Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Leaning towards Gunlancer or Paladin as my class. I'd play Lance Master but Amazon are jerks and its not a release class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

jiffynuts posted:

I've been leaning toward these two classes as well but I can't make up my mind. I also wanted to try out the Artillerist but never got a chance. Big guns and explosions look fun. I'll play all of these at some point but I haven't figure out which one will be my first.

I played an Artillerist to about 25-30. It was a lot of fun but I felt it lacked mobility, especially when you use the ult which is just a immobile turret.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Harrow posted:

For a Paladin, how much of a pain is it to respec between group support builds and soloing builds?

You can easily change specs at any time really, and you get 2 preset slots for free. So you can run a chaos dungeon type build with aoes and poo poo for easy mob clearing and a raid content support build.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

0% would be my guess.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

ColdIronsBound posted:

For anyone buying a founders pack gold and up - you get (presumably) unique armour, but it appears that you can only get it once and it's tailored to the advanced class you pick.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/founders-pack-showcase#ags-MediaPopup

For what it's worth these all look incredible, shout out to the Ryu armour. Edit: also the Tyrael armour for Paladin

That article is pretty old. Saintone a twitch streamer believes that the skin in the gold pack will be bankable, but the platinum pack one wont, I guess we'll see. I hope he is right as I want to use the gold skin on a Lance Master once the class is finally released.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Putting T3 in at launch is silly. Why dump everything out at once when you have a backlog of stuff that you can drip feed to fight one of the big issues with MMOs and thats not much endgame and waiting for content.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Also we're not getting all the classes available at launch and some of us want to main ones not out yet. Launching t3 at start means we will have to level up other classes and be a bit behind once classes we want to play are launched.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Pragmatica posted:

the NA east goon guild is just gonna be named <Paladins> at this point

:lmao:

Ya everyone going Paladin in NA/EU. Hell I was going to go Paladin too. The servers are going to be swimming in Paladins, wont be able to walk more than a few feet without hitting a Paladin.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Anno posted:

I think people might be excited.

Servers are going to be so hosed tuesday.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

gandlethorpe posted:

Is there slutty male armor?

Yes

Real answer

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Murder Noveau posted:

Anyone playing a Gunlancer? I'm only 24 but my durability vs. damage does not feel very good...especially compared to my friend's Sorceress who vaporizes everything. I assume later abilities make him feel better?

Its pretty slow in the beginning but ramps up pretty well.

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/build-guides/gunlancer-leveling-guide I used this build while leveling and melted most things.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Fried Sushi posted:

Yeah I tend to like to play lots of alts and don't mind leveling normally but the questing in this game is extremely bland and I can't see myself running through it multiple times.

Well the good news is there are multiple ways of skipping the leveling of your alts. Some are quick, some take more time.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Bussamove posted:

Welp, shouldn’t have claimed that 100k silver from twitch drops I guess because now for sure my IRL friends are gonna roll somewhere other than Mari.

100k silver isnt much in the grand scheme of things. I'm pushing about a million and thats nothing.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/team-update-founders-packs-and-servers

quote:

Players have let us know one of the reasons they are reluctant to switch to lower population servers is because many of them have already redeemed their Founder’s Packs on another server. To help combat this and make exploring new servers a more reasonable choice, we will be granting ALL Founder’s Pack purchasers that redeem their pack by 12 PM PT (8 PM UTC) on Monday, February 14th an extra set of the exclusive items from the Founder’s Pack they redeemed (e.g., the Founder’s Exclusive Pet and Founder’s Title from the Bronze pack; see full list below) as well as some additional Royal Crystals for Silver, Gold, and Platinum Pack purchasers.

These items will not be tradeable, and will be delivered to a player’s Product Inventory so they can be claimed on a new server. Your original Founder’s Pack will not be affected by this, and will remain on the initial server where you redeemed it (or in your Product Inventory, if you have not yet redeemed it). We are currently working to get these item grants ready to go, and will update players when they are ready to claim — these will be claimable on any new server you choose, so in the meantime we encourage you to find a perfect server to call home.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Harrow posted:

Out of curiosity, is there any way to level alts that isn't "use a power pass" or "do the story again?"

Sort of answered already but

$$$ = Power pass, get 2 free but the cash ones arent in the shop yet, also quickest way to level up as its instant
Gold = Knowledge Transfer in your stronghold. unlocks at like level 5 strong hold. Costs 600 gold to level up to 50, takes 8 hours, it can also level up beyond shushire gear level for more gold
Free = Training menu in your stronghold. Must reach level 52 for it to unlock, is totally free but also takes the longest. Can be leveled up to -2 levels of your highest level character. So level 52 can level someone up to 50, level 60 up to 58.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Unhappy Meal posted:

The Twitch drop paper mask has increased my enjoyment of the game ten fold.

SERIOUS CUTSCENE

Me in my silly dog hat. 10/10 game.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

jokes posted:

Nobody likes or plays wardancer it seems but I really like it. Is something wrong with it?

Everyone just spent like a month watching tier list videos. So they all end up picking something some youtuber said was the best. I expect in a month or so other classes are going to see a lot more representation once people realize that all the classes are fun, and have seen the others in action.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

HungryHungryHobo posted:

Just spent 25 mins fighting a world boss with about 15 other people only to have it despawn because we took too long. Not really something I see myself doing daily.

Always try to be in channel 1 if possible. If thats full go to channel 2 and so on. You will generally find people swarming those bosses in these channels.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

junan_paalla posted:

Yeah the hard ilvl gates are pretty rough, I could've totally done the ilvl 600 required yorn content at ilvl 560 no problem and the only thing stopping me was the game telling me I'm not allowed to until all my gear is +15. And that wouldn't be so painful either if there wasn't the pain of honing RNG telling you "nope, try again tomorrow" because you didn't win the coinflip. But in the end honing RNG isn't much different from boss drop RNG, except for the possibility of impulse buying honing mats from the store for one more roll.

I mean the basic reason is you're going from T1 to T2 which Koreans had to wait like a year for.

Aquila posted:

Small tip; unless I've made a horrible mistake you can't liner to Rohendel until after like 3+ hours of questing, so remember to set your bifrost or return point there as soon as you arrive.

You can liner from Vern. Or it might be from Shushire, one of those 2.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Feb 21, 2022

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

FutureCop posted:

Does anyone have advice on building gunlancers? I'm following the typical guides and such but man, I'm surprised by how anemic and wimpy the class feels, and this isn't even compared to DPS classes like my Deadeye, I mean he's even underperforming compared to my support Paladin as well. I'm just finding it really difficult to do any damage: yes, I know that's not their primary goal, and the shield is nice, but I wasn't expecting it to come with such a serious trade-off. I tried going into a Un'nil raid solo with a vanilla support-ish Paladin and a vanilla blue-ish Gunlancer, fresh out of powerpass: both just 320 and with a basic build, no engravings or anything. The paladin killed it with 8 minutes left, the Gunlancer timed out with 25% hp left. Is this just the tax that comes with having a big shield? Maybe it just takes longer for them to come online? I was using blue skills mostly instead of red with no blue engraving to boost that, so maybe I was shooting myself in the foot and being unfair, but still, the difference in damage feels staggering.

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/build-guides/combat-readiness-gunlancer-raid-guide

You probably already are using this, but this is what I'm using and my GL is just amazing. You're right its not going to poo poo out damage in Abyss dungeons, but once you get your crit and specialization up you will be shielded and criting a ton while just face tanking mechanics that arent insta-wipe.

This is just from today, buts its far from the first time someone has gushed about the GL and the shields in a party I've been in. You really feel like a god at times.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 27, 2022

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Plus Nallasia's Energy if you take it gives a nice damage reduction buff to your teammates along with a shield. The chaos dungeon skill version is also really good for just everyday questing and of course chaos dungeons, you have a pretty good chance of making MVP if you do them in a party thanks to the surge cannon always coming off cd quickly in the third stage.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

My Gunlancer

Sorc

Scrapper (I need to figure out a color scheme for her armor. I am very bad at fashion souls)

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

iTrust posted:

What is this? I want my Sorc to wear clothes ASAP and this is pretty good.

Unfortunately its the lawmaker skin(founders pack gold, plat) so unavailable outside of buying one off the in game market (about 10k gold) or finding a key that most likely costs far more than the packs were worth.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

JuffoWup posted:

Here we go... Carbot Animations announced a Lost Ark series to start this Saturday. And the video to announce it make me feel seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW83SZkDudo

Oh god, I did this with one other person a week or two ago when I ran my scrapper alt through the stories while doing collection stuff. It took us far longer than 27 minutes.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Finally got around to changing the color of my scrappers cosmetic skin.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Good Citizen posted:

SPEAR LADY WHEN

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Top Issues March:

No Lance Master.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Cinara posted:

You can do the 1380 world boss and get rewards, you're just gonna die a ton. Moake you can't do until 1340 and even then it can be tricky to get into a channel that kills him.

You're gonna have to get to the zone at least 30 minutes early to get a spot in channels 1-3 which are the ones most likely to kill him.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Khorne posted:

Feiton is long at ~2hrs but the only two mildly annoying things are the tower and the stealth mission. It's not annoying because it's stealth, it's almost impossible to fail if you stand in the corner near the bed or exit and let the dog walk by, but it's annoying because it takes a long chunk of time.

Rohendal has a bunch of annoying, long instanced stuff and it has npcs that can only be interacted with by 1 person in a 30s window in a shared channel. It gives significantly fewer rewards than the t2/t3 stuff too. Those things combine to make it one I'm less interested in doing. I haven't timed rohendal but it's likely shorter than feiton.

I like rohendal, yorn, feiton, and punika. Yorn is sort of my favorite except it also has at least two annoying parts like feiton. Punika is surprisingly short to run through again which is nice. I'm not convinced I can survive doing 1-50 + vern again. I'm not sure why there's a 9 character limit on 1-50 knowledge transfer in our version but it has me getting a bit antsy because I want to save those for new classes but at the same time I want to get a 2nd bard and maybe 2nd gunlancer.

Yorn is just one endless quest where you talk to 1 npc, move 2 inches to talk to a 2nd npc whos replying to the 1st, then you go back to the 1st npc to hear what he has to say after the 2nd npc has spoken, and so on because the game cant handle npcs having a conversation. Seriously they do this about 10 times in the zone its incredibly obnoxious and tedious.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Its unfortunate they cannot communicate anything. But they promised they'll do better just like the last time they hosed up royally and promised to do better only to go back to their habits.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Zotix posted:

They never said it was coming today. Gamers bought a jump to conclusion mat and then got mad at someone else because they made an assumption and it was wrong.

Thats kind of the point. They have been extremely poo poo at just simple communication. They have known that the community has been building up hype for the release. But instead of doing anything to cool the room when they(amazon) knew the content was not being released the 14th they just let the pressure build. A simple post monday that it would not be ready for this week would have gone a long way. They just keep making things super vague while promising to be more transparent.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 13, 2022

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Zotix posted:

They also said there would be a huge marketing push with the patch and that hasn't started yet either... So....

There was a big $20k PVP Tournament yesterday that premiered with a brand new twitch drop for the game.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Oops they did it again. They played with our hearts

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/regarding-the-april-update/330292

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Im not sure what real life is anymore.