Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
:woop:

super excited to play my soulfist in a few weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
the best thing about lost ark, it is free to play and try - so if you hate the playstyle, nothing is lost but some time to try it out :)

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
another thing i did want to note, the thread title is a bit misleading. you must buy at least the $15 founders pack to play 3 days early (on Feb 8). the game releases for everyone as free to play on Feb 11. this is in the OP, but just want to make sure it’s pointed out since it is in the thread title. lol

if you are looking at founder's packs, i believe gold is typically the “best” option, but people who have looked into the store side and are more familiar with the different options may be able to expand on the best choices and why.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i think there are several of us planning on playing east coast

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
there seems to be enough of us around to help out with a second guild until we can get everyone's main into one. i am at work and can't watch that video - but what are the requirements to increase the guild limit cap?

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
oof. not the news i was hoping for. what a bummer. :(

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
here is a decent guide that shows the gearing path up through T3: https://papunika.com/growth-guide/

i think the majority of us were hoping for T1/T2 at most for launch to space out all of the content (and give time for unreleased classes to unlock), so we will have to see what all will be available from T3 immediately. it’s very vague from the announcement as “only get their feet wet.”

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
definitely don’t let it hurt your hype! we have lots of people prepping to play together. the content of T1/T2 is still important, so we will definitely be running everything. plus, i’m sure the poopsocking streamers and such will have new guides out by the time the normal rush of people get through the content.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
yeah, now that i have slept on the news, i am excited! i still feel really bad for those who want to main a class that is not released; we will just have to help each other when they come out to get caught up. :)

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
a few people have mentioned that reddit and big streamers are planning on Azena right now, sooo uhhhh... not that one lol

probably after this weekend/next week, we will need to do some sort of poll to figure it out after more of the streamers and such make their plans so we can avoid the annoying population

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

orphean posted:

I mean if you're not obsessively min-maxing every single second of the game to ensure the quickest most efficient gains are you even really playing???? :smug:

Yes.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOO! :sickos:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
the NA east goon guild is just gonna be named <Paladins> at this point

:lmao:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i will punch em all down with my soulfist :hai:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
one week, friends!!! :woop:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Internet Explorer posted:

Has a server been decided upon yet? Haven't had time to join the Discord.

For East Coast, we are still deciding - but leaning towards Regulus. That is not final at all - we are keeping an eye on where people (mainly big name streamers/reddit) are going to avoid that messy mess.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I absolutely despise Youtube "guides/tutorial" videos, so I will try to share a few good text guides when I find them.

General guides:
https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/
https://papunika.com/

End game prep:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19NIlKjBmG77KM74zc7uDQuJ5HPhSno6fLGqIsmFelb4/edit#gid=0

This is a "56k watch out huge" image, so I will use [timg], but it has a ton of info on it:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

I said come in! posted:

If you don't mind, i'm gonna go ahead and shove this guide into the OP for future reference.

Feel free, I will share some others if I run across them. Those main ones though cover a lot of beginner information.

I think it is also important to keep in mind that we still don't know exactly what is going to be in the full release (and even sometimes what the systems will be called as many names have changed), so give people a week or so to update their guides. Don't get frustrated because things don't match up yet or it seems confusing. Most guide writers played RU/KR, or only played in the beta, and are used to those systems and names. We also don't know how much T3 is actually being released or other details like that since quite a bit has changed since the open beta. It will take about a week for things to catch up officially.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Lamquin posted:

How duo/party friendly is the leveling compared to, say, World of Warcraft? Is it possible to group up from the start and play together, or are there "individual" quests/cinematics/rabbit holes breaking the flow a bit?

I played with someone the majority of beta, questing together and such. It wasn't too bad. There are some solo scenario type things that breaks it up a bit, but we didn't find it annoying or anything like that. The only issue we had sometimes was with phasing, but zoning in and out seemed to fix it easily. It is definitely a little different than WoW questing with someone, but I still found it fun and plan to be grouped for the majority of leveling at release.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
hype is reaching maximum levels! :woop:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

I said come in! posted:

23 hours to go! :woop:

woooooooo!

:3:

Pryce posted:

You're talking about Goons and a guild system that limits (initially) membership to 30 players. There will absolutely be drama shitstorms.

US-East has an army of friendly people who are helping out with invites as well as starting up more guilds as needed, all being handled via Discord. Right now, there are plans for 3 guilds (and more will be made as needed) and instructions for mains only, and how that is going to be tracked. So... drama will really dumb if people are mad about not getting a guild invite in a situation were we know guilds are limited and having been planning for weeks now. :lmao:

So... if people want an invite and information, you will have to join the Discord that is linked above by MarcusSA if you plan on playing with the large US-East group.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Follow your fellow goons if you would like something smaller and more chill than the big time creators that will abandon the game by next week anyways for Horizon Forbidden West, and Elden Ring. Also be sure to follow our fellow SA admin, Pragmatica

Uhh... Yes, I am also a content creator partner and will have drops enabled starting on Feb 11th. I will be streaming daily starting tomorrow at launch (unless I am stuck in a queue).

Edit: Just as an FYI... I am not some sort of crazy streamer person. I do it for friends who are around and wanna play games and chat at the same time. So, don't expect "a show" or whatever. I am NOT a professional streamer at all with no desire to be one, and it is just a hobby thing.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

esto es malo posted:

hey i heard this game might be fun i sure would like to play with some fun havers

only sweaty fun haters itt

:cheeky:

edit: gently caress what a snype lol

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I am having so much fun!!! :woop:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
ended at 33 on sorc after dealing with a poo poo queue and also having time to play a bit on my soulfist. it’s a good game. everyone should come try it! :)

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Jimbot posted:

https://twitter.com/Naguura/status/1491221717834149890

My character can liquefy enemies with her fists and perform acrobatic derring-do but has this run cycle. I laughed really hard when I noticed it too.

I absolutely love it. It is so incredibly dramatic and extra. :kiss:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Third World Reagan posted:

I played the panty class during beta and it felt so bad and weird, the whole thing, of bimbo walking and gathering old panties to hold into my inventory that I gave up on it.

:chloe: It is just an icon on a tool tip. Does it really matter if the armor image looks like that? Does it really detract that much from just putting on the armor and going on with your gameplay? Weird thing to say either way, OP.

Anyway, there is comedy and honesty in those tooltip images. A lot of the time, the character has on a dress - so having full pants as a tooltip would be a little weird because it doesn't match what is in the game. Like... a sense of humor goes a long way in this game, and changing it to pants because it makes you uncomfortable for whatever reason - calling it the "panty bimbo" class is really weird.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
hit 50 an hour or so ago. absolutely LOVED the weird steampunk zone and dungeons. what a silly game!!!

pet drops open up for me tomorrow if you tune into my twitch. thank you to those who have stopped by and said hi. i know i’m bad at twitch chat because i have been so focused on leveling, but i really appreciate it! :3:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
If you have Royal Crystals (the orangey ones), there is a very good pack to buy in the store:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i’ve also followed the Saintone sorc guide but i hate youtube videos, so here is a text explanation: https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/build-guides/sorceress-leveling-guide

i used this to hit 50 very quickly, and had a loving BLAST doing it (lol)

after 50, there are more guides to follow in the links. also, keep in mind that the names of spells and stuff are a little different, but the icons are the same in game. that threw me off a bit when i was reading this stuff but you get used to the differences if you just follow the icons.

also, i’m using the soulfist one from the maxroll site, and it’s also really good and clear to follow.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

explosivo posted:

Any way to guarantee you'll be in the same Channel as your party members or do you always have to manually change in each zone?

Nope. Not that we could figure out at least.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
has anyone who purchased a founders pack (or multiple) received the bonus items that were announced?

quote:

"Players have let us know one of the reasons they are reluctant to switch to lower population servers is because many of them have already redeemed their Founder’s Packs on another server. To help combat this and make exploring new servers a more reasonable choice, we will be granting ALL Founder’s Pack purchasers that redeem their pack by 12 PM PT (8 PM UTC) on Monday, February 14th an extra set of the exclusive items from the Founder’s Pack they redeemed (e.g., the Founder’s Exclusive Pet and Founder’s Title from the Bronze pack; see full list below) as well as some additional Royal Crystals for Silver, Gold, and Platinum Pack purchasers."

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
babe

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

aperfectcirclefan posted:

What is this from anyways? It's beyond annoying to see it in chat

it drives me absolutely insane lol

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Already in game, one of the dungeons has you pilot some.

This dungeon and zone are so fun. I loved it!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i am still having so much fun in this game! i love how everything you do, no matter what, it helps your characters/account in some way. don't feel like doing grinding?? fine! run around and collect things and do silly quests.... want to be mega hardcore? do a bunch of hard content! that is so nice to have those options and all of it actually matters, even if it is a smaller percentage.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
goodness, it is rough getting those last few points to 600. i spent the weekend working through the last bit and still came up short. :argh:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i’m a sorc and play on 21:9. it’s a game changer as ranged. haha

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
yeah, i unfortunately had several bullshit rolls on honing. i’m swimming in T2 mats, so i will check in to see maybe what i’ve missed from T1. thanks for the hint!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

S.J. posted:

What the gently caress do I do with all these god drat engravings. Is there a difference between the rarities with them? I'm going to just have to look up a guide every single time I want to upgrade my character I guess?

engravings are something you will want to look up a guide for because the books are rare, and the selection is important. i know there are a lot of "you must to this the correct way" or "super fast way to T3" nonsense for MANY of the game systems, etc... but engravings are something you want to understand so you don't waste a bunch of books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Suprfli6 posted:

No, doing chaos dungeons every three days gives you 2 days worth of stuff, not 3. It’s more efficient for your time spent but less actual materials than doing them daily.

Oh.... I also didn't realize this. For some reason, I thought it did give you the same amount of stuff. drat.