Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Obligatory cornering joke goes somewhere around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Custard Undies posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IKSkGn1G5I

Nürburgring Endurance Series 2022 - Round 3 (NLS)

Just starting
That was one heck of a close thing at the end.
0.58 seconds after 4 hours of racing.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I prefer nurburgring over le mans everytime. I think it's partly to do with the ease of watching and that its all GT3 cars for the most part.
I like both, but I do think Nürburgring 24h is consistently better for close racing.

Le Mans can be tight, but often it's a single prototype car out in front and everyone else fighting in their classes, which has a different feel than watching whoever crosses the finish line first being the actual winner of the class with the most competition.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dacia in the top-100! :toot:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

harperdc posted:

:staredog:

well, can't say there weren't direct and representative responses to that big of a breaking of the rules.
To be fair, the driver did go a bit too quick.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dudley posted:

They loving should thought, that's 130+mph when people possibly on track are expecting cars to be doing 60 tops. That's how you kill people.
There's a risk of death at 60km/h (~37mi/h), let alone 100km/h (60mi/h) - and if they aren't killed, they'll be maimed for life.

And that doesn't even consider that racing cars aren't built for being better for pedestrians who get run into by drivers than regular road-going cars.
The more aerodynamic a car is, the worse it is for a pedestrian to be hit by.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

when life gives you lemons, you watch it on tv

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I finally succeeded in getting the 10 meter one-way HDMI cable I have, that was embedded in a wall, out of it - without tearing the wall out.
So now I have my TV signal from my HTPC on one of my monitors, and I'm as ready as can be for Le Mans.

Also, the Danish Eurosport host just opened after a commercial with "It's not a bad year, it's a good year" as the camera guy had caught some tires being changed.
I approve.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i know first practice is not much to go one but it was still encouraging to see glickenhaus keep pace with toyota. would be nice if the race for the overall win is a real race this year.
Something something racing, something sandbagging.

Also, Mikkel Pedersen has his first flying lap of his entire life on the Le Mans track, and he just set a record in the car and is #7. :denmark:

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 8, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The camera folks were just filming it, looks like they're planning on rebuilding it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Noo, David Heinemeyer-Hanssons #43 is parked just right after the pit entry.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

If eurozone goons are desperate i do have Eurosport access but the commentary is in Italian, which might upset sensitive ears. I tested doing a screenshare over discord and facetime, it worked fine in both cases.
I was given to understand that the Eurosport race event itself (ie. not the practice and qualifying sessions), you can select any audio stream you want?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Farce describes it perfectly.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The number 31 got a 1 minute penalty, which maybe seems a bit unfair because it was a mistake.
I don't think #31 was allowed to crash into #22 just because he wanted to get in front, at the very start of the race when he absolutely knows there's going to be someone on the inside line.

#22 spent longer in the gravel+pit, and did nothing wrong - unless you think being in the wrong place at the wrong time is his fault. :v:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Monitor mirroring the TV signal from HTPC via a HDMI splitter and showing #LeMans24h, monitor for twitter/discord/irc, and a monitor for live timing.
All driven by #FreeBSD on a T480s.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Space Camp fuckup posted:

That is a thing of beauty.

I'm mostly watching it on a monitor outside so I can chain smoke. Really celebrating French culture today.
The live timing is a web app thingy that I just learned about, and it's loving great - it basically functions like a skin for the data from the WEC timing.

Also, :france:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Lunch was had:

Now I am very full of store-bought salad with extra cucumbers and red peppers, flank steak, and garlic bread.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

does anyone else miss bykolles

e: FIAWEC stream crew outright stating the Alpine LMP1 got done dirty by Bop calculations due to the smaller fuel tank.
Well, they're not wrong.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I’ve also heard this, I think we can confirm it to be true.

What happened to the Alpine hypercar? Last I checked it went into the garage. It’s way behind the rest of the field, did it completely eat poo poo?
BoP'd into the LMP2Am ranks. :mad:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

my main takeaway from this race so far is that sebastian buemi is a fuckboi
sebastian buemi probably fucks, considering he has two sons if memory serves

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

ACO is loving with the manufacturers since when they said "GT3 for 2024", they meant "GT3 cars with a custom package for 2024" which is supposedly 100k€+ per car, so Porsche has already publicly said they are not happy about it (while the rest awaits for ACO to react). I'm expecting Lambo to walk the corporate VAG line.
Danish TV commentators were talking about Deborah Mayer, the boss of Iron Ladies and Iron Lynx who's got lots of money and a passion for having women compete against anyone and everyone at the top of racing, talking with Lambo and working on a LMPH, and putting the Iron Ladies in one of them. :pray:

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

iron dames ran extremely better than their finish would indicate, they should be on podium

i hope they have better luck next year and bop doesn't murder ferrari as hard, they could totally compete for the win
They had an insanely tough year with a slow puncture at the very start, and being BOoP'd into the ground.

They also didn't finish P9. :toot:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Discovered that Fuji is being broadcast on TV2 Sport so I set TVheadend to record it, so I can watch it tomorrow.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

Eurosport has been showing it every twelve hour since Sunday. Just in case tvheadend fails to record.
Even with a VoD that I recorded, and with the commercial skipping built into tvheadend, I'd rather avoid Eurosport and all of their endless commercials.

Not sure why tvheadend would fail, though.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

Tvheadend has always succeded in not grabbing the video from my dvb-t usb sticks so i'm still a bit wary of relying on it :)
But you can watch TV from it just fine?

Check that you don't have EITp/f enabled, as it's shown here:

Also, are you sure tvheadend can write to where you're telling it to put the recordings?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

Full fuji 6hrs recording from wec is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJChuNJwwP4
Aaaand it's gone.

coconono posted:

https://twitter.com/JFR_Racing/status/1571520652590387202

big zooms. I wish they could capture the audio better. It rattles your chestplate.
Aaaand she's gone.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 18, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

What a neat trick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Seems likely, considering Deborah Meyer has been working on getting more women into motorsports for more than a decade.