Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kislev.

Also...
Ogres, my lord.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Why the nehek is there a 7 hour difference between London (GMT) and the US East coast (GMT-5)?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Twigand Berries posted:

Oh lol. No man it’s 3am
Oh poo poo you're right. That would make it a 5 hour difference then too. Derp. I guess I did not expect a 3:00am release.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sinteres posted:

I hope chaos dwarfs and Nagash both make it in the game but neither one of them gets hats.
N..... nuh..... noooooooooooo!!

Minenfeld! posted:

I'll still buy this one. Not-Russia and Not-China seemed cool. I only have TWW1 and not TWW2, though. Maybe I missed out.
If you have game 1 and game 3, you will not able to play HE, DE, Lizardmen, or Skaven, unless you buy a DLC that has a LL for them, in which case you could play that specific LL while being able to recruit basic units and any faction-specific units that came with that LL's DLC. I think you'd be fine to play game 3. Then if you want to play anything from game 2, just watch for it to inevitably go on sale; consider it a big DLC.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

doingitwrong posted:

I thought you'd need all three games for the new Mortal Empires.
Oh, hrm, yeah I could be wrong!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dramicus posted:

The story for Warhammer is everyone is fighting everyone forever.
:aaaaa:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DaysBefore posted:

Finished Mandalore's review and I'm pretty on-board with most of his complaints. I really hope the siege stuff he showed off was just bad luck or perhaps a funny prank CA decided to pull specifically on him because it didn't look that bad in any of Janet's videos.
I think Mandalore specifically looks for those kinds of things while Janet is doing many things.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

not a bot posted:

Launch being buggy is a tradition and hopefully there are some funny bugs. Biggest ones affecting gameplay will most likely be fixed in the launch patch.
I want to see some T-posing bears.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randarkman posted:

I'd say the not attacking/stopping in their tracks/landing-to-attack bug that seems to be an animation or movement (or possibly even terrain as someone suggested) issue, is the big one, especially as it has the potentially to really negatively affect the performance of a whole bunch of units.
It almost seems tied in to the concern I had for cav stopping their charges before really fully impacting that I noticed in a number of videos.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

H2Eau posted:

I was watching Janet's Katarina playthrough yesterday and that must be an occasional thing, because Dervishes and Winged Lancers were sending huge chunks of a plaguebearer unit flying.
Here's both the poo poo "won't attack" bug and a good cav charge -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glzCN1OCmbg&t=476s
Ahh that is good to see, thank you. I wont cancel my pre-order after all for that reason.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

H2Eau posted:

If you keep watching for a minute or so past that timestamp, there's a better charge. Still not quite 3K levels of infantry destruction
I'd love for 3K levels of charges but I'll be happy as long as charges work to some degree compared to how bad they were in WH2 at times.

sexpig by night posted:

Yea think I'm gonna wait for some more reviews, it looks like a solid base but seems kinda rough, may stick to Warhams 2 for a bit and let them tweak 3 around. How long do the Ogres get bundled into buying the game, just the first week or so?
I've seen that its a week, yeah.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dramicus posted:

If you care about Legend's opinion, he gives WH3 an 8.5. His main complaint is the campaign mechanics which he finds to be actively annoying and frustrating and cannot be ignored like the vortex can. He predicts that there's a chance the campaign might get patched or reworked to be less frustrating, but the real saving grace is going to be the next mortal empires campaign.
This is for to know (about the campaign being annoying). I have to wonder if they are planning really big things for IE and they built the base game to be an objective-oriented campaign for those that like that. Then IE will be the gigantic sandbox that people like me prefer.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dramicus posted:

That would be more of a reward if he didn't have the skill tree of a generic empire captain.

Edit: If anything the Boris unlock is the best reward and you don't even need to get close to finishing the campaign to do it.
Do we know how to unlock Boris yet? I feel like I saw something about it but lost track.

DaysBefore posted:

Yeah the Bretonnia campaign, essentially. Once my homelands are settled I'm just going to go fight cool battles against weirdos on the other side of the world.
The only issue I have with this, which I would like to do more of, is that replenishment is nigh impossible without taking land. I'd love to do less map painting if I could effectively project power and have fun.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Scott Forstall posted:

Hold the 3 main Kislev settlements for 10 turns, then he is available.
Ah perfect, thank you both!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This poor horse has seen some poo poo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Twigand Berries posted:

all these posts
:hmmyes:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sasgrillo posted:

I feel like people are being too pessimistic with regards to the combined map. Mortal Empires came out nearly a month after Warhammer 2 was released. I feel like CA is very aware of how much their community wants it. There's no way they haven't been working on it in tandem with the rest of the game. But we'll know for sure when they put out the roadmap.
Yeah if I remember correctly, they've acknowledged that after ME came out, like 90% of all new games started were ME instead of WH2's Vortex map. Part of that is that the Vortex race blows rear end but part of it is there are a lot of people with brainworms that love big grand campaign maps

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mercrom posted:

Does anyone know which units can't be recruited through the outpost mechanic on the WH3 map? Are DLC units like rattling gunners available?
I believe I have seen that there are no restrictions what-so-ever. You just have to have the diplomatic currency built up to have the Outpost.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Azran posted:

VC actually got a rework that made all units and heroes accessible earlier, got a new start pos for Kemmler and the whole bloodline system + reworked tech tree. They still need some more stuff, though. There's no point to 2/3s of their regular lord, for instance.

Given the quality of their reworks so far, I expect Norsca and WoC to get a decent amount of love at some point in the future.
Except for Banshees, which require a tier 5 building to increase their capacity, which to my understanding is the only hero with that requirement in the game now. VCounts definitely need some love after the love that Greenskins and Dwarfs got. Their economy is also on a really weird curve (free skellies non-withstanding) because their basic income building is not very good, their growth building is excessively expensive to build the tier two and three upgrades of, and the only other way to get money is a bunch of income from the very expensive (especially to upgrade) purple Vampire, Necromancer, and Banshee buildings. Even with free skellies its hard to run multiple armies that have units that have normal upkeep because of the low base income. Also, they have the worst garrisons in the game.

Kazzah posted:

One hundred and twelve gigs of DEMON ASSES POOPING OUT NURGLINGS

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 16, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yeah most of what people like about Nagash's undead stuff mostly comes from his AoS designs where he makes some pretty boned up dudes.
I do not like AoS and know as little about it as I can manage considering how much it is posted about in these threads. I do not like Nagash because of anything to do with AoS.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I think it's fairly safe to say that the spectacle is just Nagash himself, all giant and really bad at everything he does and wedgied by life and unlife in equal measure.
Yeah I just think he's cool and love undead stuff. I want to see the big bad guy show up, whether its via a Belakor type-thing where I can unlock him as a lord or as a LL leading a new faction of undead.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Warhams 2 Question:

Has anyone ever seen Loyalty do anything? I've played Pirates and Rats, and in both campaigns I have never seen a Lord rebel against me, ever.

I fondly recall this actually happening in the Way Old Total Wars of Yore, but it seems in this game almost nothing triggers them into fighting me.

I suppose the Loyalty Stuff says you can prevent disloyalty by giving them a strong army and some treasure, which is basically the exact thing you do with every Lord anyway. I also roll my eyes at the concept of giving someone access to thousands of powerful soldiers as something that makes them LESS likely to launch a coup.
If your LL faction leader gets to level 40, any other lord affected by loyalty will start losing loyalty if they get to level 40, due to being equal level with the faction leader.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 16, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DaysBefore posted:

Not to waste on a literal video game, but I do work from home and I have nothing but clerical work to do tomorrow so you better believe I'll be sticking it to the man (by playing a literal video game)
:h5:

Omnicarus posted:

If you don't have kids they should let you take M/P-aternity leave on game release days and no one can say anything to you about it
No.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ogres, my lord
Kislev.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Does anyone else dislike the minor settlement battles? I find them super tedious and boring. Which is bad news because like 90% of my battles are settlement battles.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Leal posted:

Game good?
Nah, minor settlement battles are a huge disappointment. Pathfinding is rear end, AI has perfect micro, its impossible to tell what is going on, too much micro required, and boring grindy slogfests for every single one. I dislike it so much I might refund because the game is not worth $60.

edit: I know I sound pretty negative, and I bought the game because of the diplomacy improvements and other QoL things they did, and because I like the look of some of the new rosters. But None of that matters if the majority of my battles are going to be minor settlement battles and I actively despise them. They're just too tedious for me. If you dont mind them then you'll probably like the game.

edit2: Also the Autoresolve changes are really damning and poorly thought out. Someone at CA thinks that more tedium is more fun. They made autoresolve worse for the player the harder the campaign difficulty "to encourage players to fight more battles" but I use autoresolve to get out of fighting tedious battles I dont want to fight; battles that I'd rather just play a different game instead of fight. Sooooo now I have to fight every battle? I'd rather just not spend my money on a product that changed things in a dumb and poorly thought out way.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 18, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

deep dish peat moss posted:

Eagerly awaiting the mod that turns off settlement battles. I can appreciate what they're going for but man, the only battles I ever like in TW games are big open field battles where I can mash big army against big army. I don't want to play DOTA splitting my army up and sending them up 3 different lanes past towers :( Totally breaks up the flow of the game. Sure I can autoresolve them but minor settlement battles are like... 90% of all of the battles in TW3, lmao
Yeah I had been hoping for something more like 3K minor settlement battles. Or old WH2 city maps, but without walls and the defender could place a barrier in some roads to create bottlenecks. These minor settlement battles that we got are just so loving bad. They needed to iterate on what 3K did or just add basic minor settlements back in... these rats nests of winding roads, random hills, and towers popping up everywhere just goes way too far in the other direction. Maybe for major settlements but minors are just way too drat tedious to take when they are going to be the majority of the battles you fight.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

1stGear posted:

Are flying units not able to capture points? Had a battle where I sent my Demon Prince to grab a supply point, but even when he landed, it wasn't changing.
Ca has said that they cannot. Might be in a tool-tip or something in the game but I'm not sure.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tiler posted this on Discord but not here so I am rectifying his oversight

Should probably be on display next to the "paint me like one of your French girls" Skink.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Kostaltyn's voice acting is unironically one of the best parts of the game and he's an incredibly powerful LL. He's vastly more fun to play than the Tsarina, imo, who I think is actually pretty boring (and more than a little undertuned).
What makes him powerful? Do you mean in SP or MP?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eimi posted:

They should instead make the game 3 skill trees and tech trees better because right now they are filled with just a bunch of really boring, really minor buffs for most factions.
Yeah in my Katarin Kislev run I was consistently disappointed by the number of junk filler techs that are like "10% off the construction of one type of building you never build anyway" or "+10 armor this already heavily armored thing".

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Patriarch heals are absolutely bonkers, especially with low count units like dirt bear, bear sled, or man on bear. If Kostaltyn just had the heal he'd still be great, but the fact that he gets all of them is nuts. I've purposely picked fights I knew should be impossible and still won out with him just spamming enormous buffs and screaming constantly, it rules. He can't go toe-to-toe with more combat oriented LL's but he still smokes lesser lords, and the fact that he can make unkillable super bears and murder cats is what makes him so good.
Ahh gotchya, yeah that all makes sense when you put it that way. I'm gunning to start a Boris campaign the next time I have free time because I want to have an army of Boris, a Little Grom, ~6 Patriarchs, and 12 Warbears because in my Katarin game I saw how good the Patriarch buffs were. I love that they are a hero that can get Perfect Vigour, too, because they can have pretty good armor with their Bear mounts and skills.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Christmas posted:

Discovered a fun use for Khorne’s Eternal War manifestation: Since third parties can show up to battles now, you can encircle the city and call the attack on yourself, and the enemy you’re besieging will join. Do it if you want to fight on more even ground and don’t want to wait and let your blood meter drop. If the city you’re besieging belongs to a demon army, what little remains in the city once you turn back to it will be just a few bedraggled mortals.
You're a god damned goon hero.

Third World Reagan posted:

Finally figured out why people think slaanesh has replenishment problems.

They are not orc, beastmen, or norscan players.

This costs 50 control and 100 devotees. Do it.

Bonus

more money

Get this

Later get this

Build 4 of these once you secure your first or second province

Have a wonderful time murdering all the rebels and having massive gains in capturing people to replenish your armies.
This looks amazing.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grumio posted:

I am 100% naming my daemon prince Pontus
Mine will be named Mithridates VI.

Twigand Berries posted:

They got booted :(
Boooooo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

As Kislev you do not need a building to recruit a Frost Maiden, you simply need to train one at the Frost Court. If you have saved Frost Maidens from a different campaign, you can just recruit one at game start, though who you recruit will be limited by your starting cash.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kislev's economy isnt helped by the fact that its economy buildings suck rear end. 2000 gold for the tier 2 income building to go up by 50 income (100 to 150) then 4000 gold for another 50 (150 to 200) is loving rear end. They got the growth/PO building right in that it goes 20 => 40 => 60 growth and 1 => 2 => 3 PO for the three tiers so its actually kinda worth it for the extra dosh.

I swear to god there must be some rear end in a top hat at CA who is involved with balancing the economy buildings that thinks the above is fair and balanced. Probably the same guy that tried nerfing port income.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ravenfood posted:

The market building in their capitol slots has no such issue. That goes up by 200/tier and gives a +1% bonus to all markets everywhere, and costs are very reasonable too.
Right but Kislev factions only get those in their three major cities. If you take a non-Kislev major settlement it gets the poo poo building. On top of that, Kostaltin doesnt get a major city unless he can conquer or confederate Erengrad early or find a way to snipe Praag. Boris gets none of them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah, I didn't really have much issue with the economy as Kislev, though I didn't get that far before the patch. By the time the first rifts appeared, I had a full second stack that could defend the starting provinces while Katarin went chaos hunting.
You're playing as the easy mode Kislev faction. Again, Kostaltin and Boris dont get the good poo poo from major settlements like Katarin does, so saying you dont have an issue with the economy when you specifically have something that the others dont is kinda funny. The city of Kislev gets the stuff Ravenfood talked about *and* a landmark that increases local income by a crazy %, which is something else Kostaltin and Boris do not get unless they confederate Katarin.

Ravenfood posted:

I really think the oblasts are supposed to feel like secondary concerns to these huge jeweled cities.
CA stated this as their intention but it still sucks for scaling up mid and late game when you conquer non-Kislev themed lands. Or playing as Boris.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of, how long does it take to get the Boris unlock quest? I didn't get it in the time I had to play so far.
You have to own Erengrad, Praag, and the city of Kislev for 10 turns, then you get a popup about the quest.

Third World Reagan posted:

Rasputin economy is fine.

Build more winerys. Get the resource chains that boost them. Get erengrad or hellpit.

Fight demons for cash.
I disagree about the economy but its not worth arguing over. I dont like the way CA balances econ buildings :shrug:

Fighting for cash is fine if you can get fights, the AI is a little cowardly so sometimes they are hard to come by, even with Ambush Baiting, which I am getting sick of abusing to make the game fun.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: has anyone tried stacking the Ice Maiden/Wtich traits that reduce Little Grom and/or War Sled upkeep reductions? With 3 of either trait you could run a really cheap War Sled and Little Grom stack, which would probably be fun. Oh and with lord upkeep reduction skills maybe those units would be effectively free?

edit2: post is not edit, sorry for the doublepost

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Broken Cog posted:

Cheers! Guess I'll aim for that next
Sure thing! Its a pretty easy quest battle but be prepared for things to spawn behind you, especially behind where you start after you kill the first target. I lost two units of triple gold chevron winged lancers to a man because I wasnt paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ethiser posted:

I’ve never had the game crash.
Same. Though the patch yesterday corrupted by Boris save.