Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Julias posted:

New thread rule: Don't talk about v-tubers or post their content here. I will probate you.

Welcome to 2022.

OP has broken the thread rule and should be probed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Namtab posted:

The extremely epic nazi
I don't think Stroheim ever does anything that actually helps. Maybe distracting Kars briefly in the last fight?

Strange Quark posted:

I forget what happens with koichis stalker

He's the author's SI, so he gets his own spinoff series.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Everything Burrito posted:

that only applies if you are actually Dark Schneider

Isn't that a guy from Homestuck

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Didn't check this forum in a few days, and now there's a billion pages in the chat thread and a new mod. I assume there was an Event.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The René Magrittes of horny anime art on danbooru, trying to decide whether to tag an image with "kuroe_shizuku" or "kuroe_shizuku_(cosplay)"

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

So since it has become the topic, what's a good magic anime then? I've seen LWA and I keep up with Mashle.

I was weirdly fond of the Fate/Zero spinoff where the kid wizard had grown up to be a wizard professor who was also a detective.

He investigated mysteries, and none of them made any sense because everyone involved was a wizard.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

People skip EDs? But the atmosphere...

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Glad streaming services are incentivising people to do the right thing and go back to pirating poo poo.

Did people ever stop?

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

These translations are good

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

macabresca posted:

I wasn't really paying attention to Funi-CR merge but I just started wondering: if Funimation isn't available in my country but Crunchyroll (mostly) is, then what's it gonna be like after the merge?

Cat noise (two "a"s), period, Italian for "yes".

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Namtab posted:

But people have to watch an anime on this day, Anime Sunday, and post it in this thread. or else….

I finished the new Tiger and Bunny today.

The sort of petty interpersonal drama you'd get in a typical cute girl club show is much more amusing when it's coming from large square men who's job is crime punching.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

Watching episode one of Yurei Deco. The world has kind of the same vibe as the one in Hannu Rajaniemi's "The Quantum Thief", but with the addition of social scores (likes).

My first thought was Down And Out In The Magic Kingdom, but yeah. Very promising.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

Im just saying he sucked, but we aren't going to celebrate anyone getting shotgun blasted to the chest with a homemade hand cannon.

"politicians murdered in the street" is a pretty bad thing to be happening, even if the particular politician sucked.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The real tragedy is that he died before the inevitable Matt Smith Morbius dance edit.

(Or did he?)

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Mazed posted:

If the anime completely excised the sexualization of children, and the weird, gross, unnecessary peripheral baggage (pee pants, living toilets, etc.) it might not be completely terrible.

Reading over that sentence, it's hard to disagree with the motion to ditch the series entirely. Not without frustration, because the setting of it is genuinely good. I do not understand what it is that compels creators to inject otherwise decent works with their hosed up fetishy garbage.

Are there some better shows out there with the same kind of fantastical journey-into-the-unknown, alien-setting-that-exists-by-it's-own-rules adventure stories? I'm drawing a blank because it seems like most fantasy these days is overwhelmed by isekai.

Personally, I don't think saying that a hosed-up weirdo produced an interesting piece of art constitutes moral approval of that particular weirdo's hosed-uppitude.

If it didn't, it would be hard to appreciate, frankly, most art. Just watch the show if you want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

you just converted deeply sealed 15 year old memories into a chill up my spine

... it's 20 by now.