Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
:siren:UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGES, THERE IS NO INDICATION OF US MILITARY INTERVENTION IN UKRAINE. DO NOT SPREAD RUMORS ABOUT IT UNLESS IT COMES FROM AN OFFICIAL US SOURCE:siren:

Greetings all, welcome to a new era. Current events is being rebooted and more strictly moderated, the old CE thread is getting moved to CCCC and will be available there for all your less moderated US Current Events needs.

In the meantime, feel free to post US Current Events here. If you have one that you feel is particularly important and needs its own thread, feel free to make an individual thread.

Please wear masks and get your boosters to avoid becoming part of the COVID economy.

Old US CE Thread now in CCCC: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989484

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Well, since the tread title references a booming economy:

Economy us not booming and, even if it is, it's not helping 90% of us.

I don't give a gently caress what they say or how they measure it.

Filling up my car and my shopping cart is a whole new lesson in frugality right now so Biden can go gently caress himself.

Motherfuckers can't fill jobs because they don't pay enough, don't offer health care, are inflexible with their hours, treat their workers like children, are mind numbingly repetitive, STILL drug test for weed even if it's legal and only have punitive policies in place for their workers.

I've worked a few places that:

- Don't offer paid 10 or 15 minute breaks of any kind during an 8-10 hour shift
- Have a rigid 1/2 hour lunch policy at a designated time for everyone, even if that does not matter to your job
- punish you for punching in early, let alone late. I'm talking about 5 or 10 minutes either way. I tend to leave early so as not to be late most times and gently caress sitting in my car or the break room if I have to work to do, know my job and jsut want to clock in. I can shave the 10 or 15 minutes somewhere.
- Have blanket No Cell Phones policies, which, as a parent of a 10 year old with epilepsy, ADHD and autism is a non starter and untenable
- Won't allow me to bring my son in with me during off school days even if I'm just sitting at a computer and he is not a safety risk nor a distraction. Finding someone to watch him for 10 hours basically offsets any money I make by coming in to work.
- No ear buds even if it doesn't effect anything you're doing
- Expect you to monitor your cell phone and email during off the clock hours for company messages and calls (gently caress you) but won't let you tend to your poo poo ON the clock.
- Have a "points" system that tabulates every time you have a doctor appointment, are 10 minutes late, leave 10 minutes early or "get caught" violating policy (like taking a call from your doctor, bank, family, etc.)

Its not booming, for sure. They are largely basing it on the "Job Opening" numbers rather than pure employment percentage of the population. The joke was around the booming Omicron numbers.

So you have all these companies offering garbage positions for garbage jobs for garbage pay and somehow the Biden Admin is interpreting it as a booming economy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My main worry with this is that the AI will inevitably get bored with doing things the correct way and start loving with us for fun. Youtube is filled with videos' of people playing sim games who decided "What if I caused problems on purpose for shits and giggles?" and I get the feeling that any AI we create in our image will go down a similar path if given unlimited power.

I could easily see our new AI God turning our public transportation system into Mr. Bones Wild Ride: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3lANHeZey0

Or recreating a dystopian soceity out of a YA novel to see how that would play out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4opd7XNHj4

Or unleashing some sort of "Final Pam" upon us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1jGnFt78H8

Basically I'm imagining a "I have No Mouth and Yet I must Scream" scenario. The only difference is what's being done to us isn't done out of hate, it's done out of the sheer joy born from creation and chaos.

Lemme tell you a secret: Most AI's are not AIs. We are nowhere near artificial intelligence. Nearly everything you see is machine learning stuff that isn't capable of actual intelligent decisions.
Chill.

Oracle posted:

The word 'lie' is almost never used among politicians, like ever. Its that whole 'decorum' thing. You can accuse your opponent of misrepresenting the truth, of mendacity, of other synonyms the vast majority of the American people don't know the meaning of, but to outright call something a bald faced lie is pretty drat unheard of.

That Biden used it repeatedly, basically called him out and accused of him of multiple actionable crimes is a huge, huge, HUGE deal and pretty unprecedented. People who love to scream about liberals love of decorum uber alles should be sitting up and taking note right now, because this is a Big Deal(tm) and hopefully means they've got some serious evidence on Trump because this is libel level accusations.

Its just ashame the speech itself was pretty boring otherwise. But yeah, I want to see how Trump reacts.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 6, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Oracle posted:

Maybe they were aiming to give him a rage-induced heart attack and solve the problem that way, because I would not want to be a vase/tv remote/flatscreen in Mar-A-Lago right now.

Given Garland's speech yesterday(?) that basically "Both Sides" political violence, I wonder what Biden going this far to bad actually will mean other than maybe to try to appease a very upset Dem voting base.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

"Oh man, they hate this Trump guy so much they voted for the GOP candidate! We should double down" - Dem strategists

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bel Shazar posted:

It isn't, and i would love to see that party self destruct as well. Regardless, the Democrats are a waste and deserve nothing but scorn and derision until they vanish into the history books.

While the Dems are a poo poo party, and are doing poo poo tactics, the solution is probably not "You just gotta hand it to em" by letting the GOP having an electoral majority by encouraging less voting. And given that third parties are not likely to replace any of the major two parties anytime soon without enforcing ranked choice voting across the country, what do you suggest we do in the meantime?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Gerund posted:

You will be shocked to learn that the collapse of the 2nd party in a two-party system results in a new second party.

But is without example in the US Legislative system. Either you get consolidated, the parties switch allegiances/policy (The Southern Strategy), or the other party just fights the validity of the 2nd party at all (which is what is happening now).

Bel Shazar posted:

I have no solutions. Seems to me there's no remedy since the problem is the people, not just the system. All I DO know is we will find no solutions until we stop pretending solutions are currently possible.

As for voting, I'll continue to encourage people to vote for the least evil viable candidate because accelerationism seems to be very privileged position, and *hope* that future generations learn positive lessons from the poo poo we're all about to face.

I mean, we're about to have single party rule at the federal level and a majority of states with the Democrats still existing... seems getting rid of them and opening a space for new parties isn't what's causing single party rule in America.

That's fine, I was just curious in what you propose, that's all.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Republicans posted:

In the alternate timeline where Trump won and a similar riot happed by anti-Trump protesters I wonder what today would be like.

Freedom Day or something else painfully patriotic.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Meatball posted:

It really sucks in this case, but I agree.

I was recently selected for jury duty and to answer some voire dire questions (the written ones), they asked if I knew (list of police officers). If I knew them and wanted to be on the jury, I would say no, and possibly serve on the jury, maybe not in the interest in justice, but in the interest of my cop buddy.

Given the percentage of women in the United States who have been sexually assaulted or harassed, there'd certainly be a lot of jurors thrown out just for being women.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bishyaler posted:

And who do you think was doing that before?

Bishayler unless you've changed your mind about violence against DND posters, I don't think you are supposed to be posting here.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1480956487199596548?t=YD3utSkFgadRdBWjuf7s6A&s=19

Lol, oh no, Mitch might keep doing that thing he already does when Manchin doesn't beat him to it.

Oh No, Please Mister Mitch. Don't do what you always do.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Willa Rogers posted:

I think in our district, the administrators of which have a fondness for giving millions of dollars to consultants, it was in the consultant-layered common-core rollout that added complexities on top of the newness of the pedagogy itself.

Plus, as said, teaching old horses new tricks; comfort with teaching the same curricula from year to year was definitely a factor, particularly at the grade-school level.

A good example is my kid's school district: Its lower income, a lot of non-white kids. They are pushing common-core, but they fail to give the children the explanation of how to do it properly and there's a lot of kids struggling with basic math now because common-core is not being taught properly.

The benefits of common-core, when well taught, are well documented. The harm of badly taught common-core is the issue. And when these kids support network is their parents, who may or may not be available to support their kids or may not be willing to grasp common core enough to ensure their kids succeed, there's going to be a lot of issues.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 12, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cranappleberry posted:

The graft is massive and is one of the reasons why just throwing money at the problem cannot be a solution all on it's own. It has to be money with context from the teachers and the local community (no matter how bad an idea this seems), as well as from experts studying the issues. The Zuckerberg donation of 100m to create charter schools and "fix" educational problems in Trenton is proof of that.

Common core itself had some problems but it is better even if it doesn't address many of the larger problems with education from local to state to national. I tutored math and other things on both sides and the (local) problem I had with Common Core was that there were not enough repetitions of individual techniques so much as a focus on variety. Repetition might be boring but it's important in order for a student both to get the technique down and remember it and also to understand that no matter how different an equation or problem might look, it can still have a (somewhat) similar method of getting the solution, even if it looks crazy with trigonometric operators or fractional or negative exponents.

Am I correct in saying it feels like they are trying to squeeze more in, hence the loss of repetition?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mellow Seas posted:

Always a classic:

"Doesn't matter what your policy says, we're denying you" - Insurance Agent.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Lib and let die posted:

And no, co-pays don't count towards your deductible(s)!

"Also, even if we cover the doctor, we don't cover the (very expensive) lab tests and the anesthesiologist. Get hosed."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I had to do a bunch of labs for my kid last year and found out the hard way that the lab IN THE loving CHILDRENS HOSPITAL is not in-network, and got completely hosed on the bill.

Yeah, easy to forget that little detail. I priced out the monthly COBRA on my insurance recently as I may be switching jobs. There was no way I could pay the amount they were asking just to cover insurance for the transition period.

Insurance is a loving parasite.

Yup. Same. Both for my annuals and my kids labs, not covered. They paid $15 of the $600.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Oath Keepers is very much a right wing group. Their talking points are fully aligned with Right Wing talking points. It is a Far Right Anti-Government org and nobody is going into that group thinking otherwise.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Shooting Blanks posted:

Yes! Developed by Thomas Midgley, leaded gasoline had positive effects for engines but horrendous effects on health. Lead has been a known toxin since the time of the Romans, but that didn't stop Mr. Midgley! He went on to later develop chloroflourocarbons, better known as Freon, which were one of the primary culprits of depleting the ozone layer.

Ugh, Midgley. What a raging rear end in a top hat.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

The economy is doing worse. I don't give a gently caress what metrics people are using that tell me otherwise.

And I've loving had it up to here with the idea that the stimulus checks and extended UEI created all this inflation. I know that $1400 was a real life changer for me, boy.

Yeah, the only people doing great in this economy are big money and investors. Everywhere else: Logistics is crashing, groceries are getting harder to find, inflation is up, businesses are purposefully raising prices to maximize profit in a critical time for consumers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Velocity Raptor posted:

This poo poo infuriates the hell out of me since I waited tables for 5 years after I graduated with my BS in Software Engineering, and I've dealt with this attitude directly. Wage and intelligence are not directly correlated.

idgaf if his full message is that these types of people need more financial assistance (honestly don't know, assuming best case). Just because you work a minimum wage job doesn't mean that you're an idiot and incapable of anything better, and he shouldn't be using that messaging even if his intention was to help (again, assuming best case).

From 'Essential Workers' to 'Unskilled Labor' in record time.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mercury_Storm posted:

30 million actually, if we're doing crypto the undeserved dignity of valuing it in dollars.

https://twitter.com/lorenzofb/status/1484178271138947072

I mean, the only way crypto has ANY value is by relating it to how much its worth in USD. That's the only way it has value. If you can't get USD for crypto, its nearly worthless.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mercury_Storm posted:

You got it mate, the real value is $0.

Yup. Initially when Amazon and Microsoft started accepting Bitcoin, the trick was it was only possible because they had an exchange that would quickly give them the USD value after the purchase. As soon as that exchange folded (as they often do) they quickly reversed course.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Willa Rogers posted:

Now, to most dnd'ers, Healy's questions--and even his answers to Julia--seem like cold, objective truths. Yet having the Opinion editor of the NYT state his convictions while trying to suss out voters' feelings & motives flies in the face of every principle for facilitating focus groups.

dnd is not a hivemind, knock it off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Lib and let die posted:

Just say yes or no if you think homeless people should be shamed and bullied no one wants to read your condescending screeds

Hi guys, mod here. If you do not wish to read it, then don't. But we don't need you to post this. Either you Debate and Discuss what was written, provide your own content, or lurk. We don't need a running feedback of why you won't read someone's posts. That's what the Report button is for.

Enjoy your day

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Yes, sorry for “posting about posting” but without a feedback thread there’s no other place for it.

I was enjoying the discussion and was learning from some new perspectives (I hadn’t considered Warren might have been treated less favorably if she were male, for example). Thought provoking discussions about recent events occur organically and moving them to dedicated threads often ends the discourse. I’m sure I’m not the only one who hasn’t been here for the 2020 dem primary discussions, to me it’s not “done to death”. Occasionally rehashing previous topics doesn’t impede the discussion of other, newer events.

The thread has been pretty good overall, but Limiting discussion topics to mod-approved current events stifles free and fruitful discussions. in this posters opinion, anyways

The main issue is the hashed and rehashed primary chat. Again, if your fear is that discourse will die in a dedicated US Primary thread, then is there really that much interest?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
My point is: Plenty of threads survive just fine, often with Us centric topics. Despite the claims: There is no mod conspiracy to shut down topics. That is not the goal. Its a manageability issue. Plenty of topics (1/6 being a good example to name one) are perfectly capable of standing on their own, why not Primary chat? The only reason it couldn't is because there isn't actually that much interest. Or maybe there is and you just haven't tried making the thread yet.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Willa Rogers posted:

And my point was: Could we have a list of topics that mods want disappeared from this thread into their own threads?

eta: Plus an ETA on the return of the feedback thread. Thanks!

A very loaded question I would say. And Feedback thread would be up to Koos.

Either way Willa: You seem to have a lot of resources around polling and primary/politics, why haven't you made a thread for it?

https://twitter.com/CBSSunday/status/1485266433164595206?s=20

Another "Feel Good Story" about using Child Labor to avoid paying people more and actually providing incentives to employees.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1484872732542128130?s=20

Florida Committee passed a bill that makes it illegal for educators to discuss LGBT issues. There's also a bill to require them to out LGBT kids to their parents.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 24, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Fair enough, but while I have your attention:

Please take further discussion of this nature to the dedicated COVID 19 thread :cheeky:

Its about child labour, not the COVID issues. Which is an increasingly common way that the US is addressing labor """shortages"""

Much like Biden positing that Teens could solve the trucking shortages which don't exist:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/safe-driver-teenage-truckers_n_61e1cf12e4b01f707da2fb3b
Time had a good article why the supposed shortage isn't a real thing, but is instead an attempt to drive trucking labor costs down:
https://time.com/6116853/truck-driver-shortage-supply-chain

Also: You get a pass this time, do poo poo like this again, eat a probe. Its not helpful. Its not funny.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 24, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1485633186256273409

Is this just typical Russian sabre rattling, or would they actually deploy forces and missiles to Venezuela and Cuba?

Its saber rattling. There's no indication Cuba actually wants this, nor would it really change anything? Russia already parks Nuclear armed Subs off the US coast, and no army is going to invade the US from Cuba (not to mention that's not the point of NATO anyways which is part of what Putin is upset about anyways)

Its just Putin trying to look big and bad. Russia already tried the appeasement method with the US by arresting REvil ransomware operators to get them to back off on Ukraine. And Putin also already knows his demands are never going to be met.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Velocity Raptor posted:

A friend of mine sent me this article about Wisconsin health care workers were being barred via court order from starting a new job.

This all seems really hosed up that a judge is able to block employees from leaving a company for another one that offers better pay and benefits. This really seems like a Slapp-type lawsuit to prevent workers from actually taking control of their lives.

Basically it seems like the gist is that some healthcare workers got fed up with the conditions at their current job and sought employment elsewhere. They found another company that offered better pay, benefits, and life balance, so they accepted. The company they were leaving threw a shitfit and got an injunction to stop them from working at the new company until it is determined whether or not these employees were "poached," which going by the last lines of the article, it sounds like the employees did this purely voluntarily.

They even notified their current employer about the offer then they were told that it wasn't worth it to counter.

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2022/01/21/what-we-know-ascension-thedacare-court-battle-over-employees/6607417001/

Whole article quoted because it does the "limited articles per month" thing. Bolding mine.

Yeah I saw this, and its a concerning development that this might become more common in Right to Work states. At this point its returning to the age of indentured servitude.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 24, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

PhazonLink posted:

Right to Wing is a pretty good freudian slip/typo or smart keyboard mistake.

Agreed, I like it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

"On the next episode of Well There's Your Problem..."

christmas boots posted:

This is more of an At-Will thing than Right To Work, isn't it?

True, thanks for the correction.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Eric Cantonese posted:

I've been curious about this. Doesn't Russia have the EU over a barrel due to the EU's need for oil and natural gas?

For the most part, yes. There are other sources, but Russia is largely the cheapest. That was the whole issue with Germany building out Nordstream 2 is it largely puts Germany and the EU in a hard spot if Russia decides to use it as leverage.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Velocity Raptor posted:

In today's edition of "Entitled old white lawmakers afraid of confronting change because it might make them feel icky," the Florida GOP has advanced a bill banning schools from "encouraging" talk of sexual orientation or identity.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/24/politics/florida-bill-lgbtq-school-discussions/index.html

The GOP are trying to spin it that they are only trying to protect elementary level children, since they wouldn't know anything about gender identity and sexual orientation.

See? This is only to protect our sweet innocent children from learning about the possibility of being gay. This surely won't be used later to encroach upon older children or teenagers. They just want to help.

Colloquially, this bill is being called the "Don't Say Gay" bill.

I posted this yesterday, critical to note this is being proposed alongside a mandatory reporting bill requiring teachers to out LGBT kids to their parents.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Velocity Raptor posted:

This sounds dangerously close to bringing about thoughtcrime. Don't talk about being gay, don't think about being gay, don't appear to be gay, or there will be consequences.

I'm surprised we aren't seeing riots over these new regressive bills that are getting passed in red states. This is getting double-plus ungood.

I mean this is Florida, the state that has at least a few city Police Departments doing 'interventions' against kids based on racist algorithms.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/07/17/1005396/predictive-policing-algorithms-racist-dismantled-machine-learning-bias-criminal-justice/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

DTurtle posted:

This runs the other way as well.

Kind of? Russia could care less if Germany cuts of the gas. Their economy already sucks and Putin is not kept in power by some voting majority. He's largely a dictator, president for life.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Majorian posted:

That's not strictly true. Putin is a strongman leader, but he still has stakeholders he has to please. The siloviki are still loyal to him and his regime, but if their profits start flagging and public support for the government starts drying up, they could decide it's time to put him out to pasture.

But the security services and military still largely answer to him. I don't think he'd just agree to leave even if he lost his financial backers, even in his kleptocracy.

This is a guy who authorized the use of nerve agents against people he doesn't like and sent out assassin squads to kill people in other countries because they SAID something bad.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this proposed Florida law be in violation of any number of federal civil rights laws/ statutes?

Or has Florida decided they are just their own country at this point?

I mean they are basically wanting to buck OSHA, I think Texas is as well. So, yeah, they are basically wanting to give the Feds the finger.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

VideoGameVet posted:

The media appears to be incapable of looking beyond the last few years on this whole mess:

n 1997, with Clinton’s support, NATO invited Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic to join it, and they did so in 1999. There were people who saw that this would inflict counterproductive humiliation on Russia.

George Kennan, who is often called (in some ways misleadingly) the architect of the Cold War doctrine of containment, said in 1998:

"I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake. There was no reason for this whatsoever. No one was threatening anybody else. This expansion would make the Founding Fathers of this country turn over in their graves.… Of course there is going to be a bad reaction from Russia, and then [the advocates of NATO expansion] will say that we always told you that is how the Russians are—but this is just wrong."

And the 2014 Coup? Seems our Victoria Nuland had some role in that too.

The problem being that nations that didn't inevitably mysteriously ended up with extremely Russian friendly President's/Premiers/etc. put in place. I don't think the ongoing issue in Ukraine reflects this claim. You can go back to 2008 to get a good understanding of how Russia felt about even a non-NATO Ukraine: Ukraine cannot be an independent nation and either should be subject to Russian veto or total control. And to drive the point home, as soon as Bush said Ukraine was not being considered for NATO membership, Russian promptly invaded Georgia.

The reality is, Cold War ghosts aside and the phantasm of East vs West, Putin is a kleptocrat with a big head and a desire to reunify Russian assets, and by assets we mean any ex-Warsaw Pact nation that went independent. Even moreso, Putin has hammered home that any opposition will be outright murdered, poisoned, pushed out windows or down staircases. Even if you are not even in a country under Putin's thumb.

This is not a replay of the Cold War and fears of communism/socialism. Putin is very much a dangerous individual with goals of his own that is counter to what the sovereign state of Ukraine wants. The talk of "buffer zones" and "Russian property" is just the new Sudetenland/Danzig excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Florida has apparently decided that a professor who lived through the civil rights era speaking is now "Critical Race Theory"

A public school cancelled his speech because they were concerned that his experience could be considered Critical Race Theory under the new Florida law.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/florida-school-district-cancels-professors-civil-rights-lecture-critic-rcna13183

Yup. this was always what the Anti-CRT stuff was, no surprises here.