Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Pepper Jack loves Lethal Weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I am nobody's bitch. You are mine

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

BonoMan posted:

Paramount+ is actually fantastic if you have kids. So much good content on there.

No Adventures of Pete and Pete, it's worthless

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
They released seasons 1 and 2 on DVD like 15 years ago and then allegedly had season 3 DVDs printed but never actually released them.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
In my experience the native apps on smart tvs work fine until suddenly they don't so at that point I grab a cheap streaming stick until the TV gets replaced and the cycle begins anew

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

mystes posted:

Gadot is so bad I don't understand how she has ever been cast in a movie, and there aren't very many people I would say that about.

She's v pretty.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Wow I can't believe Batman was [spoiler]Bruce Wayne[spoiler] the whole time!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Hrmm maybe being a publicly traded company with lovely investors who constantly bray for blood (profit) is actually a bad thing??

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

precision posted:

i bet oreo and nutter butter are literally owned by the same company, further proving my point

Yeah they along with chips ahoy are Nabisco products.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Disney+ has a ton of content, what are you talking about

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Yes. People have been selling modded smart sticks and boxes since the invention of proprietary devices. I remember relatives buying hacked cable boxes from random shaddy connections to get HBO and other satellite channels in the early 90s.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Possum Kingdom

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

MeinPanzer posted:

That's exactly what I'm doing -- subbing for a week for free to watch this and then Severance. It's worth it.

If you have the target app there is a deal for 4 free months of apple TV if it's a new account

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

veni veni veni posted:

It appeared to be Hulu. It was the generic looking warning "this movie contains flashing lights and an unlikable female protagonist" and I was just like whut?

'sa joke

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/hulu-not-okay-unlikable-female-protagonist-content-warning-1235330476/

e: I guess less "haha" joke and more "intentional to provoke" joke, so ymmv

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 3, 2022

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Day Shift was alright, a perfectly fine 6/10 movie. But it oddly felt like a bunch of scenes were missing even in a 2 hour long movie. There's mention of various things that don't seem to have any payoff, like a 700 year old vampire that you would think is going to be the secret mastermind behind whatever this oncoming vampire war is but no. And there's an Aztec style temple under a mall in LA? uh why? how is it related to the vampires and the plot other than just being a location for the ending action sequence to take place in? And what exactly is the main antagonist's plan because why do vampires need to buy houses to infiltrate the Valley? can't they just kill the residents and take over, or make them vampires and take over, or find familiars to buy the houses and then move in that way to take over? Oh also there are friendly vampires that don't kill people to survive but for some reason they are still working for the bad guy until they're not?

Overall not a bad way to burn an couple of hours, the action parts are pretty good and frantic and there's some jokes that got a laugh out of me, but the script clearly left me with a lot of questions.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

pseudorandom name posted:

My understanding is that it is based on general Tolkien vibes and they explicitly cannot use any of the stories from the source material.

It's based off of the appendices of LotR and they can't use anything from the The Silmarillion.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Hey, someone has got to play the local county fair and community day events.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Ryan Murphy has a boner for properties that may or may not be haunted

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
That is what most of the original run is too, lots of 'random' killings and disappearances that sadly turn out to be suicides. There's only a few ghost/alien/big foot stories even if that's what is remembered best.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
That poo poo is literally the setting of Conan the Barbarian, the Hyborian Age.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
At the very least the Friends creator Marta Kauffman said she regrets misgendering Chander's dad so the character is supposed to be trans.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Mando is good.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

precision posted:

Oh is that finally streaming?? I paid like 30 bucks for a DVD copy a while ago because it was caught up in rights holder hell, glad it's really available now

For a while it was steaming on prime but atm its only available to buy digital

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I don't think all art has to have a deeper meaning and "one time something spooky happened and everyone died, the end" can be enough for 22 minutes. They're just neat little short stories.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
It's already been renewed for a second season so there's that at least.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I rewatched Party Down last week in anticipation of the new episodes coming and there's a lot of "you're gay!" humor and one episode has a whole plot of a college quarterback getting skipped in the NFL draft because there are rumors that he's gay. I assume the new ones won't have any of that, at least I hope so.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Poker Face and a number of NBC shows that were pulled from other services make peacock worth it for me but I also signed up for that 1 year for $50 promo so your personal cost to value might be different if you have to pay monthly.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
People being the guy who wrote and directed the movie?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Tiny Timbs posted:

How much coke do you have to do to conclude that a reputation for quality is a bad thing?

It's not about quality, it's about profit for shareholders.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The coughing is because obi wan crushed his chest exoskeleton in a clone wars animated short. I am pretty sure they also go more into his background in the clone wars cartoon show but I didn't watch that so can't confirm

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

CelticPredator posted:

Mace windu bro

Oh yeah duh, been a while, thank you for the correction

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
This is what shows up:

S1E9 - Robot Holocaust
S3E3 - Pod People
S4E10 - Hercules Against the Moon Men
S5E3 - Swamp Diamonds
S5E12 - Mitchell
S5E17 - Beginning of the End
S6E15 - Zombie Nightmare
S9E3 - Puma Man
S9E11 - Devilfish
S10E5 - Boggy Creek 2: And the Legend Continues

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Didn’t it turn out Emma stone is like 1/2 Asian or something?

Haha what are you talking about?

Unless you mean the person the character is based on, who is a quarter Chinese and a quarter native Hawaiian.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 15, 2023

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The fact that we didn't get at least two more Dredd movies in the last 11 years is proof enough that Hollywood is a dumb as poo poo place with idiots in charge.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I know it's performative but I like watching the credits because people spent months or years of their lives on whatever I just watched and they deserve some recognition. Plus, there are sometimes funny names/job titles/messages to look for and who doesn't love when they have a section for crew pets?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Papercut posted:

I need to watch it, least season with the Jan. 6 stuff and the trip to Ireland was so good

Man, bluey goes in some strange directions

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Don't worry, silicon valley is trying hard to ensure the obsolescence of the modern worker, any day now.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Screamboat Kill-ie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Baron von Eevl posted:

Ok but

I mean gently caress Zaslov anyway though, this is completely within the realm of what they would do.

lol why would you believe this for one second? They also :airquote: accidentally :airquote: listed a bunch of Looney Tunes cartoons as leaving Max as well but corrected the :airquote: mistake :airquote: once a bunch of people got mad about it.

They're removing everything they can get away with to license to ad supported services because they can't make money any other way.