Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Domination tournament going on right now. Ogres are playable!

https://twitch.tv/totalwar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Pead posted:

Kairos buffs the barriers a ton and hit and run tactics can make it so that even a mediocre an army takes almost no damage while wiping whole stacks

edit: not a big deal to me but i can definitely see them nerfing them for multiplayer

The singleplayer crowd is also complaining about the barriers. Mandalore, Legend, PartyElite, they all bring it up on their reviews that the barrier is too powerful that it makes discussing the faction's mechanics pointless, and playing/fighting the faction boring.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Yeah I'm running into some weird UI fuckery when using 1440p, unfortunately as this monitor is 1440p I don't really have a choice in the matter and therefore must await a fix.

The siege battles really, really suck for the attacker if you don't have cannons and poo poo; a historical and practical truth but I don't like having to relearn the fact. CA's love for OP towers once again infuriates me (yes I know towers can be shot down by chaff very easily, it's still a pain in the rear end).

Everything else is mwah, I love this series.

This might help, they were having UI issues too at 1440p.

Mahasamatman posted:

Going to quote myself because I fixed this by changing the UI scale to 100%. Apparently CA has had this issue with a few games. Changing the resolution was defaulting the scale to 200% which threw information off the screen and caused the cursor to not line up. It's under Advanced Settings > UI Scale

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

These skaven siege maps CA why

:negative:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Doomykins posted:

3) The wall is another cool idea I like for the same "chance to fight battles that aren't hard 20v20" and "playing siege but I defend for once." There are some silly problems: taking per turn attrition as the people holed up in a massive supremely well stocked defensible position because literally tariff's cavemen are banging their clubs on the worthless chaos ground outside, letting armies sneak past my solid wall because of the above, enemy heroes doing the same(there's a pair of tzeentch blob birds loitering in my Cathay and all my current heroes are army duty.) The real problem though is that like the caravans the threats don't scale. You can slap down -40% upkeep real easily and toss a 10 stack on each gate and just hoover up free money, items and reserve leveled lords as Kurgan 7 stacks unga bunga into their deaths endlessly. There's some 20 stacks out there from named WoC/Norsca factions occupying the lovely red clime towns but they never approach. Kairos did come by once but I mentioned how stupidly bugged Tzeentch AI is at the moment, Meow broke both his necks.

Dunno about this one. At some point they'll throw those 7 stacks into one gate, and let me tell you, nothing is going to save you from 20 mammoths and a billion axe marauders.

Edit: Same thing about the caravans. Later on the chaos stacks that pour out of the gates start attacking your caravans, and if you're doing the soul collecting, they a lot harder than the random events.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 18, 2022

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Those playing Cathay and saying the Bastion wall is easy what difficulty and turns are you on, cause I'm on VH and after turn 80, the bastion walls went from something you barely pay attention to all 3 gates needing a doomstack parked in them. An actually good doomstack, cause peasant and basic jade units won't cut it after awhile.

Like these Kurgan incursions actually get hard? 7 stacks against one gate filled with mammoths, trolls, and other annoying norsca garbage, no matter how much tower cheese you do, your garrisons can not handle that. If you don't keep the chaos faction outside under control they'll also start throwing chosen stacks at you. Kairos also shows up after awhile to troll you with teleport and halting armies. gently caress you kairos.

The T5 gate is also really bad lol. It has two peasant units, two awful awful awful jade lancers(probably the worst unit in the 3 games by far) and a garbage sky junk. It does have a sentinel. I think T4 may actually be better cause it has more Jade Warriors(halberds) that have AP.

Think you have to be a lot more active with what's going on outside the bastion, which is easier said than done.

On the issue of confeds. Playing Miao I managed to get easy confederations with all the northern minors, but Zhao is a bastard and won't confederate at all, so now I'm stuck doing hellwars with Ogres who have turned all the starting caravan paths into death zones, RIP caravan mechanic.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Finished Cathay campaign. VH, 131 turns.

Realms of Chaos: Absolutely awful. All the four chaos realms are bad. The best one is actually Khorne, cause with luck you can finish it in 4 or 5 turns. Slaneesh isn't that good, the rewards are fine, but it takes almost 10 turns to complete, and you don't want to delay the soul collecting, because the AI does and can collect the souls all in one go. Nurgle is boring. Tzeentch will actively make you hate the game, don't make it your last realm unless you want pain.

There's basically no way to avoid this like the Vortex, unless you're willing to have an agent character per region to close the rifts, and then play super aggressive against the AI.

Also someone asked, but yes, if you get the skaven building in your capital you do get 100% chaos trait removal, so that's up to 4 turns your LL has to spend not doing anything after leaving.

Final battle: Don't bring range, or artillery. Just walls of spearmanii and how many your biggest and meanest monster your economy can support. For the last stage don't even bother with the towers just spam your mean monster reinforcement and more spearmanii. Khorne probably has the easiest time here. Dunno how Tzeentch goes through this, maybe 19 soul grinders. or something. For Cathay just bring Miao/Zhao with Celestial Dragon Guard and Sentinels. You do want infantry or in the last stage Belakor will take your point.

Cathay:

They're good. Fun even! Love the cannons, big boom sound. Great infantry/range/artillery. But their cavalry is absolute garbage, don't even bother getting the building. The ballons need a big buff, more ammo more bomb drops more speed. I think the compass should have those two spells as bound instead. Needs a good fighting lord/hero.

Battle harmony is fine, but they need to revise it for the cavalry, they get nothing useful nor will it ever be that active. Bring in a skirmish cav and make it give a speed bonus so you run pairs of skirmish and heavy cav or something I dunno.

Campaign harmony is also nice. Potential annoying on paper but flows quite decent.

Bastion Wall and Caravans are good, and as the campaign develops they do get more involved. You can actually gently caress up things bad enough with the caravans that they won't make it past their first two stops aka don't get into fights with the ogres in the mountains(gently caress you Zhao)

The compass is whatever.

Final thoughts: Game good, but Realms of Chaos terrible. Give mod that makes rifts spawn after turn billion or something.

Might try a Khorne game where I just raze everything down and don't waste time on the rifts.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Frog Act posted:

So do yin and yang need to be balanced overall or in every respect? Right now I have two yin characters and one yang technology - I tried adding a yang character but that flipped my harmony in the other direction because of their harmony multiplier. I’m researching the harmony balance - yang tech, that should make things harmonious, right?

Just overall. Being out of balance for a couple of turns is not bad, and only above 3 is where you start to get nasty penalties.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

You can use supplies to heal/restock ammo/give winds/vigor your army. It's one of the rightmost icons on the bottom of the toolbar if I'm not wrong.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 20, 2022

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Doomykins posted:

It bugged me more to not know if an older save would fix it then to try it and realize my campaign is well and truly hosed. By good fortune I'm not on legendary so I went back to before entering Slaanesh's domain and sat on my hands for ten turns, giving up my 3rd soul to see if the bug would be reproduced. And it wasn't. I waited for the 4th soul to be claimed, the new wave of rifts to open and tried going to the Forge. It worked and now I can set up a cheesy camping army, I guess.

So PSA: if you need to contest the souls(i.e. you're behind in the race and somebody is about to get their 4th) you have to sit out a rifts cycle. I assume my problem is that I was inside a realm and had my 1 permitted rift that roar and the game bugged and didn't allow me to go to "two", the second being the Forge.

I guess finishing this campaign is back on the menu but god drat that is a serious QA gently caress up. Nobody ever had their LL inside a realm and an enemy faction got their 4th soul? It never came up? Come on.

Ah well. Game rough.

It happened to me. Was still in the Tzeentch realm getting my fourth when Greasus got his, though I still went to the Forge for the final battle fine. You do get your own "Rifts Open" event when you get the souls.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

The red line and some blue line skills are definitely less impactful than they were which I mostly like. They are still useful and strong but not as near-mandatory as before. Red lines feel like they are 50-75% as powerful as before.

Overall they seem to have turned down a bit of power creep.

They did so now you get lord traits like "3+ to bonus charge" and tech trees like Cathay where at the final tier you get an amazing -3% upkeep to (yang) armies.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

It's not just that they're weaker, there's just less to them in general. Who cares about -10% recruitment cost for one specific unit, or +3 charge bonus for this other unit. There's so much trash

Edit: Apparently some of the tech skills are flat out useless, as one gives vanguard to a khorne unit that has vanguard to start with.

Cathay gets a tech that boosts port income by 25%!(There's zero port buildings in Cathay, or anywhere near Cathay) This tech is also mandatory if you want to progress the tree lol

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

There is one port building in Cathay. But yeah Cathay's tech tree is awful. None of them are great and none of them are worth going into disharmony for.

Also, I haven't tried to transfer units yet but if you park some agents at your capital you can put them into caravans to beef them up.

Also also I turned off the rifts and everything related to the story and it's a pretty fun little map. But the Ogres are way too OP and take over too much too fast.

Cathay has no Ports, unless you're counting Shattered Stone Bay, which is the closest Port all the way south past the Ogre mountains in the haunted forest, as in Cathay.

Despite the name Hanyu Port does not actually have a Port building.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

PerilPastry posted:

Any writeup of what's included?

PATCH 1.0.1

Fixed an issue where the multiplayer lobby would refresh too quickly, preventing players from being able to select and join a room.
Fixed an issue which prevented invites to a multiplayer lobby from working properly.
The game now runs in DirectX 11 compatibility mode for all users by default. This is to prevent instances where users inadvertently ran on the legacy implementation of the DirectX 12 beta.
Improved how 12th generation Intel CPUs (aka ‘Alder Lake’ family) interact with the game, providing more consistent framerates when running on these processors.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tw-warhammer3-patch101/

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Immortal Empires Beta will be released in August.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/intro-to-immortal-empires/

quote:

Access all 86 Legendary Lords from all three Total War: WARHAMMER titles.

Be’Lakor is now a Legendary Lord with his own faction.

Dedicated factions for a number of the older Legendary Lords, including: Grombrindal, Helman Ghorst, and Volkmar the Grim.
New starting locations for 29 of the older Legendary Lords.

Improved personal faction mechanics for a selection of the older Legendary Lords (such as Volkmar the Grim).

A new ‘Sea Lanes’ feature, which allow you to move armies between distant lands and continents—from one side of the map to the other—without leapfrogging them all the way across the map.

New dynamic end-game scenarios: randomised mid- to late-game challenges we’re introducing to challenge the late-game steamroll—where the player is so powerful that there’s little-to-no challenge left and less of a reason to complete the campaign. Think Greenskin invasions or resurgences of the undead, as a few examples…

Revamped victory conditions. Most players don’t end up finishing campaigns, and we want to give them better reasons—and a greater level of satisfaction—for doing so. As such, we’ve simplified the victory requirements into more meaningful objectives while avoiding any arbitrary playstyle requirements.

Corruption rework. Players will have new tools for spreading (or reducing) corruption through more active usage of their armies. Small amounts of natural reduction will also be available to uncorrupted factions.

8-player multiplayer campaigns. And as a bonus, only the host of an Immortal Empires multiplayer campaign needs to own all three games. Friends who only own WARHAMMER III will still be able to join the campaign, though their Legendary Lord choices will (naturally) be limited to the ones they own.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

hmmmmmmm

quote:

Vlad and Isabella Von Carstein – Sylvania

quote:

Volkmar the Grim – The Cult of Sigmar: Embarking on a pilgrimage of zealousness by abandoning the petty squabbles of the Elector Counts in favor of sealing away the abominable Books of Nagash, Volkmar now resides in the lower Southlands. Unlike the Tomb Kings and Mannfred Von Carstein, it’s not the books themselves that offer individual effects; rather, the act of sealing books away increases his Zeal, strengthening the boons and power granted to Volkmar.

Mannfred joining in on the Bad-Southlands rumble perhaps?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Patch notes also talk about update 2.1 that will come out in two weeks, this update has some stuff that had to be cut from 2.0.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-update-200/#tothefuuuture

Assembly kit for modders, a new model for Doom Knights, some form of confederation for Archeon and Belakor factions, Ultimate Crisis Mode where players can trigger EVERY endgame scenario if they want, and some other stuff.

2.2 will come in October and that will be a big patch that addresses player feedback, including adjusting some start positions for Teclis, Skrag, Kairos and Alith Anar.

So if you're a big multiplayer guy you're going to have to wait till October until CA finally fixes this stupid poo poo:

"Matchmaking will remain a single queue with a random chance to land in a Domination or Land Battle map."

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Stuff CA has actually talked and confirmed about being planned for the future of WH3:

More Cathay
More Kislev
More Ogres my lord
Nagash
Thanquol
Chaos Dwarfs
Hobgoblins
Reworks for old factions

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Ah, good to know. Might just hold off and see how it goes, since there seems to be quite a lot of bugs floating around atm as well. Cheers!

Just download the More Land battles mod, cause CA isn't going to fix this. This has been a problem since Warhammer 1. There's no magic AI scripts that are going to turn it around, they might fudge some auto-resolve or whatever, yet the root issue is with Warhammer 3 and they can't do anything about it without reworking how the entire system works.(Which is what 3K did)

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: Out of curiosity, did they add some replenishment to Tzeentch?

They did add a tech that gives you +5% replenishment. Plus you have the exalted hero that has a skill that gives you extra replenishment.

Though both Slaneesh and Tzeentch still struggle with replenishment in the beginning of the game

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Found an interesting bug with Festus: I took the black citadel that gives you Varg vassalization and THEN went to a Varg minor settlement and used the "give to vassal" button. This created a new Varg faction that isn't listed as my vassal and I can't seem to actually use any diplomacy with them.

They don't appear in the list of factions available in the Diplomacy screen either.

e2: The Naglfarlings also do it: I assume this is the interaction that happens when you revive a faction that previously vassalized/confederated another faction. Shame, I'd like to eventually get them "freed"

Those two are 100% bugged. It happened in my game, and to other people on reddit. Some of the Empire Electors are also bugged if you bring them back. The other norscan factions seem to be working fine when brought from the dead.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

More models will cause bigger jams, yes.

The game is defaulted and balanced on ultra units so lol

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Kanos posted:

I'm pretty ready to pronounce Be'lakor as the definitive "if you only play Chaos once, play this guy" faction. Besides he himself being a huge shitwrecker monster, he has the fullest access to the daemon roster of all of the WoC lords(he can actually use warband upgrades to get exalted daemons of all the gods) for by far the most customizable and varied experience available(that doesn't involve subjecting yourself to playing Daniel), he's centrally positioned on the map but not far from a strong economic base so his campaign has enormous amounts of freedom, and he can crap out teleport portals to link up his provinces, which is extremely useful and lets you do wild crusades.

All of the WoC lords are varying degrees of great now, but I think Be'lakor really marries all the best aspects of the new WoC systems and the existing monogod rosters into one great package.

Everyone should wait to play Be'lakor and Archeon as the patch coming this Tuesday is going to give them some sort of confederation mechanics with the other WoC.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

i mean it helps like 80% of the other spells be useful

of course they could have gone to route where they just increase buff spells by like 2x duration for the same effect but hey wahtever

did you play 3k? siege battles were pretty good in that I feel. Plus they hit the pinnacle of balance between AI armies seeking field battles vs sieges. I think it helped that the cities were more spread out in 3k too. In IE I think they simply ran out of room and had to squeeze in too much poo poo

You could make every other spell cost free and they would still be 100% worse than pre-2.1 Pit of Shades.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Domination made multiplayer a much better game than the tower defense that is SP campaign, so I hope they continue to improve the game based on multiplayer.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

The Gunslinger posted:

Thanks for writing this up, I'll try to use it as a bit of a template on the weekend!

Here's an alternative Slaneesh strategy, the Cultists everywhere strategy.

Slaneesh economy is really bad, so you can't afford to develop all those provinces at the start, and everyone hates you. Eventually you'll be at war with Elf Batman, Tyrion and Alarielle, and Slaneesh replenishment sucks, so you can get overwhelmed easily.

This is kinda slow at the start, and if your good at micro, then subjugating by force is a lot faster, but this way you actually get to use the faction mechanics to it's fullest potential. I did this in 2.0 and now doing it again in 2.1, cause I actually kinda enjoy playing Slaneesh out of all monogods. My first play through I also didn't really understand how cults and stuff worked, so it was a lot more slower, but this second time around it's been much faster and focused. This is all on VH/VH.

The downside of this, is that you can't do your short victory, cause it requires you to kill the main HE factions, but wheres the fun in that?

1) Loot& Occupy all the settlements in your starting province, you want that money and those devotees, don't sweat too much about PO. Recruit devouted marauders, you can't afford daemonettes, enjoy your marauders you're going to be using them until turn 100 :v:

2) The Dark Elves to the west, make a NAP, Military Access, Trade, always ask for money. Don't do alliances with them, and don't try to subjugate them, unless they turn feral on you. Alarielle is gonna come for them, and that territory is hard to defend. Leave them be for the end. Plus! Later on if Alith Anar is destroyed, you can bring him back from the dead as a vassal by taking Tor Anlec.

3) Send your starting cultist to Tor Yvresse right away so she can begin cults, build the Excess Cult Atelier, the one that gives an extra cultist if you have the capacity(The building gives +1 cultist so you'll always have extra capacity, unless you lose it). Send your starting cultist back to Nkari(you want her in the army for that increased map mobility), with your 2nd cultist start another cult in Tralinia. You probably won't have enough Devotees to do a building right away, that's fine. Have your second cultist give out hugs and kisses to Tor Yvresse lords. This is how you get Gifts of Slaneesh, gifts give you devotees and seductive influence to the targeted faction.

3.5) The cooldown on starting cults is tied to the character not globally! So a new cultist can start another cult right away.

4)Now it's time to subjugate Cothique by force. Take Mistnar and then try to ambush the big Cothique stack. If they are not biting after a turn or two, you're just going to have to siege it down and eat the casualties. Harder to cheese this siege too, more units around.

Cothique does start a second army outside Tor Koruali, you can attack this second army when it pops up, or while it's still small. This will drag out the army out of the settlement into an open battle where you can use your marauders to form a box in the place where the main reinforcements will come out. Your marauders are very fast, so you should be able to set it up in time. Your Nkari goon squad can deal with the opening enemy army(You'll kill him before the reinforcements arrive, so don't end battle). Just deal as much damage as you can, and siege the settlement after, it should be easy auto-resolve.

5) When you subjugate a faction by force you get 500 devotees, on Tralinia you want to do another Atelier and get a third cultist. Send the 3rd cultist to Elessaeli, it might still be owned by Orcs, but Elf Batman will eventually take it. Do not do another Atelier, those agents will start to eat into your budget, just do a Den as it will give you +5 devotees every turn and some influence.

5.5) When you run out of Tor Yvresse lords to give gifts, go give them to Tyrion and his pals. Once you have cults in all of Southern Yvresse move on to open shop in Tyrion's towns.

6) Once you're getting at least 50 devotees per turn, you should start a disciple army with Nkari and have them parked in the Shrine of Kurnous. Disciple army cost devotees, if you run out of devotees they'll start costing money, so make sure you're giving every elf lord a nice gift. You'll want to do this because once Alarielle takes the Phoenix gate she might come for you. A full 20 stack, even if a bit trash will change her mind.

6.5) Build walls you're going to need them, especially if Brettonian assholes declare war on you. The other Warriors of Chaos might start wars with your vassals too, cause CA is bad at videogames, this is fine if they show up, just beat them up. (It's not, CA please fix vassal diplomacy)

7) Tor Yvresee will go down south before starting a war with you. Once you're at war with them, don't take their towns, don't even try to sack them, cause doing so will give your vassal the wrong idea and they themselves will try to take territory(however if you see them do it, you should beat them to the punch). Just lay ambush or let Elf Batman try to siege down your vassal, and fight them on the field. Beating them up gives you extra seductive influence. Your replenishment sucks, so don't be to far from your home province, cause if Alarielle starts to go on a rampage you want to be close by. Don't overextend, there's no need, soon everyone on the island will be your best pal.

Around turn 30-40 you should max out seductive influence over them, maybe even sooner if things go right for you, and then just click the button and dominate them.

This is the point where things start to pick up. Do to Tyrion what you did to Tor Yvresse, start those cults, spread those gifts, beat them on the field. Things will start to roll faster too. Tyrion has more armies, more armies means more gifts, more armies means more battles, more seductive influence. Or you can go out and take Alarielle and let Tyrion fight your vassals. Alarielle is a pain to use seductive influence, so either just kill her or go for subjugation.

At some point cults might start to appear by themselves on Morathi land, when you have devotees and upkeep to spare, pop up an atelier in there, and start spreading your gifts and cults to the DE. Do be warned, once you start to dominating the HE, the DE are going to hate you, but it's fine, just keep that gift and cult train rolling, they'll all be your pals sooner rather than later. You'll also want to be friends with the humans too, so do send someone to Brettonia when you have the resources to spare.

Once your vassal ball gets rolling the donut will be yours for the taking. Don't let stinky Noctilus stick around, get rid of the dummy HE minors and keep the land for yourself or trade it away to your vassals. Eventually you'll have Tyrion, Elf Batman, and Alarielle as your vassals, maybe Morathi too, and on your way to dominating Malekith, and you'll still only have one army mostly composed of Marauders cause you're going to have like 20 cultists running around lol

For maximum fun take the ultimate crisis option for endgame and have you and your vassal swarm against the world.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Is there a trick to getting more warp canisters?

Agent actions carried out successfully by Warlock Engineers can give you fuel. However Warlock Engineers are also the best hero unit in your armies due to the missile and campaign movement bonus, and there's no way to increase the cap fast like the other skaven heroes.

Ikit has a skill that you can get at lvl 11 the earliest, and that only gives you+1, and after that only the t5 warp building chain gives you 1+ extra capacity. Back in TW2 I used the starting Warlock Engineer to go to the Empire and start doing undercity and steal technology spam, because none of the stuff you fought with ikit was that dangerous, but IE changed somewhat that start so I dunno if it's still good idea.

Other than that, only Ikit and Warlock Master lords can get fuel from battles. There's also a Nuke skill that refunds some fuel when nukes are used in battle.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Did this change with game 3? I thought it was always tier 4 to unlock more Warlock Engineer capacity. I noticed it the other day and was surprised.

Don't really remember to be honest.

I did remember that Ikit's DOOOOM! scheme gives him access to a unique undercity building that gives +1 to warlock engineers.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hah, I remember the DOOOOM Engineer giving a special building but I dont remember Ikit having a unique version :v:

Sorry the only Skaven that I played recently is Ishin, and they have different rituals so I'm now thinking that the other clans also have unique rituals but I don't think that's quite right.

lol there's way too much poo poo in these games to keep track of

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Big news for Skaven enjoyers 2.2 patch coming in October 18th and will introduce a Skaven endgame crisis.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-update-210/#hotfix-212

quote:

Update 2.2 is currently targeting October 18 as its release date! This major update includes a wide variety of changes and fixes to several outstanding issues impacting players—in addition to new features based on ongoing player feedback—as you all dive into Total War: WARHAMMER III and Immortal Empires:

End Turn Crash Fix: Coming soon.

Settlement Battles: Numerous adjustments are being made to the number of Settlement Battles encountered throughout a campaign. More details in the full notes next month!

AI Improvements: Several adjustments are being made to the AI based on player feedback: they’ll be generally more aggressive, will scale better with their difficulty setting, should employ smarter tactics in Battle, and will (overall) be better allies and vassals, as well.

Split Ranked Queue: Choose between Land and Domination Battles!

New Endgame Crisis: Yes-yes…

Regiments of Renown III: Our third Regiments of Renown pack is on the way!

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Grimson posted:

"End Turn Crash Fix: Coming soon."

Is this the softlock I've charitably taking to calling the Bretonnia Lock? Since it almost always happens when one of the Bretonnian factions do their turn

Yes. If the crash is happening a lot, the current fix right now is to roll back the game to update 2.0 on the steam beta settings of the game.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Kanos posted:

The dragon form is kind of overrated, IMO. It's definitely good, but it has slow animations, is extremely vulnerable to being shot to poo poo, and restricts your magic. I spend like 80% of my time in human form with the Cathay LLs.

Cathay dragons are bugged in campaign so you can use all their spells in dragon form.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

You can actually change the caravan paths even when they are already on the move, so you can avoid the nastier routes and make sure your caravans stay alive so you have more chances to the events that give you the celestial units.

And you are indeed suppose to go out into the darklands and defend your rights of free trade, by force if necessary.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Is this a base game feature or something from a mod: there have been targeted V-Coast raids throughout my Oxyotl game that have been popping in armies as a sort of 'mini end game'. It hasn't happened too frequently, and I only noticed after the latest iteration spawned a metric assload of full stacks off the west coast of Lustria.

Pretty sure this is from the Dynamic Disasters mod, which does have a Norscan/V-Coast raids mini crisis as an option.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

bloodychill posted:

I think making IE accessible for all owners of 3 would lead to more sales of 3, which currently gets the smallest discounts and is the least popular (sales-wise) entry in the series. As far as I’m concerned, 3 is IE because RoC is the least compelling main scenario in the series.

Warhammer 3 had the second biggest launch of a TW title after Three Kingdoms. It already is the most popular entry in the WH series.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

bloodychill posted:

Is this being padded by game pass numbers/MS creative accounting or does this apply to actual sales?

Just going by Steam numbers alone.

Three Kingdoms had a launch of 191k players, WH3 had 166k players, Wh2 had 72K(It did peak 2 years later at 84k!) and Wh1 had 111K players.

https://steamcharts.com/app/779340#All

https://steamcharts.com/app/1142710#All

https://steamcharts.com/app/594570#All

https://steamcharts.com/app/364360#All

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No roadmap this year, come back in February.

Reckon new content is only really coming in April, at best.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

The way they tie patches to DLC has always been absurd. Like it's cool that the patch usually also contains some FLC content Paradox-style but tbh I'd rather get bug fixes now

WH3 has received a major patch every month since release, with the exceptions of the month before IE and December/January.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

The article says the Dreadquake Mortar can operate independently, or it can be pulled by an Iron Daemon or Skullcracker. I wonder how that’ll work.

In the first game play video you could see the train unit building and the top tier one had 3 identical units in it, so it's 100% just three Dreadquake Mortar mortar units that you recruit normally, and not a voltron train that you assemble in battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

The Chaos Dwarf starts for both maps

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1641108035635486722

Someone put all 3 IE starts on the map with the other factions to compare.

Though they were using some of the IE old starting positions, plus as you can notice on CA twitter, the IE darklands regions have gotten some updates, it seems some regions have expanded and now you can sail in the river of ruin.