Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Nah, it's all about that marble racing. What could be more anime than a gold medalist sports team that was formed when the founders got so heated when arguing about sports they ate the entire stock of a dumpling restaurant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Lpzie posted:

fairy tale

Might want to check out the authors other works, Rave Master and Eden's Zero, although his habit of wholesale recycling characters designs can grate a bit.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Yakuza Reincarnation's a neat twist. It's about an old man who goes out on his own terms with a few second thoughts and no real regrets past the changing era. And he keeps right on living like a boss on the other side too.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Clearly they need to make an anime for Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ and then confuse the hell out of everybody with an internally consistant card game that doesn't exist.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Saihate no Paladin both missed a week and had a recap episode before finishing the fight against Stagnate. The pacing was just really weird, and if it wasn't for Menel being in the OP, would have thought they were aiming at a half cours series with Will's departure from the ruined city being the ending. As it was, that's when I stopped watching.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Obviously the spice is whatever's most profitable at the next town.

Or least, depending on if this is one of the chapters where Laurence gets tricked.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Oh, hey. They got Log Horizon back.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

seems like the inevitable outcome is crunchy+funi starting to shrug off some of the niche genre stuff, and now you suddenly need hidive if you want to watch new slice-of-life or mecha shows or whatever crunchy doesn't care about.

Somebody at Crunchyroll is a huge SRW fan and likes obscure mecha.
https://www.crunchyroll.com/god-mars

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

So we've moved on from driveby trolling of the vtuber thread to driveby trolling of the non-existence of the vtuber thread. Good job everybody, mission accomplished.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Mirage posted:

Visually, maybe. With a tremendous budget and a good director.

Sound-wise, no fuckin' chance. No real-life song could ever be as good as Jack In! is supposed to be.

Wonder if they could get away with dead silence. The music is too good to be percieved.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

dogsicle posted:

you know it just seems fitting that the show of heroes in a corrupt corporatized structure would have nfts

I was going to make this reference!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

drat, I wonder if they were trying to get the new series out before that happened.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

marumaru posted:

I'm always reminded of Gabe Newell's quote: it's not a piracy problem, it's a service problem.
I still feel that Japan is reluctant / not interested to make their productions easily accessible overseas. If it's more convenient to not pirate, people will pay.

If it's impossible to buy, then piracy isn't a lost sale.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Larryb posted:

They sort of brought her back in Evolution-R in a roundabout way but yeah (her Japanese actress is still alive/working right?), particularly since she’s apparently Ameila’s estranged older sister so it’d be nice to get some interaction between those two

The meet in the Slayers Royal games, but I doubt that pair of 25 year old SRW alikes are going to get rereleased for the anniversary.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There were aparently translation patches in the works for both Royal games, but I don't know the quality or if they were finished :filez:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

I just learned Makai Kingdom was coming to Steam. Today.

One of my favourite NIS titles and its a tragedy it sold so poorly because it deserved a sequel more than Disgaea.

Now they just need to port La Pucelle.

e: La Pucelle and Rhapsody are apparently both being ported. Very happy right now.

I wonder if there's a way to put all the crosses back into LPT.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I'm sorry, but Dijiko is a vtuber now and not allowed to be mentioned in this thread anymore. Also banned is all discussion of Slayers.
:goonsay:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

There's basically no chance the Irish one isn't Cartoon Saloon

That would be amazing.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Macross 0 is very pretty, very poorly written, and basically adds nothing of lasting value to the series. The Frontier movies have a lot of callbacks to things that happened in earlier shows, but other than understanding why the rest of the audience is suddenly popping off about a one liner or a music set, they arn't required to enjoy the show.

I'm going to miss the second movie because Demondice's concert starts at the exact same time.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Pretty sure Macross 2 and + got dubbed in English, but not exactly wide releases.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

i'm gonna start uchuu no stellvia, surely an essential show

We need more shows where the protagonist's super power is just coding really fast.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

They still union busting?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

copy posted:

i liked the claymore manga so i looked up other stuff the author did and the first thing i found was angel densetsu which i also really liked but is a totally different ride from claymore

Angel Densetsu is fantastic.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Just got back from watching the Macross F movie IN AMERICA! I had totally forgotten about Sheyrl hiering an army by throwing her credit card like she played children's card games.

Anyway, I'd like to extend a giant middle finger to Harmony Gold and wish I didn't have other plans on the 30th that are preventing me from watching part two.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Space Flower posted:

if anyone had just posted art like this i would have read helck ages ago

Helck starts like fantasy One Punch Man, but then it develops a second joke and eventually turns serious.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Red Minjo posted:

what the gently caress

Some people don't read books.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

pentyne posted:

Aside from Gundam, what other actually great mecha anime are worth watching? Votoms is the only other classic one I know about.

Escaflowne

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Presumably Namtab's first act as mod will be to restore Karen to full speed.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I'll say this for UQ-Holder, the ending is a polycule with two girls, a guy, a genderfluid bird who usually presents male, and implied to sometimes involve a couple other guys.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

has there even been a LN mecha anime besides full metal panic and 86

Knights and Magic? But, that one’s also isekai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

As lovely as Harmony Gold became years later, Robotech and Sailor Moon were my first anime.