Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

What's the most cost efficient way to stay warm? If i boil a kettle to make a cuppa or something does that use more energy than turning the heating on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks all, gonna transition to a blanket-and-coffee-based heating system for the rest of the winter!

(p.s. gently caress Shell)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Sanford posted:

although less rioting, more angrily muttering over a cup of tea

Ah yes, the English riot

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

He's going to die with covid

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Forums poster Reveilled absolutely DEMOLISHES clichéd word use in media

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

And please try to stay away from Tesla coils

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

English goes adjective-noun and French and other Romance languages go noun-adjective (which makes more sense to me tbh, the noun is usually more important)

English does noun-adjective with some things, like Attorney General. Something to do with someone shooting our boss in the eye with an arrow a while back I think :eng101:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

My car likes to just really get stuck in on the old carbon emissions lark (or in other words it is a Volkswagen diesel), after two years of failing emissions tests it's been prescribed premium diesel because apparently it keeps the fuel system cleaner? No problems so far anyway because the MOT isn't til October, there will probably still be problems then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

"No," someone said, "you become a weapon. An absolute one."