Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Devor posted:

Note that you can't rewind, so once it's gone, it's gone for the immediate term, unless someone is being tricky with saving the stream

I'm assuming someone, somewhere is and it'll come out.

In other news, I had stuff to do today, but, well... Yep.

Fake edit : god this lawyer is a loving snake, "O no I swear this wasn't shared with me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Tree Dude posted:

Is the plan for KF still to do daily-ish episodes during the trial? That was considered at one point, right?

I've been pretty curious about that, but the only thing I know about is Dan mentioning updates as things go forward in general.

They're noodling around down in Austin, so who knows what their availability is. As in like, honestly who knows ; Dan could be doing some expert witness madness behind the scenes we can't see or him and Jordan could be day-drinking from a brown bag just off camera on the live feed. Probably neither of those extremes, but all I'm going off of there is world knowledge.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Would you blame them at all if they were doing both witness testimony and day drinking? The first leading in to the second is a pretty understandable reaction.

Not at all.

If I still drank, I'd have a glass of something in my hand right now.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Yeah I saw that and I’m intensely curious what happened in that hallway.

Very torn between the adult-brain desire for this trial to go well and a giant vortex of raw id hoping there’s video of Jordan harassing the absolute poo poo out of Jones.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

loving Hilary mention in the defense's opening statement.

Jesus christ.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Stevie P under the bus

I mean, in a just world that should basically be his home.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Deptfordx posted:

How the gently caress can a man with that level of anxiety also be a stand up comic? :psyduck:

I don't know Jordan's interior life, but speaking as someone with pretty severe anxiety who is friends with others : what makes you anxious can vary a lot. Like some things that I'm not gonna go into turn me into a complete wreck, but I've taught lecture halls full of college kids for years with good success. Public speaking isn't always a problem for people.

Unconnected but I still have the stream up and I can see the lawyers arguing something but there's no sound and it's killing me not knowing. I'm dying.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

teen witch posted:

WE GOT DARIA

How much we wanna bet that Daria violates this rule she's swearing?

Edit : and no Alex?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

loving lol at the defense asking if the clock could please run out already.

Lmao.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

ILL Machina posted:

There's some assumption there will be bad fact checking ultra close to events being reported on. And reporters can be emotionally effected and not say the correct thing while in the moment.

...5 years later...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I don't think this has ever come up in a Law and Order episode and thats my only source of legal matters. Could Dan be called as an expert witness, or would him having an infowars podcast be considered a conflict of interest?

He is actually an expert witness, just not giving testimony. He's consulting.

But yeah, he could.

Also loving love that Daria felt the need to clarify Gotham geography.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I watched the whole god drat thing. It was absolutely exhausting, especially Daria’s testimony.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Gonna stitch Daria’s testimony into a cover of 4’33”.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

red19fire posted:

At the end of the stream the judge talked about the hours of time each side spent. Do they account for the amount of time they have to ask Daria 8 times to answer a simple yes/no question? She’s infuriating on the formulaic objections episodes.

It’s like soccer. They get time back for fuckery but it’s not like it’s perfect accounting.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

It's literally just a perfect re-enactment of the deposition.

Daria still has absolutely no response for these Halbig e-mails, and they're still one of the most agonizing thing to ever be read.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Did Wolfgang Halbig have to give a deposition or testify?

I think* he's one of the people who has straight up hosed off.

*Note that this is a vague enough memory that it should be treated as just "guy who listens to Knowledge Fight depo epos a lot think this might be the case, maybe"

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

LionYeti posted:

If I were Alex's lawyer I'd have tackled her off the stand by now.

It's like watching someone getting eaten alive by increasingly large and aggressive ants.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Mark Bankston got Daria to cry on the stand.

So that's cool.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I wanna know what a witness has to do to get something stronger than a firm talking-to. Civil perjury every 10 minutes, refusing to co-operate, rank disrespect ; it’s so enraging.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Asking who, exactly, is a hired actor in the court is the best question for Shroyer.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

The filmmaker sounds like a terrible person, but I'm morbidly curious as to how bad her incel documentary is.

Insult to injury, there's absolutely no excuse for not using Incelluloid as the title for your incel movie.

It's just rude.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I'm assuming they mean Mark and. Bill.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

What of Stav left Cumtown to join Knowledge Fight

If you showed this sentence to a rando with no context, I think you could cause an aneurysm.

carefully not saying ‘stroke’ and ‘cumtown’ in the same sentence

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I don't know how to feel about them finally having some interaction. One of the few things InfoWars and co. have ever been consistent about is not acknowledging Dan and Jordan.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

You think Dan and Jordan are still in the air?

This would sure be a thing to hear about when you land.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

I think they would have been suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper careful with that data dump for the ten days required for it to be admissible evidence so I can't see them teasing it like that.

God can you imagine Mark checking his e-mail on his phone every ten seconds before today.

It’s a million times worse than normal cause you’d be desperately waiting for something to not happen.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Alex Jones is 48 and he's one of the younger people compared to like Roger Stone and poo poo.

Just think about how many loving weird unnecessary emojis are gonna be in those loving text messages.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Dan would fit right in on a solid chunk of the shows.

Jordan should be an opener for Marketplace : “MOOONNNEEY!!!”

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Froghammer posted:

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me but it's Dan quizzing people about ska

No offense to Peter Sagal but I would listen to that so loving hard.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

FFT posted:

It's only been due to the tweets lately that I realized Jordan has been saying "and I'm gotobedjordan" not "and nowgotobedjordan" this whole time

how did you learn to steal my thoughts and memories

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

The recorder's friend SMASH seems cool.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

red19fire posted:

One of the horrific things was that it was better to believe in the conspiracy because then at least there’s hope the kids are still alive somewhere. Real :stare: stuff.

E:fb

Yeah I couldn’t check while I was listening so there was a protracted period of wondering which specific ice cold crazy thing Daria said.

Between her being a xenomorph and a cumulative 14 hours of deposition and testimony, she said a LOT of hosed up poo poo.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Craft brewery of experts was a great line.

Mark's wife laughing in the background at that line was great.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Isn't that just Lesser Magic from Laveyan Satanism but made even dumber and not understood?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Confusedslight posted:

Alex Jones as a doom boss is a mod I bet exists.

Not Doom but : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LtTdGJNV3c

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Confusedslight posted:

That's brilliant.

The dude has a whole series where he takes real audio of right wing crazies and then does bizarre animations that slowly seep into being cosmic horror.

It's kind of perfect in a very weird way.

Personal favorite : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiYnNmigbmQ

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

0konner posted:

I clearly don’t know what syllable patterns are at all.

The stress timing.

It’s why not all 8-syllable strings scan like “teenage mutant ninja turtles”, but e.g. “put gay robots in your girlfriend” does.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Didn't know that Dan sold his god drat plasma to fund the early days.

Or was that a very dark joke?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I thought I was over-doing it being a Mark fanboy, but this is more than a bit too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

ILL Machina posted:

Over what line show it to me

The legal line.