'm on both now. Maybe it's time to sever from Funi but I have found it difficult to understand the timeline, what is on Funi that isn't on Crunchyroll for now, etc.

Sony decided to dissolve the Funimation label and is gradually putting everything that was on the Funi streaming site onto Crunchy

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Wasn't the time limit on Tiger's power down to so small that in the epilogue he was barely able to do hero stuff? Wonder how that's gonna play out.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's gotta be set to some ska, too.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Stink Billyums posted:

school rumble is top tier school comedy. also daily lives of high school boys and FMP fumoffu.

asobi asobase is pretty good and one of the only shows where I never skipped the ED

Yeah, Asobi Asobase is probably the closest thing to nichibros in recent years.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

You have it set to start at the end of the video.

Anyway, I rank Sword Dad a bit below Skeleton Knight--the writing is a little worse and the violence gets a little gratuitous. But it's still pretty good as isekai go, though it's one of those isekai that seems like they just made it an isekai because it was trendy because it has no effect on the story. I'll likely end up watching because I read the manga.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Static avatars suck!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Wait, are Gitmo Moneyson and IM Gei one and the same?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

sb hermit posted:

all I know about cultural references and New Jersey are the two movies Garden State and Harold and Kumar. The only cool thing I know of the former is that I learned that there was a Medieval Times outside of California. The latter is just all around good fun, and I want to go to a real white castle and try to eat a Kumar order, or maybe just the sliders.

EDIT: Oh, and also Clerks took place there.

There's a pretty nice BBQ and Minigolf near the Clerks convenience store now.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

symbolic posted:

this wouldn't have happened if Plutonis had been rightfully instated as the ADTRW mod

Nah, it still would have happened. It's just that if Plutonis was a mod, it would have been even funnier.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Kingtheninja posted:

Haven't subbed to any services in a while, is there any reason to pick funi over CR at this point? Doesn't CR have all of funi's content?

Funi is telling people to cancel their subscriptions and subscribe to CR at this point.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Trolling Thunder posted:

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

I've been asked if there are full-length anime films that were initially produced in English (i.e., weren't later dubbed into English). I don't know much about anime, so I could use some help. Does anyone have any ideas on examples/titles?

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Well, there's Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland. Beautiful film; was a joint American-Japanese production and released in both languages.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Plutonis posted:

Which 18 year old is making a SA account this year

One must be sacrificed, for the good of the harvest.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Stairmaster posted:

pomu rainpuff read my superchat ( :

That's nice, sweetie.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Namtab posted:

There’s canonically only 5

There are four Karens!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

All the anime that aired in 2007 and would have had an episode aired around September 22:
School Days

I choose to believe he wept at that very very nice boat

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Namtab posted:

I like to think of my laziness as redeemable

I'm sorry, but your redemption arc is just not believable.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I'm gonna gently caress the gay space rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Watch Panty & Stocking with Garter Belt instead.